Wanted to join Crawdaddy and his crew in Borrego Saturday but, I didn't have a whole day window....so I used the small window that I had and went out early for a Solo "Soul Patch" Ride...it was chilly early but, what a great ride! Here are a few pics...

IMG_1195_zpsujlwxvtk.jpg

There was a "critter" on the trail ahead of me...

IMG_1196_zps7aujdlng.jpg

IMG_1197_zpsxzuhmmn4.jpg

Made friends with 'Ol Sway back...he pinned his ears back as I approached but, was all happy when I rubbed on his neck...

IMG_1200_zpsxzateh6p.jpg

IMG_1202_zpsguo4lixq.jpg

IMG_1203_zpsk1u7jlqw.jpg

IMG_1204_zps9nnfb1dd.jpg

~96 miles of "Soul Patching" Fun...

IMG_1207_zpsuugd6sci.jpg

Looks like fun ride reminds me im due for a long solo soul searching ride myself

80.5 mph-----tsk tsk......

No worries Robert...it was on a dirt section... :coolio:

Sounds nice, what area were you riding?

RB to Ramona to Pauma Valley to Santa Isabella TT to Black Mountain Rd. to Lake Henshaw for breakfast and then back-tracked to RB.

Looks like a fun ride! What gearing are you running? I just picked up a WR, and and looking to sap your knowledge experience. Thanks!

Where's the video?

Still editing it ?

Sorry Thumper...I am severely video challenged... :bigeyed: my iPhone captures my adventures for me... :smile_anim:

Looks like a fun ride! What gearing are you running? I just picked up a WR, and and looking to sap your knowledge experience. Thanks!

The WR does not have a lot of top-end speed for any distance, so for the easy-peasy stuff I run 15 / 48. For more technical stuff (Big Bear, Bass Lake, Bull Head, Wickenberg, etc.) I will run 14 / 50.