Afry

Help - where can I find metric o-rings in SD?

New suspension, tires, tubes, rims, battery, spark plug, gaskets, tires, wiring, mirrors, radiators, hoses and complete service and registration paid on the bike - all I need are 3 stinking o-rings!

My 03 KTM 525 has these (3) very skinny o-rings where the fuel inlet goes into the carb (so that it can swivel) but KTM only wants to sell a whole carb kit for close to $100 and that hurts my wallet. I went to all the automotive and hardware stores in Ramona and I did find some metric o-rings but they are still too fat and do not work. I tried using a smaller size hoping they would stretch and be thinner but no go.

I looked online and found they might be size 7 x 1.2 mm or a Doorman #80020 but this is not confirmed.

Any idea where I can find a good assortment of metric o-rings in SD locally? This is putting a crimp in my DD plans.

Arnie,

Try Marshall hardware in Miramar. Should have what you're looking for. Bring the outing with you. They have a few hundred different sizes. I use them on my husky oil filter

New suspension, tires, tubes, rims, battery, spark plug, gaskets, tires, wiring, mirrors, radiators, hoses and complete service and registration paid on the bike - all I need are 3 stinking o-rings!

My 03 KTM 525 has these (3) very skinny o-rings where the fuel inlet goes into the carb (so that it can swivel) but KTM only wants to sell a whole carb kit for close to $100 and that hurts my wallet. I went to all the automotive and hardware stores in Ramona and I did find some metric o-rings but they are still too fat and do not work. I tried using a smaller size hoping they would stretch and be thinner but no go.

I looked online and found they might be size 7 x 1.2 mm or a Doorman #80020 but this is not confirmed.

Any idea where I can find a good assortment of metric o-rings in SD locally? This is putting a crimp in my DD plans.

You can try Real Seal Co. in Escondido 760 743 7263 it is off auto park way

I replaced the exact same O-rings, used some I had laying around and they worked. Took a little convincing.....

I used orings I bought from Harbor Freight for the same application as you. I think the smallest size stretched and fit. I tried the local seal company with no luck.

Yes, Marshall's Hardware on Miramar is a pretty cool place - thanks Ian!