Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Another Weekday Ride

This one will be the desert loop I put together for last week's ride. That ride got postponed to lay tracks with KTMrad for "the Dash".

Recap of the desert loop - Squeeze, Drop, Fish Creek, Split Mt, Superstition, Plaster City, Dos Cabezas, Canyon Sin Nombre.

Lots of Riding, we'll need an early start.

Anybody is welcome to join in, it'll be lots of sand washes and sand trails and maybe some sand tracks. I think there was a couple sand roads in there too. Because of the distance covered a swift pace will be enjoyed by most participants. Pack your big boy gas tank too. I'm not sure how far it is from the trailhead to Ocotillo for gas, but needless to say it's a fair distance.*

Lunch stop will be at the greasy spoon in Ocotillo. Gas can be purchased just down the street from there.

* A gas stop in Ocotillo Wells would be possible on a Monday ride, but the Blu in is appearantly closed on Tues and Wed.

I'll be in the Superstition area all week long, if I can work it into my hectic schedule I'll meet you somewhere down there and ride as much as I can.

I'll have Monday and Tuesday off next week... I can take Wednesday off too, but I prefer Monday and Tuesday for plaing aroud.

papa

Sorry for being absentee on this post, I just got things straight for next week.

For some reason when I posted this I was looking at the January 2007 calander. I wanted to go Mon-Wed, but I can do Thursday too.

Alex you wanna ride the Desert Loop on Monday?

Bum you still able to ride on Thursday? Maybe go North through Anza again? I've got some more trails I want to look at up there, or we could do more desert riding.

Anybody else playing hookie next week?

Jon

I would love to go back. Weather report is rain next week.

Hmm, rain may necessitate another desert ride. The last one was so much fun. I wish rad would get those photos posted.

Jon

Jan 21 ride - KTMrad called about going to Superstition. That may or may not happen. It depends on what needs to be done for the Dash, permits or tracks.

If it's permits, we're not riding and I'm not taking the motorcycle out. Instead I'll go to San Clemente Canyon and ride the Mt bike. 10AM meet off Genesee Ave.

Jan 24 ride - I'm still game. Rain should end by Wednesday, it'll be stellar in the desert.

Jon

I had a good little break-in ride today on my new Mt. Bike. Got some things sorted out and had to have the rear shocked aired-up to help the preload. Now it seams the forks need a little air too.

XR650Lbum a PM is going your way. I'm wanting to do some desert riding. I hope you're still able to go on Thursday.

DirtDame are you in?

Jon

XR650Lbum a PM is going your way. I'm wanting to do some desert riding. I hope you're still able to go on Thursday.

DirtDame are you in?

Jon

What's the game plan now, and will we be caught in a flash flood? It's supposed to be a big ol' storm with lots of rain starting on Wednesday night and running through at least Friday.

I dont know what the weather is going to be like. Not looking to ride in big rain. I believe they are saying the real rain will fall Fri-Sat. Conditions might be perfect on Thurs. I am sore, so dont expect a race ready bum. I would love to go for the all day cruise though. I will put a new tire on. The old one is spent.

And finally, I have about 70-80 mile range on the machine I would like to run for the day. Is that good enough?

What's the game plan now, and will we be caught in a flash flood? It's supposed to be a big ol' storm with lots of rain starting on Wednesday night and running through at least Friday.

If there is heavy rain in the mountains we shouldn't be riding in the desert washes and I don't want to haul my bike to the des in the rain. The plan was to ride Fish creek wash. That'd be about the only area that'd get really wet if it was raining upstream.

I dont know what the weather is going to be like. Not looking to ride in big rain. I believe they are saying the real rain will fall Fri-Sat. Conditions might be perfect on Thurs. I am sore, so dont expect a race ready bum. I would love to go for the all day cruise though. I will put a new tire on. The old one is spent.

Drink a big protein smoothie once a day for the next few days and a handful of tylenol on Thursday morning. You'll be good to go. :unsure:

I'm checking the weather now. I don't trust the local weatherman to ever get it right. Even if they do have rain forecasted for Thursday it is still possible to not get any rain. You've all seen it before. SO unless it's raining Thurs morning, I'll be riding.

Hmm, I think I might need a new tire too...

And finally, I have about 70-80 mile range on the machine I would like to run for the day. Is that good enough?

Let's meet at the Santa Ysabel gas station at 8AM. From there we'll relocate down to S-2 and the trailhead. The bikes will be topped in Santa Y and gas will be available in Ocotillo Wells and in Ocotillo. These are different places ~40 miles apart. Total for the day should be around 120 miles.

Too bad Rob. We'll take lots of pictures to rub in how much fun we had while you were in the BOREDroom.

Jon

Too bad Rob. We'll take lots of pictures to rub in how much fun we had while you were in the boardroom.

Jon

Haha, how about BOREDroom :unsure:

I will tote the TE by Jeepback up to Santa Ysabel. There will be a spot to park near the trailhead or ride the critter from S.Y.?

I did the edit, thanks dame.

There is parking at the trailhead. I too will be hauling the bike out to the trail.

Jon

I did the edit, thanks dame.

Oh, I just thought it was funnier if R.O. was busy being bored in a boredroom instead of a boardroom while we went riding :blink: Either way, he's gonna be bored and we're not :unsure:

I know I had it spelled right the first time and you were also right, it is funnier spelled boredroom.

Unless I have to use a snorkle and fins to get from the front porch to the garage, I'll go for a ride tomorrow. As most of you know, I will ride the dirt especially in duckie weather.

Weather update. It started raining pretty good around 3:30 in Elsinore, getting lighter as I headed back south on the freeway, so it'll probably reach our neck of the woods pretty soon.

It has started to rain on North county coastal. I believe they are saying it will be a big rain tonight, then rain again in the PM tomorrow. We may be hitting this perfect.

I will be there rain or shine. If plan A doesn't work, we can collect ideas and make a plan B.

8AM Santa Ysabel

Me

XR650LBum

DirtDame

?bikeslut?