Yeah, it's strictly street legal vehicles only.

Failure to comply means a visit from the ranger with the bad teeth, or maybe they all have bad teeth. Not sure, anyway I always seem to draw the same one.

With xperience aside, is a KLR 650 too heavy of a bike for the Desert Dash? First timer of the DD and unsure of the topography? :lol:

With xperience aside, is a KLR 650 too heavy of a bike for the Desert Dash? First timer of the DD and unsure of the topography? :D

If you aren't a first timer off road and are familiar with the KLR650 you can do the DD, at least if it's similar to the route last year. I owned a KLR for a few years so I know the machines limitations (they are much less than my limitations). Come on out and ride with us.

I will be there! There is no way I am missing this one. My brother and I sent in our checks about 2 weeks ago.. But my Brother won’t have to endure the same bike weight as me because he has a really nice girlfriend who bought him a 08 KTM 450 EXC for Christmas. Must be nice? Looking forward to meeting all of you.

With xperience aside, is a KLR 650 too heavy of a bike for the Desert Dash? First timer of the DD and unsure of the topography? :D

If its the same course as last year, the first day is really fun and long. 2nd day has difficult options but there are bypasses and bailout options all thruout the course and lots of sand...YEA HAW.Remember it is the desert.

Is the KLR too big for the DD ? Depends on the rider.....some ride a BMW 1200 GS, KTM 950, BMW Dakar 650 on the ride, so I'd say a KLR can work.

The routes will NOT be exactly the same as last year, and on Saturday, I'm hoping to have some difficult options around the Superstition area, not for big bikes....but the bypass route will be OK for bigger bikes......if you like sand :D

Are we putting one together? Count me in for help or just use the old route, its still fun. :D

Knee operation for torn maniscus 1-8-08, hopefully will be ready for DD. I will be there either way for the fun and food.

I'm out too.

Wrist surgery (throttle hand) I had is taking longer to heal than I expected although the doc told me so. I canceled my reservation at Butterfield for their primo cabin for the whole weekend so its up for grabs again. I know they booked up quick last year. If your staying in the cheaper "Rustic cabins/Bungalos" bring a good sleeping bag and mucho blankets or a good bottle of whiskey to keep the chill off. Its damn cold at night/early morning in those sheds with no electricity or wood stove.

Got the form on my desktop - time to write the check....

Looking forward to the ride and a chance to meet more of the local group.

Off again, on again. I've had plans change on me twice, seems like my job can't make up it's mind whether I'll be in town for the DD or not. As of today.....maybe? Sure want to make it, it was a blast last year.

Well, I think I am going now!

I am scrapping my plans to finsih the whole Vetx winter motocross series. That will free up some of my weekends.

Now, I just have to convince my boyfriend to go.

Butterfield ranch is probably not more than 40 minutes away so I would be able to sleep in my own bed Saturday night. :D

Well, I think I am going now!

I am scrapping my plans to finsih the whole Vetx winter motocross series. That will free up some of my weekends.

Now, I just have to convince my boyfriend to go.

Butterfield ranch is probably not more than 40 minutes away so I would be able to sleep in my own bed Saturday night. :D

camping with the crew is half the fun and party.Jack and Jane Neeley live near you out there in warner springs, they bring out the truck and camper every year.

I really wish I could make it for this but unfortunately my boss is a Fascist dictator and I can't really get Sunday off. Not to mention I'm so poor I can't even really afford it :-(

I really wish I could make it for this but unfortunately my boss is a Fascist dictator and I can't really get Sunday off. Not to mention I'm so poor I can't even really afford it :-(

KJ, you should really try to go. If you can't work an extra day or something to get Sunday off, at least do the Saturday ride. :unsure: Ken

camping with the crew is half the fun and party.Jack and Jane Neeley live near you out there in warner springs, they bring out the truck and camper every year.

I concur. Half the weekend is spent on your bike the other half drinking beer around the campfire. :unsure:

The rustic cabins are also vented at the top so any heat you bring in will escape. In fact one cabin was missing a window. Bring a few cardboard boxes and duct tape to seal the vents and maybe a window.

I will be working that weekend also. You guys have fun out there, and be safe.

Jon

even fascist dicktaters have heard of sick days, right? I heard there is something going around.

as far as the fee goes; camp for free in Blair Valley, and run over to the rendezvous for the festivities... your TW give you instant street cred for barging in anywhere you want to...

I don't have any contacts to get you out of the registration fees, though...

Good luck

Just got the flyer done, working with Randy to get it out...should know more shortly, it's on Feb. 23-24th.

Does this ride still have some spots left? I am just now send in the form.

Anyone have space in a cabin (the warm ones) or an RV (a warm one)? :)

I'm looking for a spot and will help you split the cost of your cabin or cover some of the gas to haul your rig down. :)

Anyone have space in a cabin (the warm ones) or an RV (a warm one)? :)

I'm looking for a spot and will help you split the cost of your cabin or cover some of the gas to haul your rig down. :)

I'm going to pull my toyhauler out there and so far am alone. It's got 3 full beds so two are available if you want to crash in one... You just have to bring your own sheets/blankets/sleeping bag.

For everyone else, if sandiegoland takes one bunk, that still leaves one more full bed for anyone else that's looking for a spot - you're more than welcome!

I'm going to pull my toyhauler out there and so far am alone. It's got 3 full beds so two are available if you want to crash in one... You just have to bring your own sheets/blankets/sleeping bag.

For everyone else, if sandiegoland takes one bunk, that still leaves one more full bed for anyone else that's looking for a spot - you're more than welcome!

I'm covered now (thanks for the PMs guys). If anyone was considering a tent (like Pyro and I did last year), you might consider this offer. I spent a lot of my "ride" calories trying to stay warm! :)

Ya man, it was cold out there at night last year ! You can bet I'll be there, and hopefully you won't have to rescue our group out of any hidden gullies this time Craig. But just in case, I need to know if I can count on you to save our lives again this year . . . :blink:

Looking forward to seeing you all out there soon !

But just in case, I need to know if I can count on you to save our lives again this year . . . :blink:

Who saved who? I think you guys came in handy helping me sweep the course after dark!!

Maybe I need to get a night-light for my roll-chart... ;)

YES ! Good idea, and I'll fit my bike with a homing beacon. Deal? :unsure: