Spaugh

home invasion near me

home invasion

2 guys tied up and robbed a couple last night pretty close to my house. :lol:

Hope they catch them and hope for their sake they don't choose my house next time. They'd have 2 wild dogs and a model 12 to deal with. :aggressive:

home invasion

2 guys tied up and robbed a couple last night pretty close to my house. :lol:

Hope they catch them and hope for their sake they don't choose my house next time. They'd have 2 wild dogs and a model 12 to deal with. :aggressive:

Crazy, especially the tying up part and all for a watch and $200???

Glad you were not victimized. I've noticed I am a bit more on edge since my little tustle at the 7 Eleven when I got a love slap with a pipe.

Yup, keep the equalizer :lol: within easy reach. I hope that never happens to me becuase I like to think I wouldn't hesitate.

I rather be judged by twelve than be carried by six. :aggressive:

When I worked for a big tile company, I met a wood guy that put some terrible images in my head. I had noticed the scarf on his neck (middle of summer in Neast county) but not my business. He was in a very bad mood and needed someone to talk to. He was a young white guy living up north(relatively close to LA). He was married with an infant child. He was doing well, had lots of toys and a house. 2 Black males approached him one night when he was getting out of his truck in his driveway. They had a gun and told him they wanted his drugs and money. They thought he was a drug dealer. They told him to take them into the house or he would get shot. He complied. They proceeded to tie him and his wife up, and ransack the house. They did not get much, as he had said they did not have anything. As the Black POS are leaving the older one tells the younger one to go to the kitchen get a knife and take care of them. Young POS gets a knife cuts both of thier throats and puts the child between them. Turns out the POS did not cut deep enough. When he heard the F POS's leave he was able to undo himself and call 911. The police caught the two POS when they came back into the neighbor hood thinking that they were dead, and that no one would be the wiser at this point. He was going to court at the time over this event. In the end his wife left him because she said he could not protect her and the baby(BITCH).

For those of you who think having a gun in the house will make you safe, you are mistaken. A gun will only protect you if you have it in your hand at the ready. 99 times out of 100 people never get to the weapon. I am not knocking owning a weapon. I do.

^ sad story. I agree about the gun not being any good unless you can get to it. At least I can have one near me while I sleep. Having dogs and locked doors also helps.

Just scary how much of this goes on. My buddies' moms house got raided while she was at work a few weeks ago in La Mesa. The neighborhood has really gone downhill...

Home invasion robberies are very rare in this country. They happen much more frequently in Europe and Great Britain. Of the one’s that happen here the majority of suspects are Vietnamese gangs targeting the Vietnamese community. That is because the 1st generation immigrants don’t trust banks and have a lot of money and jewelry in the house. Another of the cultural differences is the victims don’t trust the police and many times don’t bother to report the robbery. More common is the burglary of the house when no one is home.

All that being said it could happen to you. I keep a fire arm in the home. While not easily accessible to children I can get to it. When I not home it is locked up. My wife also has a pistol somewhere in the house. I don’t know where she keeps it but she doesn’t open the door when I’m not home. I’m not sure about the 99 times out of 100 statement. The majority of people in the United States who use firearms to protect themselves never have to fire the weapon. Even if the crook is in the house you cqan run for the gun. It is harder for the crook to hit a moving target. If you don’t resist that doesn’t mean that they won’t harm you and your family. Most crooks just want to get your stuff and then to get away, but most crooks would never do a home invasion robbery either.

Most crooks are opportunistic cowards; they don’t knowingly attack armed victims. They are wolfs looking for sheep to attack. Now in the Chief’s case they found a sheep dog. Take a look at a sheep dog. It has long fluffy hair and looks like a sheep. Heck it even mixes in with the sheep, but it ain’t no sheep. The sheep dog is more then a match for the wolf. And no, I’m not saying that chief has long hair and should get a hair cut. But he has proven that he is more than a match for the wolf.

Here are a few of my tips for home safety;

Be prepared for the event before it happens. Run different scenarios through your mind before it happens and determine what you will do before you need to. If you don’t run this before hand you definitely will do so afterwards, so why not do it before. This will also help you react in time. You wont need to hesitate and think of what you will need to do.

Don’t open the doors for strangers. If some knocks on the door late at night needing to use the phone to summon help you can make the call for them. This era of cordless phones has made it easy to pass the phone out to someone. In the old days before wireless this was one scam to enter your home (remember the movie clockwork orange). Be prepared if you do open the door. Make sure no one else is hiding nearby ready to rush in.

If you do decide to use a firearm be prepared to use it. When hiring law enforcement officers one of the questions always asked is; can you take another person’s life? Many people can not do this. That is all right, they fit into the sheep category. The world needs sheep, they keep it running. Sheep are not bad, it’s is just a person who needs to be protected. You infant son is a sheep, although he may grow into a sheep dog. Everyone was a sheep at one time. Decide if you can take a life before you need to. Otherwise firearms have no place in your self-defense scheme.

If someone confronts you outside of your home decide if you are willing tolay down your life for your family. If you are then don’t let a crook into your home. For me I’d rather take a bullet outside the home then have my family’s throat cut inside the home.

Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t walk with your head down. Keep your head up, continue to look around and look people in the eyes. If something doesn’t look right it probably isn’t.

It is harder to hit a moving target then one that is standing still. If you run, run like a rabbit. Don’t go in a straight line, run laterally and zig-zag. You are much harder to hit that way. Don’t go to a seclude area or building with them, the more public the better. Most people with gun shot wounds survive. If you get shot remember that and fight.

Well time for me to get off of my soap box. Sorry for the rant just that I really hate people who victimize others. :aggressive:

The interesting thing about a Shotgun, is that you don't have ever had to own one, or have ever shot one to know what a shell being chambered sounds like. EVERYONE knows that sound.

One of the FEW TIMES violence on TV and movies will work to your benefit.

The interesting thing about a Shotgun, is that you don't have ever had to own one, or have ever shot one to know what a shell being chambered sounds like. EVERYONE knows that sound.

One of the FEW TIMES violence on TV and movies will work to your benefit.

Very true!

Another tip; bird shot doesn’t go through walls into the neighbor’s real well, but it will do a number on the bad guy. So you don’t have to use buck shot…unless of course you want to. :aggressive:

Another tip; bird shot doesn’t go through walls into the neighbor’s real well, but it will do a number on the bad guy. So you don’t have to use buck shot…unless of course you want to. :aggressive:

Didn't mean to start a gun thread, but while we are at it..... With reference to your above statement, I DO want to. :lol: Cheapo 3" wolf 00 packs a mean punch.

My wife also has a pistol somewhere in the house. I don’t know where she keeps it but she doesn’t open the door when I’m not home.

Having a gun in the house and not know where it is?

Sheep are not baaaad, it’s is just a person who needs to be protected.

Thats just funny!

For me I’d rather take a bullet outside the home then have my family’s throat cut inside the home.

I really hate people who victimize others. :aggressive:

Exactly. It is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of fight in the dog! Guns alone will not protect you.

Didn't mean to start a gun thread, but while we are at it..... With reference to your above statement, I DO want to. :aggressive: Cheapo 3" wolf 00 packs a mean punch.

Brad,

For future visits remind me to call first before I come over.

Jon

Didn't mean to start a gun thread, but while we are at it..... With reference to your above statement, I DO want to. :lol: Cheapo 3" wolf 00 packs a mean punch.

Brad,

For future visits remind me to call first before I come over.

Jon

:aggressive: ya, you might get your hand bitten by some more dogs, or get it blown off by sticking it in the mail box :lol:;) Just don't barge in while I'm sleeping and you'll be fine.

Hope that tire works for you.

Another tip; bird shot doesn’t go through walls into the neighbor’s real well, but it will do a number on the bad guy. So you don’t have to use buck shot…unless of course you want to. :friends:

Didn't mean to start a gun thread, but while we are at it..... With reference to your above statement, I DO want to. <_< Cheapo 3" wolf 00 packs a mean punch.

I don't have a shotgun. I have handguns. I use frangable ammunition such as Glazer Blue Safetyslugs in my guns, so that they will transfer maximum energy on impact to the subject and also not go through walls. I am so mad at the bad guys, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger. Yes, I have been in that situation before, no I didn't have to pull the trigger. Mr. Dumbell realized I was armed and fled.....right into the arms of the Sheriffs dept who had just rolled up.

Another tip; bird shot doesn’t go through walls into the neighbor’s real well, but it will do a number on the bad guy. So you don’t have to use buck shot…unless of course you want to. :friends:

Didn't mean to start a gun thread, but while we are at it..... With reference to your above statement, I DO want to. <_< Cheapo 3" wolf 00 packs a mean punch.

I don't have a shotgun. I have handguns. I use frangable ammunition such as Glazer Blue Safetyslugs in my guns, so that they will transfer maximum energy on impact to the subject and also not go through walls. I am so mad at the bad guys, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger. Yes, I have been in that situation before, no I didn't have to pull the trigger. Mr. Dumbell realized I was armed and fled.....right into the arms of the Sheriffs dept who had just rolled up.

Ya, I've got magsafe super swat rounds in the .45... Tons of damage, but i don't have to worry so much about the neighbors.

Having a gun in the house and not know where it is?

My wife knows where it is but I don’t. We don’t have small children in the house and the grandchildren are not left alone to wander through the house. I got my wife a gunsafe. I hope she is using it. But I don’t have the combo so I don’t know. I don’t need to know where her gun is because I’ll use one of mine. I also don’t piss her off because she is a good shot at close range. :friends: But you do bring up a good point and I will discuss it with her.

Glazer Blue Safetyslugs.

My employer doesn’t allow me to use Glazer safety slugs but it does allow me to shoot more then once. So if I need to I’ll just reload. <_<