Ride-Orange

bikeslut's Super Amazing Fun Time Ride

Well it started out like any other normal SDAR weekday ride and, for the most part, sayed that way. It was a blast to meet and ride with another member (spaugh, who led us all over the place, and at a good pace :D thanks spaugh), and my good friend PalmAveRider had a blast exploring a new area (for him) although he was a little tired after having been awake and working for 24 hours prior to the START of the ride :blink: .

Here we are staged and ready to go

IMG_0433.jpg

Here's our group of merry marauders (from left to right); 2wheels, Tree, bike'sluts pal Steve, PalmAveRider, bikeslut, and spaugh hanging out at the top of the mine trail.

IMG_0436.jpg

But you're asking yourself "Where's R-O?" Well, this one proves I was there

IMG_0438.jpg

We talked our fearless leader into heading up a bit of a nasty hill. Along the way he decided that he was going to find out what it was like to get friendly with the infamous "jumping" cholla cactus. I think he regrets the decision :( It only took us about a half hour to get all the needles out of his forearm - I hope it feels better now spaugh :D

IMG_0450.jpg

Here's part of our little group coming along nicely with bikeslut in the sweep spot. bikeslut rode sweep for most of the day - Thanks bikeslut :D

IMG_0460.jpg

Near the end we stopped and looked over Corrizo Gorge. PalmAveRider thought the gorge should have been placed a little further toward the South...

IMG_0465.jpg

This is looking back toward the trail from the same spot. Notice that spaugh is still trying to figure out why he had that hankerin' for Cholla needles in his forearm

IMG_0467.jpg

All in all a SUPERB ride with great friends and great weather (which cleared-up my nasty headcold rather nicely, thank you!)

Thanks to spaugh for leading the way and toughing-out the cactus encounter, thanks to PalmAveRider for keeping me awake with his snoring all the way there and back in the truck, and mostly thanks to bikeslut for posting the ride, giving me gas, and buying us lunch ;)

hey R-O, BIG GIANT thanks for coming down the hill where I fell in the cactus and going to town on my arm with the pliers. Lesson of the day, elbow pads save your ass when you fall on a cactus. It could have been alot worse. I'll be sure to pick lines that don't have cactus next to them next time. ;)

Great meeting everyone. Great bunch of guys you are. Bikeslut thanks for the ride out and orgainizing the ride, I owe you. Ill get those tie downs back to ya asap and Tree thanks for toting back to SD. 2wheels, palmave, steve was a pleasure... :blink:

hey R-O, BIG GIANT thanks for coming down the hill where I fell in the cactus and going to town on my arm with the pliers. Lesson of the day, elbow pads save your ass when you fall on a cactus. It could have been alot worse. I'll be sure to pick lines that don't have cactus next to them next time. ;)

Great meeting everyone. Great bunch of guys you are. Bikeslut thanks for the ride out and orgainizing the ride, I owe you. Ill get those tie downs back to ya asap and Tree thanks for toting back to SD. 2wheels, palmave, steve was a pleasure... :blink:

I have accidently cozied up to more than one cactus in my time! That's why I always carry tweezers in my tool kit. They work better than pliers for most skinny spines. A layer of Elmers glue that is dried will peel 'em up too, for the mass of really fine ones, and I haven't tested it yet, but really sticky tape probably would do a good job.

Spaugh thanks for leading the way, the roads out their all look the same very easy to get confussed. The Old Stage Coach trail was a blast, maybe next time we will see some Bighorn sheep. It was nice riding with all of ya (2wheels,RO,Tree,Palmaverider,Spaugh and Bikeslut). Sorry I could not stay longer, I like to be Soccer Dad and watch my son at his practices and games so cool seeing the little guy excell. I will be looking forward to more rides with all of you.

AND BIKESLUT YOU MAY WANT TO TURN OFF YOUR CAR ALARM IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE...

Ride On...

Good time was had by all. It was great seeing some familiar faces and some new ones. Those trails are cool and the veiws are epic. The hill climb was a blast even though I had to take a turn around to get a better start. I was just lucky that I had enough gas in the float bowl to make it all the way to the top as I forgot to open the petcock on my fuel (Dohhh) after turning it off while sitting and watching the first few guys try. Taking spaughs bike up the hill was an adventure for me, I sure noticed the differance of having a steering stabilizer like my bike does and spaugh's doesn't. That area is pretty cool we'll have to do more of those trails next time.

It was nice to finally explore some of the roads around the Jacumba area, and meet some other riders. Thanks bikeslut for posting the ride and thanks everyone for waiting for me to catch up at all the stops.

WOW !!

Thanks to all. I am ready to go back. It was a better then the ride I was expecting. I have always wanted to ride there, everytime we would drive bye on the way to the dez. I couldn't have picked a better group to ride with. Thanks Bikeslut and everyone else. Thanks RO for driving.

sorry for the delayed response... i took some time off from work (where the working keyboard is)

Thanks to everybody for showing... damn SDAR is turning orange... 4 out of 7 bikes were KTM's... 2 suzis and one Honda.

For those that didn't join in, there are some pretty cool trails in the area... I'll be going back for sure, and try to map out more (if there are more) It's always interesting to be riding along, and all of the sudden you see a row of American flags, and think "Oh,,, THIS is where they were".

spaugh (brad) 2wheels (gene) and palmaverider (guy)- nice to meet you guys; see you out on the trail again.

GIANT, tree and steve, always a pleasure.

I'll post pictures tomorrow; I got a good one of guy coming up the hill, and a blurry one of steve launching off a small rise (steve; if you'll slow down, the pictures will be much better... I tried to get one of you climbing spaugh's sand hill, but the camera keep focusing, and wouldn't click until you were out of the frame... got a nice shot of a cholla, though... they don't move... huh Brad?)

Thanks all for a good ride; and a reminder to anybody that would ride a DR200 (*GENE*) from Eastlake to Jacumba... PM me... I'll come pick you up in my truck.

post-122-1195318664_thumb.jpgYou lookin at me?

post-122-1195318539_thumb.jpgOK- Who's going next? Brad; you go... what could happen?

post-122-1195318526_thumb.jpgSteve... slow down for the digital camera

post-122-1195318505_thumb.jpgOpps...copy

post-122-1195318491_thumb.jpgRide Orange

post-122-1195318479_thumb.jpgR-O... I'm not goin in there

post-122-1195318464_thumb.jpgready to roll

post-122-1195318440_thumb.jpgmoonscape

post-122-1195318424_thumb.jpgmore

post-122-1195318410_thumb.jpgWhat does the S stand for? "Suzuki"? "Superman"? "SLUT?"

post-122-1195318391_thumb.jpgGuy

post-122-1195318379_thumb.jpgGuy on 1wheel

post-122-1195318364_thumb.jpgGene

post-122-1195318350_thumb.jpgBrad's cave

post-122-1195318339_thumb.jpgspaugh