I just got back from a much needed R&R trip to Nepal.
10 days of riding new exotic locations.
Pretty tired and still jet lagged, so will be updating this page with photos and videos once i get a chance.

This is Nepal on the world map:

nepal.jpg

After a grueling 18-24 some hours of flight/transit time, my brother and I landed in Kathmandu (the capital city) where we stayed with family for 1st 2 days. My dad had 250 crossfire's, crf 250L and a ducati 800 hyperstrada lined up for our arrival.

We rode many of the local trails as well as the tourist spots during that time to get acclimated to the new environment and bikes.

We then headed to Pokhara (popular lake town) and on towards Jomsom (Mustang).

jomsom_map.jpg

For now, here is a teaser:

Crossing a waterfall on the way to Jomsom.

10423884_810947305614629_613083617405286

More to come ...

I think I saw that waterfall on another video - where a guy lost his (DR650?) almost over the edge. Ballsy.

Can't wait for the full RR.

Looking forward to your photos.

I spent several months in Nepal in 1991 while on Sabbatical studying Tantric Buddhism and Nepalese Hinduism (I am a philosophy professor specializing in Asian philosophy). I was able to rent a British Enfield at the time in order to do some exploring. Easy way to get around at the time. Made my way to the base of Mount Everest on the bike. Looks like things have developed for the bike touring crowd. Interested in seeing how things have changed since then.

Zenosan

I think I saw that waterfall on another video - where a guy lost his (DR650?) almost over the edge. Ballsy.

Can't wait for the full RR.

I haven't seen the video, but that waterfall crossing is pretty gnarly the first time.

Once you do it, it's not so bad (but you absolutely do not want your engine to shut off in the middle haha).

Zenosan, the remote areas are still unchanged, but kathmandu has changed alot since 1991.

Buildings, traffic and people galore.

I've met many people that come to Nepal to study Buddhism, Hinduism as well learn the traditional musical instruments from gurus.

We did come across an Enfield (Bullet) group going up to Jomsom on our return (i wonder how their trip went as the some sections were pretty gnarly).

Still going through photos and videos and hope to put them up soon!

Katmandu development is to be expected but dissapointing,

I was there in the fall months so raging runoff streams were not a problem for me. I was based in India for the year so had lots of experience with the Enfield Bullit. After WWII and independence the Indian Govt basically bought it from the British and made it their primary vehicle. They were everywhere. They were used by most people for just about everything. You would regularly see whole families on one. Husband, wife, several kids. I bought one for my stay in India but flew up to Nepal for a three months visit so I had to use a rental. Parts and service were available in most places. They were not really that bad in negotiating primitive roads and trails with the appropriate tires.

Looking forward to what you have.