Tree

D38 race SDAR support

A group of us (Ken, Rob, and Myself) helped man a check point at a d38 race in October. Well the group I belong to (OTB, over-the-belt) is running the first race of the 2008 season on 1/6/08. Does anyone from the SDAR group want to help man a check for it? I've already volunteered myself but it would b cool to get some more help. There is also a Poker run on Sat 1/5. It will be held at Plaster City West. I'll provide the link for the flier as soon as they post it to their web site.

I will try and work it in. I have almost all the sand out of my ears already. It was fun, the only down side was that (in all my years I have never had to say this) it was not good beer drinking weather. :) Ken

I will try and work it in. I have almost all the sand out of my ears already. It was fun, the only down side was that (in all my years I have never had to say this) it was not good beer drinking weather. :) Ken

Well, I know it was hot that weekend and that's good beer weather(or so I'm told, since I don't drink beer) so I am going to have to guess that it was too windy (thus sandy) for drinking beer on that weekend :) So it's location, location, location. The weather was right, but the sand was not :D:D

Well, I know it was hot that weekend and that's good beer weather(or so I'm told, since I don't drink beer) so I am going to have to guess that it was too windy (thus sandy) for drinking beer on that weekend :) So it's location, location, location. The weather was right, but the sand was not :D:D

You got it. It was the Sunday the fires started and our checkpoint was on top of a sand dune. :D Ken

...first race of the 2008 season on 1/6/08. Does anyone from the SDAR group want to help man a check for it?

Interested... but too far out to commit 100% yet. Keep us posted. Thanks.

A group of us (Ken, Rob, and Myself) helped man a check point at a d38 race in October. Well the group I belong to (OTB, over-the-belt) is running the first race of the 2008 season on 1/6/08. Does anyone from the SDAR group want to help man a check for it? I've already volunteered myself but it would b cool to get some more help. There is also a Poker run on Sat 1/5. It will be held at Plaster City West. I'll provide the link for the flier as soon as they post it to their web site.

Why; Yes... yes, I do... post specifics, please, and we'll go from there...

I will help man a check post. <_<

the flyer should come out mid month after they confirm all the sponsors. But as far as the details the course route is set. It will start at Plaster city west (pit/start area) and head out from there. The actual race will be sunday 1/6 and shouldconsist of four 25mile loops. There will also be a poker run on Saturday for anyone intrested $10 a hand and it will be about 12 miles. <_<

I'm all about manning a check post due to this nagging shoulder injury (I know, I know... excuses, excuses... :rolleyes: )

Maybe a good dualsport ride after the last rider passes through? And just when is it not a good time to drink beer Ken? Ive never experienced that kind of weather. :rolleyes: Im in.

The club would sure appreciate the Adv. Riders help. Rob, Tree and a few others worked check 1 at our last race and endured some brutal conditions to make sure all of the racers got their fender marks. You're still not off the hook for not drinking beer though. :rolleyes:

race5.jpg

I promise this time will be in a better location and hopefully less windy. The race should be over by one o'clock.

We're also having a poker run as mentioned earlier. Its an easy 12 mile loop I think everyone will enjoy.

OTB will be more than happy to return the favor at y'all's Desert Dash coming up. I'm working with Rob and Randy to figure something out.

You're still not off the hook for not drinking beer though. :D

I didn't say I didn't drink any beer B) , I just said it was not good beer drinking weather. :D If you like your beer crunchy it was probably perfect weather. :lol::lol: Ken

Oh ok I misunderstood you Ken. Thanks again for your help at the checkpoint, I can imagine what three straight hours of literal sandblasting must have been like!

As for the crunchy beer, don't worry, it sharpens your teeth.

Ok we are about a week away now. As of now Myself and Ride-orange are camping down there. I plan to head down on Thursday afternoon. Who else is in? Carguy, Joliet, bikeslut, metal twister? and when do you plan to be there? It looks like we are manning check one so we get the head to head battles at the start and get to finish first Yeah.

Ok we are about a week away now. As of now Myself and Ride-orange are camping down there. I plan to head down on Thursday afternoon. Who else is in? Carguy, Joliet, bikeslut, metal twister? and when do you plan to be there? It looks like we are manning check one so we get the head to head battles at the start and get to finish first Yeah.

I am still out of state, but I plan on being there if everything is ok at the homestead when I get back. ;) Ken

Be down there Sunday am, what time do we need to be there? Are you camping by the dip?

This race is at Plaster city west. I'll be down there thusday night. Should be there around 7:30am. the race starts at 10am. just look for the signs we'll be at the OTB area. :D

I havn't decided if I am camping or not yet. I will either see you out there Sat. morning or Sunday morning. Ken

Hello Adventure Riders!

I'm having a workers meeting Sunday morning at 0830 at the signup trailer. That ought to be an early enough arrival time.

Hopefully we'll have picked a more wind-protected spot for Check 1. Knowing my knack for bad luck however, you guys could be standing in the middle of a river by then! (Just kidding, I think you are on a high spot.)

Once again, OTB thanks you greatly, we couldn't do it without you!

John 79

Hopefully we'll have picked a more wind-protected spot for Check 1. Knowing my knack for bad luck however, you guys could be standing in the middle of a river by then! (Just kidding, I think you are on a high spot.)

John 79

I'll have you know that I just turned-down Charger playoff tickets for Sunday in favor of coming out to play with my pals at OTB & SDAR- SO WE BETTER NOT BE IN THE RIVER!!! :D

Guys, sorry but I am not going to make it this morning. I have been up for a couple of hours getting ready to go but I am hitting too many roadblocks this morning. I think some one must be trying to tell me something. The kicker was when I got to my shop to load my bike and I somehow left my keys in another jacket. I managed to get back into the house with no keys at 5am in the rain but not before I woke the dog which woke the wife, ect. I may even head back to bed for another hour of sleep once the wife dozes off... Ken