CVRick

tire inflator co2 and hand pump

what are good tire repair kits? I have cheap hand pump and tube plus tools now. What to add co2,patches and plugs maybe. What are you using?

Hand bicycle pump and extra tube, with couple patches and cement. Co2 cans are nice if have the space but I ended up carrying co2 with hand pump as backup so not worth space. Plugs will only be needed for tubliss setup no use with tubes.

What to add co2,patches and plugs maybe. What are you using?

I keep all the above on board. The co2 cartridges have a small wt. penalty (you want 3-4 on hand if possible).

Hand bicycle pump and extra tube, with couple patches and cement. Co2 cans are nice if have the space but I ended up carrying co2 with hand pump as backup so not worth space. Plugs will only be needed for tubliss setup no use with tubes.

Same here, plus bring some fellow riders drinking Tecate to take pictures while you sweat your ass off. I also have a small Slime air compressor I bring on my big bike.

The CO2 cartridges will set the bead quickly. But a MotoPump (or slime or harbor frieght) works just as well, really.

agree with BP above. CO2 cartridges are too heavy and the pumps always seem to fail when needed the most. The back up hand pump on the CO2 inflators is absolutely worthless.

I highly recommend an inexpensive mountain bike hand pump. if you ride a big bike with paniers an electric pump makes sense.