One of our crew swears by them (Fastway pegs), the orange Kato version.....as for me OEM is more than good and OEM ones are sort of sacrificial as your slam stuff with them.

If you want more grip, do as I do, sharpen the spikes, down side to that, it beats up on your boot soles.

It's more than grip- for me it's leverage and surface area. On the big bike- these long pegs are terrific- far easier to steer with my feet.

I have the wider, but same length, Fastway pegs on the 5hunjy, but still scrape them often on singletrack.

Plus with the ZipTy huge extended pegs you can use them over a fire to grill 16oz T bones as well.

Xr650lnoob has the zipty jumbo BBQ grill pegs, or something similar, that came on his bike. Yes they're big, but I must assume they give you a much better feel of things i.e., control and comfort (for a long haul ride).

P.s., I have no complaints about my stock pegs. I guess if I were racing and had sponsors I would bling out my bike pegs and get boot replacements for free. But that ain't my story.

Here's the other thing: Ever hear of a Morton's Neuroma?

I certainly have. It's a particularly nasty nerve damage issue in feet, often from high-heels, but in my case from bicycling- lollypop pedals, even with carbon soles. After a series of not-so-fun injections, they finally had to go in and cut the nerve in my foot.

Neuromas are often caused and irritated by lots of pressure on the ball of the foot.

I really, really don't want another one...

I certainly have. It's a particularly nasty nerve damage issue in feet, often from high-heels, but in my case from bicycling- lollypop pedals, even with carbon soles. After a series of not-so-fun injections, they finally had to go in and cut the nerve in my foot.

Neuromas are often caused and irritated by lots of pressure on the ball of the foot.

Just stop wearing high heels on your motorcycle, problem fixed and money saved.

Not an option.

liketiny.png

Luke- they make his calves look sexy....as for stock pegs. Real dirtbikes, and the better DS bikes may come with decent pegs, but budget bikes do NOT! KLRs, XRLs, DRZs, etc come with crap...small, soft, cheap crap...I got a smokin' deal on some IMS pegs (thanks goofy...oops...did we agree not to ever speak of it again?) and these are much better on the feet, grips better with mud and water, and look better to boot (ha)

I have Pivot Pegz on my 300XCW......the wider width is nice.....I don't really notice the pivot action much while riding but I think that's the point......relief from fatigue without a notable difference in feel

http://www.amazon.com/Pivot-Pegz-Mark-PP-43MK3/dp/B005UGI98O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YZYBRCZFGMT0QN2SCHW

Luke- they make his calves look sexy....as for stock pegs. Real dirtbikes, and the better DS bikes may come with decent pegs, but budget bikes do NOT! KLRs, XRLs, DRZs, etc come with crap...small, soft, cheap crap...I got a smokin' deal on some IMS pegs (thanks goofy...oops...did we agree not to ever speak of it again?) and these are much better on the feet, grips better with mud and water, and look better to boot (ha)

Tru dat, my Husky equipment suits me fine. I'm not saying there isn't something better, but yeah some other bike brand parts are well, no good.

On that note, it might seem odd to put on $250 pegs on a budget bike, right? It's like the guy with the cell phone that's more expensive than his car.

$250 is a bit extreme, but I think the IMS and some other oversized pegs run $100 or less. And I do think they are worth it...I think that's kind of the deal with DRZs and other bikes of that ilk; you "customize" them one step at a time- either to repair breaks, or upgrade, etc. barkbusters, levers, signals, pegs, seat, tank, bars, headlights...one thing at a time until your bike is unlike any other bike out there...it may be an overweight, underpowered slug, but it's MY overweight, underpowered slug!

.it may be an overweight, underpowered slug, but it's MY overweight, underpowered slug!

If my bikes could talk, they'd say this about me.

$250 is a bit extreme, but I think the IMS and some other oversized pegs run $100 or less. And I do think they are worth it...I think that's kind of the deal with DRZs and other bikes of that ilk; you "customize" them one step at a time- either to repair breaks, or upgrade, etc. barkbusters, levers, signals, pegs, seat, tank, bars, headlights...one thing at a time until your bike is unlike any other bike out there...it may be an overweight, underpowered slug, but it's MY overweight, underpowered slug!

Bob put whatever you like on your bike or leave it alone, but if you did this to your wheels, I would say you have a badass bike.

post-15129-0-59097200-1402349154_thumb.j

I have Pivot Pegz on my 300XCW......the wider width is nice.....I don't really notice the pivot action much while riding but I think that's the point......relief from fatigue without a notable difference in feel

http://www.amazon.com/Pivot-Pegz-Mark-PP-43MK3/dp/B005UGI98O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YZYBRCZFGMT0QN2SCHW

I also have the pivot pegz on both of my DS. I love them. You would think that you would notice the pivoting action, but no. It is nice in bumpy, whooped sections the feet stay in full flat contact with the pegs. The other advantage is you can reverse the left and right and drop the peg position a little. This helps if you are a taller person.