Ken S

Superstition Sunday 11-22

Late start due to fact that I am now a single father.

Rob - SDHydro and I wiil be down there approx 10:30. Ride 3 or 4 hours.

Usual spot. Near the info board on Wheeler Rd near the dunes. Black F150

Intermediate level ride. Mix of sand, whoops, rocks, fast lake bed WFO stuff.

Call me if you need better directions. Kenny 619-922-4554

Two things:

1. I really like Superstatition. One of my fave places to ride and camp. Lots to explore.

2. Your name in Spanish translates roughly to, "Who is it?"

True story.

I cannot go this weekend,but this is a spot I really want to get to again. Have you gone to painted gorge area?

We usually stage from super and often ride to painted gorge thru the north end. Depends on the gas range of who's wiith me.

I love the variety of terrain you can ride in just a few hours.

I'm down in the desert almost every weekend all winter long if you want to ride sometime.

Ken. I spent Friday riding in ocotillo. That was my free day for this week. I might be down next weekend, depending on what I hear about the crowds. Not a huge fan of the holiday weekend chaos. But i might make an exception. Otherwise I may just goto a track. At least there the crowds stampede in one direction.

I'll be riding dunes at Buttercup next weekend away from the crowds.

It was a learning experience for me. I learned not to slow down when you're going down a dune or you'll do a cartwheel over the handle bars. It's going to be awhile before I get all the sand out of my ass crack.

It was most excellent. Rode with Rob and Devin. Me on the RMZ dune slayer. They were both on there new KTMs.

Great weather.

Robs first time in the dunes on his 350 and he had so much more fun than being on the DRZ.

First dune trip for Devin. He crashes with style doing somersalts and cartwheels but gets up with a smile on his face.

We rode dunes. Rocks. Whoops. Mud hills.

I had a serious o----- moment first time over Sand Dam. I went to roost as I went over the top the first time.

Bad idea. The lip on the back is higher and steeper than last year and I revved high enough to launch way farther and faster than I would ever do on purpose. Stuck the landing but thought for Shure it was going to be real bad.

Let's do it again soon.

It was awesome. First test of my new 350 in the desert and had no problems with power at all and handled the sand like a champ. Oh and I got both your cart wheels on video. Ken took a couple pics also

Sweet! I was hoping some of my acrobatics would be caught on film. Nice pics Kenny. Thanks for taking the time to snap them