Guest Crusty

Poor Reed OUT Again.

Bummer for Chad.

So there's two Honda's in the top ten? #7 and #10?. - that's a good showing by a world wide top scooter seller! Maybe someday they will make a competitive bike again. Go Honda!

Mabey it is more refective of team management than the bike . Look at Pro Circuit -- Kaw,s are not realy known as a great build ( IMHO )but the team knows how to win .

Guest Crusty

Bummer for Chad.

So there's two Honda's in the top ten? #7 and #10?. - that's a good showing by a world wide top scooter seller! Maybe someday they will make a competitive bike again. Go Honda!

jq523f5c52.gif

Guest Crusty

A reply for the TROLL

What's so funny, It's not even Funny.

All I need to do all the rides here at SDAR. is a 2003 CRF 230F and a 2005 XR 680 L both have stock suspension.

It would be fun to see how competitive your 525 is against my 230 in the technical stuff.

I ride Honda because they are bullet proof, and I get parts in 3 days or less.

I also like saving lots of money.

Craig.

Is this the racing thread or the fun group ride thread?

In all sincerity; bummer for Chad...the Kawi seemed to suit him well

Honda will make a comeback when Barcia sorts things out, I expect

I'm enjoying this racing season- favorites winning some and being on the podium...some wildcards winning a race

Different manufacturers on the top step. good fun

Let's keep the discussion civil

It would be fun to see how competitive your 525 is against my 230 in the technical stuff.

Troll master - that comparison is like apples and oranges - lol. It would be a better match or even more fun to see how your 680 does against my 525 fromTecate to Mikes. Of course that will not say as much about the bikes as it will the riders and I may be at a disadvantage there.

So far my Ktms have been bullet proof and when I do need parts they are either in stock or in my hands in 3 days from All American KTM so not sure what the big deal is there.

Why is your 650 a 680? Did it blow up or was it too slow?

I vote for more racing discussion and less brand/personal discussions

I welcome other opinions Via PM

I hope Chad Reed heals up and can race soon, it's been awesome to see him making a comeback this year. He's a tough dude, but I can't believe he will race this weekend. If he does, he gets even more respect from his fans!

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to (Italian) Husqvarna. :coolio:/>

:rolleyes:/>

I love em, but not me.....

Guest Crusty

Troll master - that comparison is like apples and oranges - lol. It would be a better match or even more fun to see how your 680 does against my 525 fromTecate to Mikes. Of course that will not say as much about the bikes as it will the riders and I may be at a disadvantage there.

So far my Ktms have been bullet proof and when I do need parts they are either in stock or in my hands in 3 days from All American KTM so not sure what the big deal is there.

Why is your 650 a 680? Did it blow up or was it too slow?

How about Pala raceway Vet track your 525 my CRF 450X??

It became a 680 Plus a lot more at 20,000 miles, I did really well on this bike before all the mods, but I had the money.

I could still do much more to this bike , but why, if I want to go faster I ride the CRF 450X or a CR 500.

More Reed. Who won just as many races when he was BUYING HONDA'S to race.

http://cyclenews.ube...om/i/258187/121

I'm sending you my opinion. I did see Jim Gibson finish 3rd in the 500cc open class at Day in the Dirt a couple years ago. Oh yea, he was riding a Yamaha YZ 100.

I'm sending you my opinion. I did see Jim Gibson finish 3rd in the 500cc open class at Day in the Dirt a couple years ago. Oh yea, he was riding a Yamaha YZ 100.

I agree with your assessment...way to bring it back to racing

1392177934[/url]' post='167691']

How about Pala raceway Vet track your 525 my CRF 450X??

It became a 680 Plus a lot more at 20,000 miles, I did really well on this bike before all the mods, but I had the money.

I could still do much more to this bike , but why, if I want to go faster I ride the CRF 450X or a CR 500.

More Reed. Who won just as many races when he was BUYING HONDA'S to race.

http://cyclenews.ube...om/i/258187/121

My knees are to buggered for much MX nowadays, I'll stick to off road but my offer stands.

There is a very good reason Reed bought Hondas..... they buy riders (from MXA):

The AMA National purse is the subject of major misconceptions. You decide whether or not it is a good day's pay.

(1) On average an AMA National pays the exact same total purse as an AMA Supercross. The posted National purse is $66,140 per event. This money comes directly from the event promoter each weekend. That purse money is also supplemented by guaranteed bonus money (money that is posted through the AMA system and paid out to the riders based on results per event).

(2) Although there are Supercross races that pay more and stand-alone events like the U.S. Open that pay a lot more. The major difference between the pay out (per rider) at a Supercross and an AMA National is that the National purse is divided by 160 checks (every rider in every moto gets paid--even the last place guy, who went 40-40, would get $440 from the $66,000). On the good note, most people think that the money should be paid as far back as possible to help the privateers. On the bad note, the more checks you write, the smaller they have to be. The entry fee to an AMA National is $200, so even the last place rider gets double his entry fee back.

(3) What can a privateer make if he wins an AMA National? Let's use any Honda CRF450 privateer as an example. If a CRF-mounted privateer (or support team rider) went 1-1 at an AMA National, he would receive $53,050 for his days work. That includes the promoter's purse money and his AMA-guaranteed Honda contingency money (the contingency money is part of the AMA payout structure). No matter how you parse it, winning an AMA National does wonders for your bank account.

If a privateer won a Kawasaki KX450F, he would also get $53,050 (but he would only get $28,050 on a KX250F or CRF250). On a Yamaha or Suzuki first place would be $23,050 (because they offer a $20,000 contingency pay out compared to Honda's $50,000 bonus).

(4) Second place. If a Honda privateer went 2-2 for second overall on his Honda CRF450 or KX450, he would take home $27,150 and a 3-3 would earn him $16,800. On a Yamaha he would get $17,150 for second. A Suzuki rider would earn $12,150 for second.

(5) Full-factory riders do not sign-up for the AMA's guaranteed contingency plan (instead they have their own, much larger, private deals). If Ferry, Short, Millsaps or Villopoto go 1-1, they makes $103,050 a week (winning all 12 Nationals, like James Stewart did in 2008, would put at least $1,236,600 in purse-related money in the rider's pocket--plus the factory riders get $1,000,000 Championship bonus--which makes a totally successfuly National campaign worth a minimum of $2,236,600). It's amazing that James Stewart wants to race Supercross-only in 2009. He must not need the two-and-a-quarter million dollars, at least not now.

Yeah, we get it. You're a fan of Big Red. Lots of people aren't.

Always remember what fan is short for.....

back to the thread title and back on track, I hope somehow that wiley Aussie continues to ride and salvage some points to stay in the game, anyone can still get hurt, have a machine fail, DNF etc. it aint over til its over.Reed is a tough racer old school mentality.

Guest Crusty

Looks like he missed the cut. Needed top 40, qualified 45th with a one lap of any real effort.

One thing's for sure, Reed's one gritty SOB.