Superstition and Ocotillo may be ghost towns this year...

Maybe tides are turning? Seems judges are not bowing down to environmentalists. With all the neg press regarding BLM, embezzlement of funds by the Park Rangers organizational leaders we may be getting some traction in keeping our right to ride on our land.

I thought Glamis was always open?

It is! Only a portion of it was closed in 2000 because of the original lawsuit filed by the CBD. It was consider a "temporary" closure. It took lawsuits filed by the ASA and other orginzations to fight it and ultimately get to this point. NOT all of the "temporary" closures were reopened. We gave up some ground to get to this point. I was heavily involved in the ASA several years ago, have been going to Glamis for almost 30 years, and am quite familiar with the details of this mess.

I thought Glamis was always open?

It is! Only a portion of it was closed in 2000 because of the original lawsuit filed by the CBD. It was consider a "temporary" closure. It took lawsuits filed by the ASA and other orginzations to fight it and ultimately get to this point. NOT all of the "temporary" closures were reopened. We gave up some ground to get to this point. I was heavily involved in the ASA several years ago, have been going to Glamis for almost 30 years, and am quite familiar with the details of this mess.

'zactly... Not opened, REopened. Finally got it back after millions of taxpayer $$$ spent to prove their ESA abuse.

...Don't get me wrong, this is a great victory for us!! But the CBD just annouced they will be appealing the decision so the fight is not over. With that said, last Sunday, members of the duning community came together last weekend with the blessing of the BLM, and removed the closure stakes that deliniated the closed areas... :-)

Good news for duners. I guess that gives Imperial County justification for the 2015 permit rate hike.

Good news for duners. I guess that gives Imperial County justification for the 2015 permit rate hike.

Well, the permit process is run by the BLM, so it would be on them.

As far as Imperial County, they have been very supportive of duners, and of the ASA and other organizations that have spent tireless volunteer hours and money trying to get the dunes re-opened. Obviously keeping the dunes open, and having as many viositors as possible, is in the counties best interest.