Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

The CID 100

CID was a great lead rider as he put together A Big Loop with multiple challenges

Starting comfortably moving up slope on Montezuma Grade to Culp then Jasper to Grapevine. Warm-up compete we moved on to Pinion Canyon; The Squeeze, The Ledges, The Pinion Drop and on to Fish Creek. We were warmed up by the time we got to Hwy 78 at 1:45.

We took a casual route back to Carmalitas via Goat Trail, The Slot and the Inspiration Sand Hills. Good Work-Out

Everyone put in a good effort!

Bags

P10000341000w.jpg

P10000321000w.jpg

P10000391000w.jpg

P10000381000w.jpg

P10000471000w.jpg

The ledge in Pic # 3 was A little tough for me A while back.I think I see Rigger there. I really need to make one of these weekday desert runs. Is 100 mile range usually enough?

TO QUOTE BAGSTER:

" For those " New to the Desert " please be aware this ride has major Sand obstacles. We will travel through Pinyon Canyon, down through the Squeeze, up the ledges and Down the one-way Pinyon Drop ("Heart Attack") among other highlights. Other-wise a stroll through the park. May well be over 100 (105 on my odom) miles."

No truer words have been spoken, wouldn't you say . . . "Beamer".

Great loop with lots of variety.

P.S. Those headlights look awesome "Beamer".

Another great ride with the Breakfast Crew. 8 riders and good weather no major spills and zero mechanical issues made for a good day. It was nice to get out in front for a change and open it up a little but every time I thought I was running good there was Rigger on my rear wheel. I told my wife I need a new bike so I can stay in front of the young bucks. I'm not sure if she's buying it.

The crew

P1080461_zpsmmknmgej.jpg

Brian showing us how it's supposed to be done at the squeeze.

P1080468_zpshobqfvmk.jpg[/uR

L]

Dan going up the squeeze to look for a couple of wayward riders.

P1080469_zpspmbghgsj.jpg

Mike coming down Heart Attack.

P1080484_zpsp3x4zuhx.jpg

We'll probably take next week off then hit the desert again. Hope you can join us.

CiD

Minus the rocks this looks good for the ol BRP, yes? Lots of fast sand?

Your brp will be fine for all of it, rock sections are super short 100 yards total.

starting up the plan

IMG_5509_zpssq6ajnfu.jpg

regroup

IMG_5500_zpsptuf8yzk.jpg

off we go in deep sand hills

IMG_5512_zpsfocxbnvb.jpg

Slot drop off - deep soft sand downhill with jeep dug out holes to get trapped in on the descend. Your front will go in but will not come out.

IMG_5507_zpszekigler.jpg
IMG_5504_zpsm5gkm7ts.jpg
IMG_5502_zpsrrmm36ug.jpg

Beemer was the first to educate us on the optional superman descent.

IMG_5508_zpsdwwhdpok.jpg

My front wheel did the same "stuck in a hole routine," but I stay with the bike. Beemer took flight and almost stuck the landing.