I just recently picked up a BMW F800GS - looking to try some big-bike rides. Is there a forum area for riders of the big bikes? I haven't got knobbies yet, so my dirt riding is only on my KTM - I'm looking to do some local loops and get my feet wet. Looking for other guys (or gals) to do some adv riding. I'm free on weekends, unlike a lot of ride posts I see here - I can't do weekdays, I've got to work:(

post-14902-0-77129400-1452706787_thumb.j

With your street tires on I would stay away from any dirt, get some dual purpose rubber and there are plenty who will ride with you including me.

Open weekends for some local back roads 'til you wanna go dirt.

Tire discussions will, of course, be all over the map. Mitas E 07 based on PMB's rec and I'm happy with em on the Tiger so far.

I just recently picked up a BMW F800GS - looking to try some big-bike rides. Is there a forum area for riders of the big bikes? I haven't got knobbies yet, so my dirt riding is only on my KTM - I'm looking to do some local loops and get my feet wet. Looking for other guys (or gals) to do some adv riding. I'm free on weekends, unlike a lot of ride posts I see here - I can't do weekdays, I've got to work:(

Of course!

Keep and eye out or post a ride yourself- winter (such as it is) usually means more small-bike rides, but the 990 is looking so forlorn over there. I was just thinking we're overdue for another south-county n00b ride, which is perfect for big bikes.

Last time we had a spectacular demonstration of big bike capability!

Thanks guys - look forward to meet you out on the road (or trail or both!) I'vE got a TKC80 front unmounted that I got with the bike used...I just need a rear - those Mitas look to be a good blend that will still function on road - I say I'll ride 70/30 road/offroad) so not looking for full knobbies.

I have the exact same bike and year, I use the TKC80 for the front and the scout for the back. Great bike! smooth ride, did do some mods to make it better for the off road. Post me for a ride, I go all the time.

post-13882-0-12758300-1452727178_thumb.j

post-13882-0-45331900-1452727210_thumb.j

Ask, and ye shall receive...what about this Sunday? Mostly dirt or street, any combo in between, it doesn't matter to me.

Based on my limited experience and reading pretty much every review on ADVrider, I second the TKC80/K60 tire combo for your 70/30 riding. Although the TKC80 is known to cup pretty bad (like mine currently is). The k60 has a stiff sidewall and I hear you can run them pretty much flat if you had to.

Kenda Big Blocks are also an option. I am running my first KBB's on my 990 dirt wheel set. So far, so good. Lots of big bikes in the group.

SDSpearo n I did a on-road loop through some north county canyons and out around Warner springs. Up n over my Paomar back through lake Wolford. Nice time. Let's do it again sometime!

Tossing my hat in to the Adventure bike ring. Just picked up a new to me KTM 1190 Adventure R. Low mileage and like new.

Now I just need to find time to ride it. But would love to join y'all on a ride some time.

What part of the county do you live in?

Here's my reviews on the Shinko 804/805 (big block) tires

Cleveland Ntl Forest comes to mind right off. But there's lots of close by options up there. Palomar Divide Truck Trail and Nate Harrison Grade are up there. There's a route I like to take when I camp on Santa Rosa Mountain that takes me from Ramona to the top of Santa Rosa on mostly dirt roads.

im in for a big bike ride this weekend street or dirt or a mix of both, im a noob on a klr650, pm me or reply here to set something up: open invitation.

Hoping I get a chance to get a ride in this weekend.

Have only had a couple quick trips around town on the bike so far, but did ride it to work and back today just for fun. On the way in to work I happened to notice the traction control light coming on in the first few gears when I whack open the throttle hoping for a bit of a wheelie while in Street mode. No wheelie, no drama, kind of milk toast . . .

On the way home from work I left it in street mode and left on ABS, but turned off the traction control.

O M G just O M G

Let's just say wheelies aren't a problem in 3rd gear - or perhaps restated another way, wheelies are a problem in 3rd gear!

At least if I want to keep my drivers license.

Wasn't in a place where I could experiment, but I'm pretty sure 4th gear wheelies aren't out of the question :)