vxsams

New from Chula Vista

Hello everyone,

New guy here from Chula Vista. My name is John. I'm married and we have 2 girls and 1 boy.

Been riding since I was a young boy. I started on ATC's, quads and a YZ-80. REALLY miss the YZ! I've been riding street bikes since the late 80's. I recently stopped racinig an 08 GSXR 1k. I've always wanted a dual sport so I finally bought a DRZ-400S. A few weeks ago I rode the MX track off of Otay lakes Road. That brought back some awesome memories! Last Sunday I rode Corral Canyon for a few hours and met a few people. Met 2 guys on quads and followed them around for a while. One of them hit a rock and almost flew off a mountain. Lucky for him the brush was thick and acted as a cushion. So far 2 rides and both where fun and eventful!

Looking forward to joining some group rides and getting some good video.

Chula in the house!

Welcome, John.

You are in the right place, Try riding with Bikeslut this weekend he always puts on a great noob ride.

I know for a fact that the DRZ is a robust machine, because Bikeslut has tried his best to kill his and it keeps running against all odds.

Welcome to the group, see you on the trail.

I am a "maybe" for the 350thumper ride... I may do an early real dirt ride instead. vxsams- welcome to the club... are you a gynecologist?

Thanks everyone.

I am a "maybe" for the 350thumper ride... I may do an early real dirt ride instead. vxsams- welcome to the club... are you a gynecologist?

Nope what gives you that impression :)

Welcome. I am pretty new to the site myself, and like you, had a long break from dirt riding as a kid, but I am back. I have found this group of guys to be an excellent resource for everything from riding ideas to getting GPS tracks to tire advice. I am sure you'll get your money's worth.

Thanks everyone.

Oh, I don't know... " V exams"...maybe I'm just immature... not maybe

Welcome to the forum don't worry obout BS he's funny like that.

hope to see u out there soon. I think there is some good riding down in Chula not sure I think someone will chime in if not just post a question

Thanks everyone.

Oh, I don't know... " V exams"...maybe I'm just immature... not maybe
Oooohhh hahaha! vxs and ams are the initials of my two oldest kids. Adding my youngest initials would make for a long user name.