Ride-Orange

New Year's Weekend @ Superstition (The Dip)

EDIT 12.27.2007 - PLANS HAVE CHANGED, SEE BELOW...

I've talked with a couple of people here about a trip to The Dip for New Year's weekend, here are some details and ideas. Please post some feedback on wether you can come camp or visit or whatever... :D EVERYBODY is welcome! :D

The Dip is located about a mile North of Wheeler Rd. (the "normal" turn-off into Superstition) on the West side of Huff Rd. We'll be heading down there Friday or Saturday afternoon (most likely Friday), camping in the same general locatation as last year (when we lost papaalex on the way back from the Blu Inn :D ), and staying through New Years Day. There is a car race (MDR Link) on New Year's Eve day. and last year we headed to the tressles to watch the action - it was a blast!

I would like to make a run to the Blu Inn and maybe visit some other folks who are camping at O.W., but my back and shoulder are still a little tweaked :D , so I'll play it by ear a bit. There will be plenty of partying and bench racing though, so chime-in! :D .

Maybe the boys and I will head out the 31st... do a little riding and a little car watchin'... I'll keep in contact.

Fly that orange flag so i don't barge in on the wrong campsite!

I'd love to head out with the family, not sure if it's going to happen though. Maybe I'll take my son out for a day ride or overnighter if I can't get everyone else on board with the plan.

I've talked with a couple of people here about a trip to The Dip for New Year's weekend, here are some details and ideas. Please post some feedback on wether you can come camp or visit or whatever... :D EVERYBODY is welcome! :D

The Dip is located about a mile North of Wheeler Rd. (the "normal" turn-off into Superstition) on the West side of Huff Rd. We'll be heading down there Friday or Saturday afternoon (most likely Friday), camping in the same general locatation as last year (when we lost papaalex on the way back from the Blu Inn :D ), and staying through New Years Day. There is a car race (MDR Link) on New Year's Eve day. and last year we headed to the tressles to watch the action - it was a blast!

I would like to make a run to the Blu Inn and maybe visit some other folks who are camping at O.W., but my back and shoulder are still a little tweaked :D , so I'll play it by ear a bit. There will be plenty of partying and bench racing though, so chime-in! :D .

I'll be out there late Saturday or early Sunday with my gal-pal, her son, one of my daughters, and her BF......they'll be sharing time on my two quads while Daddy pimps around on the bike......we'll be staying through the 1st......I'm not very familiar with the area since I've only ridden through it on a couple of "Dash Rides" ........we're camping with another family who go out there once in a while so they know their way around.......figured we oughta check out a new location for camping/riding........couldn't tell you where he'll be setting us up but I'd imagine it can't be too far away from "The Dip" :D:D:D .......you have my number and I have yours......I won't be able to break away from the family for any extended rides but perhaps we'll be able to B.S. a bit and throw back a cold one :D

Here's a snapshot of my rig.....it's a few years old.......YZ dirtbikes/quads have been replaced by KTM bikes and Suzuki quads but the Toybox/Truck remain unchanged.....blue Dodge 2500 (license plate CRAWDDY) and white Layton Rampage Toybox with green stripe on side/checkered awning)

DaddysToybox.jpg

LTZsinGlamis.jpg

Look for the two "Crawdad Racing" LTZ's out in front of the Toybox :lol: :

CrawdadRacingLTZs.jpg

Maybe the boys and I will head out the 31st... do a little riding and a little car watchin'... I'll keep in contact.

If you got room in the trailer let me know. Don't pull it just for me though... :D

R.O., My plan is to come out & visit you, if not camp, to ride in the area to explore the GPS tracks you gave me from D38 racing, to see if we can use some of those trails on the Desert Dash as difficult options.

I will not be coming out until probably Sunday, and not sure if I'll be camping at Agua Caliente with the Airhead BMW Moto club or not.

Will let you know what my plans are.

The Unknown Prez :D

Hey R-O, you probably saw Mickey and I are camping at Ocotillo Wells until Sunday afternoon. We're leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning and putting some miles on the bikes. We may have to swing by Saturday or Sunday and throw a hello your way. We were going to take a long ride down to Plaster City via Superstition one of the days. Mickey wants to see if we can make it all the way to the border from Plaster City. If the timing works out, I'll plug in the GPS coordinates and see if we can find you guys.

Have a great weekend!!!

I'm going to try to make it out to Superstition with my son once again before going back to work on New Year's Day. We'll mostly be riding in circles close to the staging area so we'll try to stop by your campsite to say hello. How do I recognize your campsite?

I’ll try to be out in the area on Sunday. Should be staying with my jeep club :huh: but will try to swing by. Watching the races would be nice. :)

If you got room in the trailer let me know. Don't pull it just for me though... :huh:

I do have room... call me to determine a time... I may be on the 200, since i got a flat on my DRZ, and won't have time/tube to change it

I went to Ocotillo Wells on X-mas. Perhaps I'll be out Superstition way on New Years day. :huh:

I do have room... call me to determine a time... I may be on the 200, since i got a flat on my DRZ, and won't have time/tube to change it

The time is your call... if you got room bring the DRZ. I can pick up a tube near my house. I can change it on the way... :huh:

Craig- PM sent

Thanks for the offer, but I'll ride the 200- since the boys are going any way, the tw will be fine... in fact, it's better in deep sand, at a slow pace

...the tw will be fine... in fact, it's better in deep sand, at a slow pace

So then I'll be riding the TW and you'll take my DRZ then? :huh:

:)

If you're not in a rush, it's not bad... and short enough that you can save it when you wash out the front end... and if you don't, it's so close to the ground, it doesn't hurt :huh:

yeah; the tw will be there if you'd like.

just so we're clear... Monday, right? I see some people are referring to Sunday, or other days.

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Here's the deal today. Several SDAR are looking to come out and ride, but on different days. The "groups" we were planning to camp with have either dissolved or moved to Ocotillo Wells with the REST of the ZOO! :lol: Which leaves us a virtual solo act at The Dip for the weekend :huh:

Here's the change - We'll be hauling the rig down to Plaster City West for the OTB race next weekend (probably leaving Thursday afternoon the 3rd), but I still have a major hankerin' to do a day trip this weekend. I'm pretty sure this post will leave this entire thread in the same condition as the proverbial HEADLESS CHICKEN so here's what I suggest:

Rad was looking to hook-up on Sunday at Superstition and look for DD "Hard Way" options through that area; my friend Mark is looking to be giuded on the route from OW to Superstition/Plaster with a group of folks camping there; the boys are looking to get a little riding in this weekend, so...

Meet at the Blu Inn Monday morning and ride to Superstition via Plaster City, check out some MDR race action along the way, map some routes at Superstition, return to the trucks Monday afternoon, pack-up & go home...

Sorry for the confusion :)

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Meet at the Blu Inn Monday morning and ride to Superstition via Plaster City, check out some MDR race action along the way, map some routes at Superstition, return to the trucks Monday afternoon, pack-up & go home...

Sorry for the confusion :huh:

At this point, I'm not committing to Monday at the Blue Inn (maybe yes, maybe no...don't want anyone waiting for me). I'm going to be out there somewhere for the weekend, and don't know if I'll be making it to the Blue Inn on Monday. So, PM me for my cell phone number if you're going to be in the area . I'm only looking for about 2 - 4 maximum, experienced riders to explore the tough trails around Superstition. And if need be, I'll be exploring them myself, which is always fun too !!

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Here's the deal today. Several SDAR are looking to come out and ride, but on different days. The "groups" we were planning to camp with have either dissolved or moved to Ocotillo Wells with the REST of the ZOO! :lol: Which leaves us a virtual solo act at The Dip for the weekend :huh:

Here's the change - We'll be hauling the rig down to Plaster City West for the OTB race next weekend (probably leaving Thursday afternoon the 3rd), but I still have a major hankerin' to do a day trip this weekend. I'm pretty sure this post will leave this entire thread in the same condition as the proverbial HEADLESS CHICKEN so here's what I suggest:

Rad was looking to hook-up on Sunday at Superstition and look for DD "Hard Way" options through that area; my friend Mark is looking to be giuded on the route from OW to Superstition/Plaster with a group of folks camping there; the boys are looking to get a little riding in this weekend, so...

Sorry for the confusion :(

Hey R.O.......you're welcome to join forces/camp with us but we won't be heading out til late Sat. afternoon/early evening.......you have the GPS waypoint of Dave's camping spot from my earlier post.....

Alternatively, give me a holler on my cell if you, or you and others, will be riding anywhere near my camp on Sunday/Monday while checking out possible DD HW tracks......or give me ring sometime Monday as your Blu Inn ride develops with a general ball park/(Sears repairman) timeframe to expect you/others AT my camp for a cold one :):(:lol: .....or maybe I'll meet you folks over at the tressle to take in the races for a bit.......of course all this is dependent on your cell/my cell reception out in BFE which may be NFG anyway :o:)

So maybe I'll hear from ya/see ya......and maybe I won't.......regardless, Happy New Year to all.....

...or give me ring sometime Monday as your Blu Inn ride develops with a general ball park/(Sears repairman) timeframe to expect you/others ATmy camp for a cold one :lol::huh::)

Will Do Chris, thanks for the offer! I've got your numbers logged and I'll track you down.

OK then... well, I'll be taking the boys to one or the other at any rate...

Craig; if you're still joining, you can make the call on which location... If we go to OW, we'll just tool around there, and meet you at the truck after your exploits at Superstition...

If we go to Superstition, we'll just hang around there... really makes little difference as far as the drive goes.

Rob/Chris... a PM of cell numbers would be appreciated...

Crawdaddy, I'll give you a call, since it sounds like you'll be easy to hook up with for the weekend. Talk to you later.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Cristina and I will be rideing there this weekend 2 up on the 650l. we have no agenda, just want to ride, camp and PARTY!

We plan to leave Carlsbad around 8 saturday morning and hang out in the des. till 2 Sunday afternoon.

We may get to stay till tuesday, if she doesent get called into work. ;)

Craig.

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

Here's the deal today. Several SDAR are looking to come out and ride, but on different days. The "groups" we were planning to camp with have either dissolved or moved to Ocotillo Wells with the REST of the ZOO! ;) Which leaves us a virtual solo act at The Dip for the weekend ;)

Sorry for the confusion :(

No prob. Have fun. I gotta work. I still plan to ride on Tuesday....somewhere.

I think I'll still head out to Superstition with my son, probably on Monday and possibly stay the night until Tuesday if the weather permits. If anyone is planning on making it let me know and we can group up.