630 start; lots of fun trails...it got hot...xr650L noob, Chad, ken's, Ty, Blake; good riding...found a new trail (thanks Ty for the bailout)...good pace, minimal stops

post-122-0-81093600-1407710261_thumb.jpg

630 start; lots of fun trails...it got hot...xr650L noob, Chad, ken's, Ty, Blake; good riding...found a new trail (thanks Ty for the bailout)...good pace, minimal stops

If only I looked that good the whole ride!! Bikeslut missed the one where I was flat on my back or the one with my ass in a cactus (thanks Ty, a good riding buddy knows no bounds)!!

That was definitely one of the better rides. Of course it was the riding buddies that made it so awesome. Thanks guys

After are second loop I rode with Nantista and crew. Thank you guys for letting me tag along even though all I saw was dust... in the distance.

Bikeslut and Blake: Anytime

the boys were on fibre today. the TE300 was really a hero bike considering time out of saddle,

Great ride for the short time I lasted... To quote Slut... It got hot!

I arrived a little late due to an alarm issue and stopping to assist with a minor accident on the freeway. I arrived and the group was already underway, so I got out for a solo ride, about 7:30. Wasn't horrible, but was getting warm quickly.

Circled back to the Oak and found the crew there. On the second run out with the group, my body overheated pretty quickly and I was down. Thanks to the crew for holding up while I cooled down. (I really never quite got to "cool".) Tremendous thanks to Bike Slut for following me while I limped back to the oak and making sure I got there!

Still, a bad day riding is better than. . .

Good to ride with Slut, Ahmed, and Kenny again... Good first ride with Blake and Ty. Look forward to riding with you guys again!

Safe Rides!

Suggestion from experience dress for the heat, have a set of hot weather gear, Fly kinetic mesh, Moose Sahara, KLIM mesh, etc, good socks for heat like moose brand, lite color boots, lite color helmet, ----less Dark more Lite. travel lite on short trail rides.

plenty of water+electrolytes!! Not just water.

Additional wet scarf, or wet vest type items are xtra good as well, also open mesh tee with chest protector under the jersey or chest protector on skin under jersey to give a good air gap/flow.

Additional- a waist belt water system for these short zone trail rides, allows for good back cooling as well. Glad y'all had a good one.

Suggestion from experience dress for the heat, have a set of hot weather gear, Fly kinetic mesh, Moose Sahara, KLIM mesh, etc, good socks for heat like moose brand, lite color boots, lite color helmet, ----less Dark more Lite. travel lite on short trail rides.

plenty of water+electrolytes!! Not just water.

Additional wet scarf, or wet vest type items are xtra good as well, also open mesh tee with chest protector under the jersey or chest protector on skin under jersey to give a good air gap/flow.

Additional- a waist belt water system for these short zone trail rides, allows for good back cooling as well. Glad y'all had a good one.

Roger that! Great tips, thanks! I did carry one of those little blue cooling towels I picked up from Home Depot. Was potentially a life-saver... Nice little thing to have to help cool down on brief stops (or when you're maxed and laying under a manzanita trying to find any bit of shade you can!). Wet it, throw it in a zip-loc, and put it in an easily accessible pocket... Can't beat it!

Chad tie or better clip (safer) the thing on, leave around your neck, its surprising how much that cool ring around your neck does (cools blood to head). My thing is a discontinued product from 661 its a velcro closed collar with those baby diaper water absorbing pellets in it, the thing is great, but they stopped making it. I think I saw a similar device in a fire fighters catalog. Also if gets real bad you can waste some of your drinking water on your jersey for evaporative cooling.

PS we were there as well, it was a good day on the trail, only saw 3 other guys out there on the north end . they were same direction riders that we passed by safely. Rode with Rev5 after he split from your group, he tested out well (hahahaa)

We (I) did your above rock fotos 2x (on 2 different loops) riding up from the field side "special test" side angle then down the face , that monolith is always a fun part of the trail system, it makes for cool fotos as well.

Walmart- http://www.walmart.com/ip/Grabber-Magic-Cool-Cooling-Bandana-Khaki/15935557

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Ergodyne-Chill-Its-6700CT-Evaporative-Cooling/dp/B005H58TKG

Columbia - http://www.columbia.com/Freezer-Zero-Bandana/CU9499,default,pd.html

Lowes - http://www.lowes.com/pd_458086-49433-103166_0__?productId=4751323

There are many variations out there, also note, they do not work if it is humid. Only dry hot air and do not freeze them or even refrigerate, just dunk in water, let sit for a while and then use.

I'm susceptible to heat-related issues, especially since my heat stroke. I'm usually better off following rather than leading...don't wear armor for the most part...drink plenty of liquids, and dress in light colors

http://www.btosports.com/p/ASTARCOOLV

looks good its an A-Stars product. Im unfamiliar with this.

I have one of these see below, I rarely use it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TECHNICHE-HYPERKEWL-DELUXE-EVAPORATIVE-COOLING-VEST-MOTORCYCLE-SPORTS-RIDING-/280835024540

I use my 6-6-1 cooling collar alot, it works great.(mines youth size, all that was available at the time)

http://210.48.94.172/~usprocur/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=262

xr650lnoob needs a cooling system, he won't admit it, but he is thermally challenged. I think he is going through MENopause.

PS we were there as well, it was a good day on the trail, only saw 3 other guys out there on the north end . they were same direction riders that we passed by safely. Rode with Rev5 after he split from your group, he tested out well (hahahaa)

We (I) did your above rock fotos 2x (on 2 different loops) riding up from the field side "special test" side angle then down the face , that monolith is always a fun part of the trail system, it makes for cool fotos as well.

Robert, wanted to say Hi when Ty led us to your camp, but i was hot, out of water and didn't have the mental capacity to stop.

Glad you are back out and had a good ride.

Hope to see you out there again.

Bob, Ty, Blake, Chad, and Ken, thanks for a great ride.

We will have to do this again (especially the silty way back up :))

xr650lnoob needs a cooling system, he won't admit it, but he is thermally challenged. I think he is going through MENopause.

And looking back, i used to wear sportbike leathers when i started riding the xrl even in summer and still did just fine.

I remember that Ahmed; you showing up after Pyroing out to Corral on your XR, starting @ 40 degrees, riding all day up to 90, then riding the bike home...now; you take your fancy Euro bike, load it on a fancy trailer, and pull it from the comfort of your ritzy sedan...old and soft

Bikeslut you shop at Bed Bath & Beyond? Do you get your scented bubble bath stuff there too?

:torch: