Husqvarna TE125 Rally Machine. no worries except in the dunes I would think........

post-5813-0-97363100-1451755365_thumb.jp

post-5813-0-64514600-1451755382_thumb.jp

post-5813-0-24527900-1451755396_thumb.jp

post-5813-0-03445900-1451755411_thumb.jp

post-5813-0-82359800-1451755427_thumb.jp

post-5813-0-47315200-1451755446_thumb.jp

well now I know for sure that a 20L (@5gal) Acerbis tank will fit my TE300.

PS that cap on the swingarm is oil reserve carried in the swingarm. (2T or gearbox oil? that I dont know)

So it looks like @26L of fuel= @ 7gal= @ 42lb of fuel, 42 lb of fuel plus all the rally gear, makes for quite a heavy 125......plus rider and all his rally kit.

That will be a real adventure, I will keep an eye on this machine for sure.

yeah thats crazy i saw it yesturday i forsure thought it was a 250 or 300 didnt know a 125 thats gonna be one hell of a ride,might not be enough fuel dont the 4 stroke guys run like 9 gallons. probable get similar mileage too with that 125 screaming in rpms

[quote name="robertaccio" post="205557"

PS that cap on the swingarm is oil reserve carried in the swingarm. (2T or gearbox oil? that I dont know)

Oil reserve? Does that mean they'd have to have a drain plug somewhere to access it?

Im wondering if that bike (TE125) is a "demo" bike because I cant find it in the entry list all Huskys are 450 Rally machines on the list.

[quote name="robertaccio" post="205557"

Oil reserve? Does that mean they'd have to have a drain plug somewhere to access it?

I assume yes, they must have access drain valve of some sort.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I noticed a USA effort in the bike entry list on a Husky, none other than the son of Malcolm Smith, Alexander Smith riding in his first DAKAR.

http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2016/us/rider/starters-bikes.html

I'm wondering about the 125 2 stroke engine, if their is any advantage in the simplicity of making repairs during the race. Less moving parts, and all. Can't wait to see it's performance in the sand.

I am sure most of you know this, but THE place for all things Dakar is advrider in the racing sub forum. Insider info, realtime tracking, inmates actually running the Dakar relaying info to the forum, exclusive pics and video, etc. The husqvarna is legit. It's the only 2t.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2016-official-dakar-coverage-f5irehose-the-mother-ship.1113555/

There's also a summary thread for those who have lives and cannot handle the f5 flow:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2016-dakar-cliffnotes-lifeboat.1113940/

The Dakar app isn't too bad either.

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I noticed a USA effort in the bike entry list on a Husky, none other than the son of Malcolm Smith, Alexander Smith riding in his first DAKAR.

I'm wondering about the 125 2 stroke engine, if their is any advantage in the simplicity of making repairs during the race. Less moving parts, and all. Can't wait to see it's performance in the sand.

Can anybody pronounce the rider's name of bike plate #56?! :bigeyed:

A quick run-down of the bikes:

Beta - 2

BMW -1

Gas Gas - 1

Honda - 14

Husqvarna - 16

Kawasaki - 2

KTM - 71

Sherco - 4

Suzuki - 5

Yamaha - 21

Can anybody pronounce the rider's name of bike plate #56?! :bigeyed:

I think I'd be giving him a nick name, like 'Tosh', otherwise........not a chance

A quick run-down of the bikes:

Beta - 2

BMW -1

Gas Gas - 1

Honda - 14

Husqvarna - 16

Kawasaki - 2

KTM - 71

Sherco - 4

Suzuki - 5

Yamaha - 21

or one can say 87 KTM machines.........unless some are still using those BMW-Husky /449 type rally bikes.

They call them the Husqvarna 450RR. They're just the KTM bike with different livery.

those ralley Huskys and KTMs have WP 52mm cone valve forks on them.....super duty legs!!