paulmbowers

Sunday, June 1, 2014, 0700: Big N00bs and Bikes Ride

Lurking….maybe I'll try the first bit, and see how I feel??

Miriam, You will do fine. Go for it!!!

Miriam, You will do fine. Go for it!!!

If I can get padding over my knee in any sort of comfortable way, I will go and make you proud, Thumper!!

Adrenaline is a great pain killer.

Well damn...now it looks like I am going to be out of town. One of these days I'll have some free time!

Gonna have to catch you guys on the next one.

BMW is sold pending funds so no ride for me this weekend. Have fun!

You have two other bikes.

pass denied.

Excellent, congrats Mr Vacman! Now it's time to sell that puny lil 565 and step up to a 640 Adventure! It's the perfect for this Sunday's ride (well Any ride really...). Really. It's been said that once riders throw a leg over the legendary 640A, an uncontrollable sense of euphoria overwhelms them and the first twist of the throttle on the mighty LC4 instantly leads them on a lifetime of eternal bliss.

That's funny... I thought that was just their a$$es going numb from the vibes?!

...... Just joking, 640's a great bike! I used to have an SXC back in the day.

Excellent, congrats Mr Vacman! Now it's time to sell that puny lil 565 and step up to a 640 Adventure! It's the perfect for this Sunday's ride (well Any ride really...). Really. It's been said that once riders throw a leg over the legendary 640A, an uncontrollable sense of euphoria overwhelms them and the first twist of the throttle on the mighty LC4 instantly leads them on a lifetime of eternal bliss.
like I said via text you sure are good at trying to spend my money. Haha. No 640 in my future. Next bike will be a twin capable of dirt duty...

I'm out. I got a headlight bolt missing and none in stock around town. Ordered but won't be here in time. Dammit!!

I'm out. I got a headlight bolt missing and none in stock around town. Ordered but won't be here in time. Dammit!!

there's a joke in there somewhere

Bolts are pretty generic. Dixieline always seems to have a good selection of metric stuff. Even if you have to shim it a little, it'll prolly do.

Might have a change of plans....

45% in...

Joke's on you-I just learned how to use the thingy thing to measure the thready things and found the bolty-bolt I need!! Yay spare metric bolt drawer in the shop!!! Tomorrow I'm gonna gear up bright n early and see if I can putter around comfortably. Fingers crossed :coolio:

Joke's on you-I just learned how to use the thingy thing to measure the thready things and found the bolty-bolt I need!! Yay spare metric bolt drawer in the shop!!! Tomorrow I'm gonna gear up bright n early and see if I can putter around comfortably. Fingers crossed :coolio:

That's GREAT!!!!

I find this Tusk 180 piece bolt kit from RMATV to be great when I need a random bolt/washer for the bike: http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/988/16415/Tusk-180-Piece-Metric-Motorcycle-Bolt-Kit?term=tusk%20bolt%20kit

Uhhh... the ride is tomorrow....

Revised:I should have quoted ThumperBob...

Uhhh... the ride is tomorrow....

she was doing a trial run to see if the knee stood up to the torture of Old Highway 80 from Lake Jennings to Tavern Road

If a guy wanted a hearty breakfast in Alpine before this ride, where would be the hot spot?

In the same parking lot is a Greek/American Grill; good prices, decent food. There is also a flapjack place in the same lot and obviously, Carl's Jr. Steph's donut hole is also in that lot.........for a "hearty" breakfast, one mile East on Alpine Blvd is Janet's Montana Cafe- HUGE portions in a rustic decor

If a guy wanted a hearty breakfast in Alpine before this ride, where would be the hot spot?

Let me know where and I'll meet you for some coffee. I'm just gonna ride up and say Hi anyway-my knee is for sure not ready for any more than that yet. :tired: