dirt dame

Tire changing with no tube pinching.

Check this out. Good for those desert tires with the stiff side walls, or any time that you don't want to work too hard at remounting a tire out on the trail, or even in the garage. :coolio:

http://www.bajanopinch.com/

Yo, DD, there's a topic on this from about 2 weeks ago.

I plan to order one. We can save on shipping if we combine orders. S/H is $11.

Anyone else want one? They're $70 each, plus $20 extra if you want the larger axel adapter.

Dan

Yo, DD, there's a topic on this from about 2 weeks ago.

I plan to order one. We can save on shipping if we combine orders. S/H is $11.

Anyone else want one? They're $70 each, plus $20 extra if you want the larger axel adapter.

Dan

I am interested. I think I would like both adapters. It is on sale, but maybe a goup buy will get us lower.

AdvBum: where is it on sale?

I spoke with the guy from Montana selling them. Seems cool. Will only charge $11 for shipping no matter how much stuff we order. Sucks that he charges CA tax as he has a manufacturing plant here. Regardless, we can order a slew of them and any axel adapters when everyone is ready.

They are a lot less than the ones that sold on ADV that you had to order, same thing but not from Germany

I want one and will probably get the adapters too with the shipping saved. Count me in. Erik might want one of these too!

Tim

Here's the previous conversation: http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17604-cool-tire-tool-revisited/?hl=no-pinch#entry169042

See theTire Tool Comparison (Baja No Pinch vs Kaurimoto): http://www.youtube.c...h?v=72xATGltpYY

The first is $70; the latter $180.

And Afry stated that the larger of the axel adapters is the one required for the big KTMs.

If we get 4 or 5 SDAR folks that want them, I'll order and deliver them when they arrive.

Randy: Care to make this a Group Buy? I'll bet he'd cut us a deal if you reached out to him directly.

Dan

What are the dimensions of this tool. At first glance it is too large to carry on a bike. Second question, Why do you need two axle pieces? Can't they give you the correct size up front??? Over the years I have change exactly one tube on the trail.

:dirol:

P.S. Pretty "funny" that these demos are always using the front tire. My sister could change a front tire.

What are the dimensions of this tool. At first glance it is too large to carry on a bike. Second question, Why do you need two axle pieces? Can't they give you the correct size up front??? Over the years I have change exactly one tube on the trail.

:dirol:

P.S. Pretty "funny" that these demos are always using the front tire. My sister could change a front tire.

To answer the question about the axel adapters: The Baja Tool comes with a 20mm axle shaft. They also offer a 25mm or 17mm shaft accessory.

Please note: the 17mm sleeve is designed to screw in and replace the 20mm shaft that is included with the Baja Tool. The 25mm sleeve fits right over the original 20mm shaft.

It appears from the video (of the guy changing the KTM rear tire in Baja) that he's using the stock (blue) 20mm axel shaft.

Any input on what the front and rear hub sizes are on the various DS bikes?

Bumping this to see if there's any more potential interest before I just order one. I need to put a new trials tire on my brother-in-law's WR426 and would like to have this to do it.

Bumping this to see if there's any more potential interest before I just order one. I need to put a new trials tire on my brother-in-law's WR426 and would like to have this to do it.

You got me from up above right??

The second video above is pretty, Space in the pack is my concern. You still need the aluminum irons to get access to the tube.

Nice idea tho. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Last bump for this before I order one for myself. Ordering Monday.