Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

Ocatillo Wells 1-12-13-08

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Cristina and I are going to Ocatillo wells this weekend and will be camping east of the airport. She is a newb, so I got to get her out in some new trails.

I need to put some more miles on her CRF 150, so that I can SMOKE :lol: CRAWDAD on it.

I will also have a XR if anyone wants to go on a long ride

Cristina and I are going to Ocatillo wells this weekend and will be camping east of the airport. She is a newb, so I got to get her out in some new trails.

I need to put some more miles on her CRF 150, so that I can SMOKE :lol: CRAWDAD on it.

What's your plan Craig? Mickey and I were thinking of loading up the toyhauler and heading out for the weekend camping. I'm going to try and get out of work early tomorrow (Friday) and head out there. We probably won't do much riding tomorrow evening since it'll be getting dark by the time we get there, but we could hook up and ride Saturday and/or Sunday...

Are you planning on camping at the Holmes Camp where the picnic tables are? Arriving Friday evening or Saturday morning?

Anybody else want to come out and throw some sand around?

I need to put some more miles on her CRF 150, so that I can SMOKE :aggressive: CRAWDAD on it.

Reminds me of that line from the Movie Stripes, "Lighten up Francis"..... :lol:

You're welcome, ecouraged in fact, to please ride IN FRONT of me and smoke me on a XR50 (Honda of course)........whatever man, I could care less......find a different speed bump :lol:

Happy Trails to you Ham & Cheese.....whoops, I mean Hammer ;):D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I need to put some more miles on her CRF 150, so that I can SMOKE :aggressive: CRAWDAD on it.

What's your plan Craig? Mickey and I were thinking of loading up the toyhauler and heading out for the weekend camping. I'm going to try and get out of work early tomorrow (Friday) and head out there. We probably won't do much riding tomorrow evening since it'll be getting dark by the time we get there, but we could hook up and ride Saturday and/or Sunday...

Are you planning on camping at the Holmes Camp where the picnic tables are? Arriving Friday evening or Saturday morning?

Anybody else want to come out and throw some sand around?

My only plan is to have fun. I dont care were I camp, but was told just East of the airport there is smooth, more compact soil for my wife to ride on. She also liked being close to the Desert Rose. I would like to camp by you guys and ride with you if it works out. Do you have GPS waypoints were you want to camp. Or just P.m. your cell and I will call you.

We plan to leave around 4;00A.M. saturday.

Craig.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Reminds me of that line from the Movie Stripes, "Lighten up Francis"..... :lol:

You're welcome, ecouraged in fact, to please ride IN FRONT of me and smoke me on a XR50 (Honda of course)........whatever man, I could care less......find a different speed bump :lol:

Happy Trails to you Ham & Cheese.....whoops, I mean Hammer ;):D

I couldnt think of a better comeback to your BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. Hammer bashing post. So BRING IT CRAWDAD. :D

My only plan is to have fun. I dont care were I camp, but was told just East of the airport there is smooth, more compact soil for my wife to ride on. She also liked being close to the Desert Rose. I would like to camp by you guys and ride with you if it works out. Do you have GPS waypoints were you want to camp. Or just P.m. your cell and I will call you.

We plan to leave around 4;00A.M. saturday.

Craig.

We usually camp off Cahuilla Trail, but that's just out of habit. We'll shoot this time for Holmes Camp. Check this link: http://blowsand.com/bs/maps/ow_svra_map_large.jpg for a map. It's a campground just east of the airport and close to where you want to be. I don't have GPS coordinates for it, but we'll try and snag a good spot for a couple people to camp. I'm in a black Chevy Silverado with Louisiana plates, pulling a Rage'n bumper-pull toyhauler with California plates.

Here's a picture of the rig:

img0004dp9.jpg

My cell number is in the members only section. I'm hoping there's better coverage at Holmes Camp than where we usually camp. Give us a call as you get closer and I'll give you GPS coordinates and/or directions.

I won't speak for Craig, but if anyone else wants to camp with Mickey and I, you're welcome to come. If you just want to do a day trip - that's great. We can meet up at My Desert Rose or at the campsite and throw some sand around on either Saturday or Sunday. We have no hard and fast plans other than to relax, camp, and ride. It's all green sticker out there, so bring the dirtbikes.

I'll check this thread before I leave tomorrow.

I might see you guys out there later in the day on Saturday. I assume you guys will be back at holmes camp before dark?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I might see you guys out there later in the day on Saturday. I assume you guys will be back at holmes camp before dark?

[/quote sounds good, we look forward to seeing you all in the deseret. REX EVERYTHING it would be best if you came out Saturday. Bring your girl too if you can. Cristina does't ride that much. They will have fun while we ride. DIG DUG and Micky are fun to ride with. We will have a great time. you could camp if you want, thats halfe the fun! Come on out and join us.

I have lots of wood so we can have a nice fire Saturday night. ;)

Craig.

Crawdad, if you show up its cool too, but there is going to be a race. :aggressive: :lol: BLAH. BLAH. BLAH. :lol::D

My friend Jeff and I have been talking about a day ride in Ocotillo Wells this weekend. I'll talk with him tomorrow and let you know.

That's the plan!!! I hope we don't get stuck out on the trail after dark...

I'm hoping it won't be so crowded out there that it'll be hard to find us amongst all the other campers out there!

I need to get one of those flagpoles and find some unusual flag to fly for things like this.

If I go, it would be a day trip for me on Saturday...I'll be looking for you guys and Hammer's truck at Holmes Camp ...What would be ready to ride meeting time?

If I go, it would be a day trip for me on Saturday...I'll be looking for you guys and Hammer's truck at Holmes Camp ...What would be ready to ride meeting time?

hey papa, call me if you are going tomorrow morning. Bryan and I are going out that way, but not sure what time or where yet. I might camp out with these guys after our ride.

Alex,

I'm not sure what time we'll ride. When we camp we're on no schedule at all. If you want to ride Saturday, give me a call on my cell phone, if I don't answer leave a message and let me know what time you'll be there and where you'll be (if other than Holmes Camp).

Same goes for anyone else that wants to ride. We're just finishing the loading and will be headed out in a few minutes. Hope to see some of you guys out there with us and Hammer's group!!! Looks like the weather will be perfect!!!!

;) DARN THE LUCK! :lol: I have softball registration and try-outs for Courtney, but I hate passing up an opportunity to lose my dear friend Alexiev :lol: If one of you guys could please take care of this for me, I would be eternally grateful. It's simple really, here are some pointers:

1. Go for a ride.

2. After you've been riding for a bit, you'll notice that papa is missing.

3. Stay put and wait for him for 10-15 minutes.

4. Spend an hour or so looking for him while one of your party waits at the spot you stopped at when you noticed him missing.

5. (This is the REALLY important step, so pay attention) GO back to camp and make yourself a Cap'n and Coke (please note that Dr. Pepper will work in place of the Coke). If papa has not returned by the time your done with the drink, go in the trailer and take a quick shower. If he's STILL not back start putting your riding gear back on and tell everyone your going to go look for him.

6. He should pull up just as you buckle you last boot strap :D

:D:D Of course I'm just kidding, and sorry for the Hijack, but I truly am very fond of Alex. He's one of the few people I've ever met who does not complain about much, if anything. Na Zdrovia my friend :aggressive:

:angry: DARN THE LUCK! <_< I have softball registration and try-outs for Courtney, but I hate passing up an opportunity to lose my dear friend Alexiev :unsure: If one of you guys could please take care of this for me, I would be eternally grateful. It's simple really, here are some pointers:

1. Go for a ride.

2. After you've been riding for a bit, you'll notice that papa is missing.

3. Stay put and wait for him for 10-15 minutes.

4. Spend an hour or so looking for him while one of your party waits at the spot you stopped at when you noticed him missing.

5. (This is the REALLY important step, so pay attention) GO back to camp and make yourself a Cap'n and Coke (please note that Dr. Pepper will work in place of the Coke). If papa has not returned by the time your done with the drink, go in the trailer and take a quick shower. If he's STILL not back start putting your riding gear back on and tell everyone your going to go look for him.

6. He should pull up just as you buckle you last boot strap ;)

:lol::lol: Of course I'm just kidding, and sorry for the Hijack, but I truly am very fond of Alex. He's one of the few people I've ever met who does not complain about much, if anything. Na Zdrovia my friend :friends:

Who knows, papa might just do it again...it's 2008 and I have not been lost yet :lol: :fool:

Hey Hammer, is there room for another couple? My girl and I were thinking of heading out to Ocotillo for a day run sat. It would be cool to hook with some new riders.

Z.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Hammer, is there room for another couple? My girl and I were thinking of heading out to Ocotillo for a day run sat. It would be cool to hook with some new riders.

Z.

Come on out and ride camp and have fun. I will be at the Deseret Rose in the morning (around 7:00 ) you can call me on my cell to find where we are camped or call Doug, his number is in one of his posts. my truck is usualy easy to find. Here is a picture of it, so you can find us.

Craig+Cristina :friends:

post-465-1200110441_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for letting Shannon and I ride with you guys!! It was a great day of throwing dirt. We were so busy riding we forgot to take pictures. <_< Thinking about a repeat for next weekend?? :friends: