tvscum

Missing hiker between Anza and Warner Springs

White guy, age 28, mustache and goatee. He was hiking alone. I have no connection but know some of us ride along that route. Keep in mind he would have been hiking that area almost two weeks ago. Search continues up there today. They are trying to beat the incoming rain storm.

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/press/Default.aspx?FileLink=3d3cfe6d-7dff-4cac-9119-31e4a4a003bb

After reading the Sheriff report; He made the trip to the highway near Warners and met with some foul play. Either a big cat or a Bad cat.

Took him four days to hike from Anza to Warner Springs on PCT? I'm no hiker but that's a days hike maaaaybe two.

He left his gear (which appeared brand new) on the trail?? Maybe to climb a peak for cell service? Hmmm. Guess he could have fallen or been attacked by a cat or snake. Seems bad guys would have taken his gear.

My buddy was just telling me how awesome the BP trackers are. If they can't find him, he's probably not there. Plus they should have a record of his phone activity.

solo...= mistake...solo with no spot big mistake..solo with no satcom nogo....solo in wilderness without packing heat mistake....over confidence big mistake.

hope the guy shows up somewhere. Always think why would someone jettison all their gear.... if in dire straights leave a crumb trail at least (some items) or the old Boy scout stick arrow trick.. does not sound good after all this time for this guy.

PS reminds mewhatever happened with that other case of the guy leaving his truck in Anza Borrego never to be seen again???anyone?

Doug's step son Mickey never was found. Strange indeed. Mickey wasn't the sharpest tool but he was a tough kid.

Saw this other guy on the news last night. No signs of him? Seems strange.

+1 on packing heat going solo.

+1 on packing heat going solo.

Unless you're Vic.

In which case you just bring Vic.