walker1

Well It's Official

As Quick as it began, My Riding days are over! At least for my foreseeable future.

Torn meniscus, tendon and nerve damage.

Darn! Just when I was starting to have some real fun.

My last torn meniscus surgery took over a year before the pain went away:(

Boss says bike must go ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

As Quick as it began, My Riding days are over! At least for my foreseeable future.

Boss says bike must go :angry:

That sucks BRO. I had fun rideing with you. How much for the KTM. I am looking for another bike. ;)

What employer has that power? I am assuming that is your wife! I am sure we could hide it until the storm blows over.

What employer has that power? I am assuming that is your wife! I am sure we could hide it until the storm blows over.

Right now I'm Sick to my stomach!

I Love my Orange Machine!

How do I post pics?

Says I need a url?

How do I post pics?

Says I need a url?

hit reply, look down where it says File Attachments

Don't sell, HIDE and tell her it was stolen. :angry: When better we will give it back, with a few miles on it to keep everything lubed up. Everyone's Happy! ;):D:D

How do I post pics?

Says I need a url?

hit reply, look down where it says File Attachments

Thanks,

post-2790-1199751731_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You can hide it at my house. :angry:

She, (the Boss) is just upset right now. I'll get back to work in a couple of weeks and she'll calm down.

Right now I'm Sick to my stomach!

I Love my Orange Machine!

How do I post pics?

Says I need a url?

post-2790-1199751938_thumb.jpg

post-2790-1199751965_thumb.jpg

I believe I met you out at the Corral Canyon campground awhile back. I'm sorry to hear about your injury I was hoping to ride with you.

I know your pain, I had my left Medial Meniscus completely removed back in 2003. It takes awhile to heal up and you might be able to predict the weather like I can now (deep aches means rain, sharp pinch means it's going to get cold) .

But the bright side is that you may find yourself healthy enough to get riding again like I did. :angry:

Hope you heal fast!

Aaron

May take You up on that.

Not sure what to do. Can't even walk real good yet.

It was Great riding with you guys.

I believe I met you out at the Corral Canyon campground awhile back. I'm sorry to hear about your injury I was hoping to ride with you.

I know your pain, I had my left Medial Meniscus completely removed back in 2003. It takes awhile to heal up and you might be able to predict the weather like I can now (deep aches means rain, sharp pinch means it's going to get cold) .

But the bright side is that you may find yourself healthy enough to get riding again like I did. :angry:

Hope you heal fast!

Aaron

Thanks,

Hopefully I get to ride again some day and predict the weather too!

Damnit you stole my idea ;)

That pic of you riding down the hill, is that coming down from Tecate Peak?

Sorry to hear about it, but it'll get better. And look at the bright side. Once that piece of cartilage is scraped away, it can't tear again.

Maybe the wife will come around after a while and we can ride again. The length of Baja on pavement maybe?

Darn, sorry about that. ;) But give it time and you may be riding with the club again. The body is amazing in what it can do. My wish is that you heal fast (but don’t push it to hard).

Hammer is a nice guy and it was wonderful of him to offer to “store” your bike for you, :D but he lives too close to the ocean. All that wet salt air will just kill the poor thing. B)

Now here in East County we have nice dry salt free air. So we would be much better to “store” you bike for you. :angry: And of course we wouldn’t have to put as many miles on it to keep it in good running order. Just like people, setting around is not good for a vehicle. We are much closer to the bike “exercising” areas. :D So Car Guy or I would be perfect for “storing” your bike. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I talked with Gary on the phone Saturday and I think we better stop trying to make him lough. I think it would hurt, for him to LOL. I felt badly for him and hope he gets well soon.

Craig.

That pic of you riding down the hill, is that coming down from Tecate Peak?

Coming down Kuchama TT. Can't get to Tecate Peak from that side.

(I took it)

Can't get to Tecate Peak from that side.

Can't? :angry:

I think you mean there is no established trail. ;)

Boss says bike must go :lol:

Hey walker, you didn't do the damage when you fell going up the rocky section of the Kernan trail a few weeks ago did you? I know you said you landed on that rock...

I know how you feel. I had my ACL done back in 2001 and it was a good 6 months before I could do anything aggressive without a brace on it, and I just recently started riding after a torn Achilles tendon and surgery(the ride I met you on was my first dirt ride since September). I bet you can get the OK from the doc to ride sooner than a year if you can convince the boss... The trick with knees is the stationary bicycle - pedal for as much as time as you have. My physical therapist back in 2001 said to ride it an hour a day every day I can - it worked wonders!!! Even today, 5 years later, it gets sore and stiff when using it if I haven't been working it out on the bike like I should...

I hope it all turns out well...

Can't get to Tecate Peak from that side.

Can't? :lol:

I think you mean there is no established trail. :D

Which means YOU can't... :lol:

Actually that side isn't even preferred for hiking. The goats even stopped going that way back in '47... :lol: