Vacman

Finally rode my Husaberg 570 again...

Finally got the berg out after it was torn apart in the garage since November! New injector, filters, throttle cable, rebuilt akra, new d606, Baja designs xl pro, seat concepts seat, Scott's vibration setup, taller pastrana bend bars, new graphics and plastics, and a full service to baseline it for my ownership.

Some dirt in the intake behind the filter which was worrisome but it doesn't seem to have affected performance.

bae79c5da645a59a50be666787d5b606.jpg

I guess the po wasn't as diligent with maintaining the filter as I had hoped.

Anyway, got it out today and all is well. Didn't doing anything too crazy, just some single track and double track on a loop in the hills by the house. Tested the wolfman setup before an inaugural trip to Baja hopefully coming soon!

8aee067886efa8cfa635f5335c1b2b53.jpg

5c168eaafaa588c882ba194e27a97d02.jpg

2e2e27339e461d69611d0542b1e717c6.jpg

fb568d30ed2ca1409902d047a0a404f5.jpg

The 570 pulls hard and is very linear, especially with the mapping on #1, the low traction setting. No issues making front wheel light on demand but nothing crazy. :)

Very comfy at 65mph keeping up with local traffic. Getting the suspension redone this week by George at Suspension 101 and then it's "done" for now!

Good to see that nice lookin' bike out and about. Can't say enough about George as we talked through the WR's adjustments and my expectations. As you know, you'll be happy with the changes. I hit stuff at Lark, sometimes unexpectedly, and it was supple enough to soak it up but stiff enough when needed.

sweet looking bike looks like it will eat some baja miles up

sweet looking bike looks like it will eat some baja miles up

Yup! Isn't it funny how some bikes just look destined to be baja bikes

Thanks guys, I bought it to be a cross between a 500 and a 690. I love the 70* motor, the fuel injection, and the focus on mass centralization. It really is noticeable. The drawback is the ridiculous cost to add more fuel capacity to the bike. It's $700+ to add a couple gallons! I have a rotopax but no rack, so I'm planning on either a dromedary bag or just using my 2 primus bottles, a siphon, and riding with people with bigger tanks. haha

BTW, the PO did some Baja on the bike and is a friend of Arnie's, so it has the pedigree already. :D