I'm assuming since this is a campground that they have bathrooms and showers. Yes?

yep

FYI, I camped there (and other spots along the S2) this week in an old truck-camper (dry style) to do some hiking in the desert. Butterfield is a beautiful rustic campground with 5-6 nice overflow CIRCLES (wagon train style - each can hold about 6-8 rigs) out back behind the primary multitude of rows of hook-up spots that will become the SDAR city tonight (the circles are tent style or sleep in truck style a couple hundred yards behind the primary area). The circles might be the quiet zone, yet it might also support the late night "arrive late-lay in bed of truck- and get to sleep" needs. If you can shower/potty self contained, consider it as a good back-up plan as my guess is that the lines for the campground facilities could become quite long at crunch times??. A quick trip home last night and turnaround this morning to pick up trailer with bike for next adventure with SDAR. cheers

There are bathrooms, showers, a pool, hot tub, and gas grill not too far from the circles, just look for the palm trees.

If anybody needs a place to sleep I will have my trailer out there Saturday morning and night shower bathroom just come say hi my name is Craig

Well, after getting myself all hyped for this ride, fate had other plans for me. I felt my clutch slipping out in the dez last weekend and it was bad enough that I decided to order new plates and springs. They promised it by Thursday but it didn't show up until Friday. I had all my gear and everything ready to go so I could just slap in the new clutch and roll. Had the new clutch in by about 3:30 and I fired it up for a quick op test and it did the same thing and got progressively worse so I decided to check the slave cylinder (dirt bikes should never have hydraulic clutches!) and sure enough, there was fluid blowing by the o-ring and diaphragm. I tried to convince it to act right and bled it but it was toast so at about 10:30pm I gave up and decided to try and get an o-ring or rebuild kit this morning and just show up late. After spending the majority of the day searching the greater San Diego area for ANYTHING remotely related to a KTM clutch part I decided to concede the fight and just ordered the parts.

So the short of it is that my Desert Dash was over before it ever started. I pre-registered so I'm not sure if refunds are offered or entertained. Either way it's a huge kick in the junk! I had to use all my wife credits to get a hall pass for this ride since her and the kid are in Phoenix for a BMX National that I would have otherwise been at and she wasn't super stoked about me missing that to begin with. Now I get to tell her I spent $115 on a ride I couldn't even show up for. :axehead:

Bummer to hear about the last minute mechanical gremlins. I think you can pull the slave cylinder apart and replace the o-ring with a similar one from Home Depot or any hardware store. It worked for me once. I have an assorted o-ring set at home that has saved my bacon a few times.

FastRich, I feel your pain.

I too was planning on riding the dash this year but things added up against that happening for me.

Hopefully your wife will understand and cut you some slack.

They worked out fine Bob,, thanks for hanging out and being part of the Friday night festivities!

Thanks for all the food, equipment and cooking, Tracy...work on your basketball skills and replace that broken spoon