Rode a bunch today on the big bike- i15 slog to Los Angeles Crest, the two Tujungas, then played in the dirt chasing the California Aqueduct. Through some wind farms, then highway up to Caliente to CalienteBodfish road.

Right turn onto the dirt at Saddle Springs, and dirt all the way to Jawbone. Cool stuff. I didn't take any pictures, but there were a lot af trees and things. Squirrels, too!

Twisty turney fire roads- pretty easy stuff- got lost a few times, then descends to wide, flat and graded. Connected to the 14, but ran outta gas.

Poured in the spare gallon (not a lot of gas, but represents a very long walk!) and am now ensconced at the Heritage in Ridgecrest.

Tomorrow I'll probably do some dirt near Kennedy Meadows and start heading south.

Www.whereisbowers.com

That sounds like a great ride.

Only ONE check in today Paul...not sure if it's a coverage issue, or you're just not checking in much-enjoying the pictures

Only ONE check in today Paul...not sure if it's a coverage issue, or you're just not checking in much-enjoying the pictures

Correct, just pinged OK once. The tracking is spotty, though, but the batteries are low and I spent a lot of time in the trees. GPS was bouncing around s bit, which is an issue when I haven't a clue where I am.

Almost 500 miles today.

Awesome! Great area.

One would imagine a difficult job keeping the 990 on the pavement rolling Caliente Bodfish. Did you take a rope?

:whistle:

Did you see these jokers?

2014-04-27+08.54.11.jpg

might i make a recommendation?

Head back toward Jawbone and take Jawbone Canyon Rd to Kelso Valley Rd. Proceed North to Piute Mt rd and go up and over the Piute Mts and come down in Bodfish on Saddle Springs rd. From there, continue North through Lake Isabella, Kernville along the Kern River to Sherman Pass Rd up to Kennedy.

Or reverse it and take the right turn on Piute Mt Rd and exit back down on Walker Basin Rd.

just a suggestion. happy riding sir.

Overnighted in Tehachipi slabbed it home this morning, went half-tilt hooligan through LA.

Great trip!

Cool ride, did you do it solo?

Yup.

I was so fast, I had trouble keeping up.

Yup.

I was so fast, I had trouble keeping up.

I hate when that happens. :laughingsmiley: