EddieEarl

Father's Day Ride - Ramona/Mesa Grande/Blk Mtn/Orosco/Cheers

On Any Sunday (Craig) and I are planning to head out early to beat the heat.

It'll be Easy/Medium Fire Road & 2 track trails, but fast paced. Everybody's welcome. If you're fast - have fun keeping up with Craig. If you're slow, who cares. Come along ... we'll just meet you at the next Waypoint.

Start @ 7am: Stars in Ramona

Waypoint 1: Junction of Black Canyon & Mesa Grande

Waypoint 2: Black Mountain Overlook

Waypoint 3: Orosco Ridge

Finish around noon'ish @ Cheers in Ramona for a burger & beer ... and a hearty toast to all the Father's out there.

# of Miles: Not sure, but I'd expect less than 100 starting from Cheers. Stock tank should do it, but as always start full.

there may be a detour if I can find more info on it maybe head down Mesa Grande to Lake Henshaw I have heard there is a dirt road out there if anybody knows of it please chime in help would be appreciated.and no I'm not fast just know the trails well and we only go as fast as the slowest rider it does not matter how fast you are just come along and have fun.

Don't know of any dirt from Mesa Grande to Henshaw and would have to be private property. But it would be nice. Sounds like fun but it's flat track father's day!

good luck out there afry have fun and go by and say hi to 95 to fast tom furgeson hes a good guy wish i could get out there more.

Don't know of any dirt from Mesa Grande to Henshaw and would have to be private property. But it would be nice. Sounds like fun but it's flat track father's day!

i was talking about once u get to the bottom of mesa by the lake that there was a dirt road but it is out by warner springs so that wont be happening.

There are roads...just not open to the public. Such a bummer.

but there does look like some cool riding

past Warner Springs if time allows I would like to try to go explore

There is. I know a few of the routes pretty well. One day in the near future I'll put a ride together...maybe even an overnighter.

Id like to hit some these rides.

Fathers day getting too tight for me. Hopefully we can link some north county trails to some sd trails together.

There is. I know a few of the routes pretty well. One day in the near future I'll put a ride together...maybe even an overnighter.

I'm definitely up for an overnighter. All set up for it.

I could go if you were doing this ride Saturday. Might do something similar + some ABDSP early Saturday.

Have you seen the Temps in anza 115 no thank you

I want to join...7am a little early...but I'll really try to make it....and I'lll make a longer ride out it....I'll be on the 1150 GS and continue pavement and/or other dirt the rest of day....heat OK with me.

Wish I could make this one, dang. I've got dad duty all day Sunday because the wife is out of town. Have fun.

KTMrad, The first post mentioned Stars at 7am. Stars is on Main Street, opposit side and a little west of KMart.

no fire is out!thank god for that.we will be starting at stars around 7am we will give people time to show up and fuel up.we are not in a rush and i am shure we wont be there till about 710 to 715 and i live just down the street lol.so if anbody else wants to we will be wating.pace will not be to fast and any noob riders are more than welcome to join and if u want to keep going when we are done i think ktmrad is going to keep riding i might just go with him.if u need more info or anything u can call me (619 817 9565) or pm me.my name is craig.i hope more people can show up so lets go ride.

stars is a gas station in ramona it will be on ur right hand side coming up from the 67. 1910 main st(67) 92065 in ramona u will see cheers on ur left keep going about a 1/2 mile and will be on ur right cant miss it.

Craig, Travis, and Brian,

I had a great time and did more on my little bike, faster than I have gone in those areas before. Thank you for letting me tag along. It was a great day for me.

I appreciate the company.

Daniel

So sorry guys. I don't even go to the 1st ride I post. Lame. I let Craig & Travis know the night before - wrenched my back the day before working in the garage. I was really bummed I couldn't ride, but I was down for the count - hurt to breathe type stuff and I'm still walking around like I'm 80.

So, instead of riding that morning I took the fam' to Target / Walmart to get the kiddos a couple new bikes for the summer. When we were walking back to the truck at Target I found this dude admiring the SV650 parked right next to me. He was really hunched over and wheeling a little suitcase. He had every appearance of being homeless.

post-15780-0-43619100-1434991985_thumb.j

He starts telling me about the SV650, and how it dominated it's class so much the entire class was just eventually called the SV650 class. I was impressed to say the least.

Then, he opens up the little suitcase and pulls out a helmet, straps it on, throws his leg over the seat, starts up the bike, and rides it off. I had to pick my jaw up off the asphalt. It was one of those "won't ever forget that" type moments.

Hope you all had a Great Father's Day.

Oh yeah ... here's my little man and his new ride ... I love being a dad.

post-15780-0-66880000-1434992231_thumb.j