rallymike

Ramona Truck trails satuday 3/15

1497806_554906447940303_407577861_n.jpg

The arrow points to a Honda 250

Later I dropped a tr650 on my foot after getting it all wrong in a rut, I'm not as durable as the young guys:

1912170_554848994612715_995444713_n.jpg

Coors and ice should fix that right up.

I have the feeling we're getting an abbreviated version of an interesting and long story. :coolio:

Great day, Scott went over the trail edge and later got a flat. Mike bunged up his foot, the Hideout bunnies were bunnies, rode an off the beaten path trail in Warner Springs, took Palomar Divide to the top and down a secret escape route , beers at Sunshine Summit and a friggen beautiful day! Rode 8 - 5, pics to follow.

My story is un-impressive. I was having a little fun jumping the waterbars. About five feet after the landing my front end washed out to the right. The dirt looked like it slid for about four feet. When I got ahold of it I was pointing towards the edge and I went right off. I missed all the rocks and the bike luckily stayed on the hill above me. After taking stock of all my limbs I stood up in time to wave to Molson coming down the trail. Him and rallymike helped me push the bike back up to the trail. My neck is a little stiff and I will have a pretty nasty bruise on my left palm. Bike is ok. Bent a mirror and a brake lever. The bars are tweaked too but not too bad. I'd say I got lucky.

Here is my proof. Also Its time for a new front. I guess you could say, this one put me over the edge.

F9fFLV5.jpg

Glad you missed that rock Scott! I do believe Lusardi TT is becoming a bit a jinx on this forum. Didn't somebody have to get air lifted off that trail a few years back?

http://dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8738-squirrels-revenge/

I caught up with Arnie, Scott and Devon? at Hideout. Scott's hand was looking pretty purple so he hobbled home. We then continued up and over Palomar Divide. Came down at Sunshine Summit:

IMG_0610_zps14dc5c1c.jpg

More jinx. When I got home I discovered the cover and pin-clip on my aluminum tool carrier had fallen off. How that pin managed to slide all the way out, I don't know. The tool pouch stayed inside. Does anybody recognize this tool carrier? The brand name? I want to try and order a new aluminum cover and pin-clip. Here are two photos:

IMG_0611_zps7f8f1a11.jpg

IMG_0612_zps2004a34f.jpg

Or, if anybody is riding up Lost Creek, Palomar Divide, Half Way Rd, etc... please keep an eye out for my aluminum parts:

map_zps10bc05bd.jpg

Yep it's Devin. Had a blast riding with all of y'all today. It was really nice to ride with someone other than myself for once haha.

Hey Scott which mirror did you bend? I got a like new stock right side mirror that I'll never use again if you want it.

So, I am taking another look at the track we rode, which is in red below. I thought we had taken Oak Grove (green) but we did not. We took Half Way Rd. Not sure if Oak Grove Rd is gated or not. Thanks for leading Arnie!

Image5_zpsf4861648.jpg

Thanks Devin, I could use that mirror. The right side is the one I bent to hell. Ill buy you lunch for it. Maybe I can meet you on Solana Beach or something. Also here is my GoPro fotage from today. YouTube makes it look like crap though. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

I am sure I am doing something wrong.

You mean besides riding off cliffs? :heh:

Nice video!

How's the foot, Arfy?

Is no problemo!

Tvscum, yes Oak Grove is another " mystery gate".

David, that is the very top of Lusardi, Gopro captured our ride back down the hill.

It was an interesting ride. I think at least three pretty new bikes got their first "Baja stripes" during this ride. Glad everyone walked away, especially Scott, who's wiped out could have ended in much worse injuries.

The dirty half dozen

2014-03-15+07.37.08.jpg

Scott fixing his bike after some impromptu trail blazing

2014-03-15+08.06.32.jpg

Devin on Black Canyon

2014-03-15+10.00.41.jpg

Scott still on two wheels....

2014-03-15+10.01.49.jpg

Then there were 3.....(Palomar Divide)

2014-03-15+12.04.13.jpg

Very cool bike, it's a huge change from the 950 and I'm still not getting even close to what the bike could do with a better rider. Sure is nice to loft the front wheel at any time though. We rode a fair amount of asphalt on the way home (Sunshine Summit to Ramona) since it was getting late so I will be visiting the boys at Seat Concepts sooner then later.

Very cool bike, it's a huge change from the 950 and I'm still not getting even close to what the bike could do with a better rider. Sure is nice to loft the front wheel at any time though. We rode a fair amount of asphalt on the way home (Sunshine Summit to Ramona) since it was getting late so I will be visiting the boys at Seat Concepts sooner then later.

I just bought a foam kit for mine and did it myself. Huge difference!

I can't believe I retraced this ENTIRE track and still could not find my toolbox cover. It was only a week ago we did this ride, and I did the entire loop slow and solo. Over the past week, Palomar Divide has been scraped smooth with a tractor. They even scrapped our mystery route clean. The tractor must have eaten my toolbox cover. It was nowhere to be found. That was a long ride, forcing myself to look at the road the entire way!

IMG_0619_zps0bddb87a.jpg

I have more bad news about our mystery exit at the bottom, Arnie. It's closed.