Sleeping bag

Klim goretex stuff jacket

Rotopax 1g

Flip flops

Various survival junk. Life straw, foil blankets, fire starting stuff

First aid kit

Spot although I need to activate it

Clear shield for helmet in case of impromptu night ride

It looks like I'll be on my DRZ instead of the DR. Simply too many things to get done on the DR before the trip and I don't want to be testing a bunch of new mods/settings/gear while in DV. Kind of bummed because I really wanted to take the DR but at least the DRZ will be getting a new front tire and possibly a carb clean before the trip. I run Giant Loop Mojavi rear bags and will put on the 4.1 gallon tank.

Good call on the clear visor/goggles Vacman, I forgot to include that. I've run tinted goggles at night by accident far too many times lol

Helinox camping chair

Motopump with tire repair kit

Sleeping bag

Klim goretex stuff jacket

Rotopax 1g

Flip flops

Various survival junk. Life straw, foil blankets, fire starting stuff

First aid kit

Spot although I need to activate it

Clear shield for helmet in case of impromptu night ride

Damn dude, you come better prepared than some of the people on my 4X4 trips! You guys rock.

Thanks for the feedback; I'm a little closer to being prepared now!

My brother-in-law heard about this ride this weekend, so there will be another GS rider there. We'll be arriving Friday afternoon.

Working on the Tiger today, but still don't think I trust it enough to ride that far. Wishing.....

Working on the Tiger today, but still don't think I trust it enough to ride that far. Wishing.....

I packed my tow strap, we have lots of hand tools and I'd love to try out my fancy new trail stand on someone else's bike. C'mon man, let's do this. :)

bboyle9 bought his KLR 15 minutes before we took it to SF and back. Just make sure the flywheel bolts on the Tiger's stator are loctited in and you are good! I know you've been super busy with stuff but if you can make it, I know you'll have a great time! Your first ice cold, delicious, well-deserved beer is on me. Plus I'm bringing firewood!

I ordered a new front tire for the DRZ today. I'm feeling good about things, time to swap the bigger tank on it and start packing my gear. I'm bringing a headlamp, cold weather gloves and clear goggles in case I'm out late. I'll be grocery shopping for myself later this week. I'm a horrible cook so I might be scrounging around looking for snacks lol. Camp chair is a must!

If anybody is on the fence, post up with questions! DramaLlama.gif

btw is anybody into photography?

I ordered a new front tire for the DRZ today. I'm feeling good about things, time to swap the bigger tank on it and start packing my gear. I'm bringing a headlamp, cold weather gloves and clear goggles in case I'm out late. I'll be grocery shopping for myself later this week. I'm a horrible cook so I might be scrounging around looking for snacks lol. Camp chair is a must!

If anybody is on the fence, post up with questions! DramaLlama.gif

btw is anybody into photography?

Is anyone trailering up from the Oceanside, Vista, Cbad, San Marcos area that might have some room for some gear? I want to ride up on the tiger, but it would be nice to bring a few things that might not fit on the bike (cooler full of beer, chair, etc...) I have some good camp gear, but it's all car camp stuff. How civilized do we want this to be?

I'll be driving up Thursday after work leaving the SD Beach area.

When is everybody else heading up? I believe there is a big bike crew leaving Friday sometime.

I would like to be on the road from my house no later than noon, and earlier is better. I am fairly certain PMB will be heading my way, not sure about any other big bike people. It would be awesome to have a big bike group rolling up there together so anyone who's considering it please plan on rolling with us!

I'm 99% packed...waiting on a few goodies...and am still not sure about the in-laws. However, I'm riding up either way. I have the radio/bluetooth setup dialed in and ready to listen to the sweet, sweet melody of PMB singing all the way up. Not to mention him saying "Hmmmmmm" every time he sees another two-wheeled conveyance.

BTW, I think we should exchange phone numbers either here or via PM. Tim I think I still have yours, and I have Paul's but that's it.

Sounds good Vacman. Do you know where you'd like to ride Saturday? You could also hit some dirt Sunday morning on the ride home too.

CableJockey and Flexfab - I believe you're both coming up Thursday, do you have your Friday ride plans dialed?

ChrisW when are you riding up?

1NaAdv, you're taking your KLR up on Friday correct? Are you tenting or in the cabin? Let me know, I'm in PB too.

Seano, what is your plan?

rallymike, looking forward to seeing you and the Husky up there.

AdvBum, are you able to come?

SteveS, are you bringing up the DR or KLR?

Others? Post up!

In.

Riding up, hoping someone else will figure out where to ride Saturday, I'm slammed with a project and will be throwing a bunch of stuff in the Giant Loop and heading out Friday as early as VacManTim can be ready to roll.

I've heard from hodjinet considering riding up.

The ride up will not be leisurely-paced.

I think Titus Canyon sounds like a great first taste of DV. We can always wick it up a notch or two on the way back if we feel like it wasn't enough.

I think Titus Canyon sounds like a great first taste of DV. We can always wick it up a notch or two on the way back if we feel like it wasn't enough.

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me.

If you guys have the time, you could swing a right (north) once you get through Titus and head towards Scotty's Castle then visit the Racetrack. If Hunter Mtn is clear of snow you can continue back towards Saline Valley Road and back to PSR. That would be a great big bike loop.

Sounds good Vacman. Do you know where you'd like to ride Saturday? You could also hit some dirt Sunday morning on the ride home too.

CableJockey and Flexfab - I believe you're both coming up Thursday, do you have your Friday ride plans dialed?

1NaAdv, you're taking your KLR up on Friday correct? Are you tenting or in the cabin? Let me know, I'm in PB too.

Others? Post up!

No plans for Fri., but I can be easily tricked. Also, as of this afternoon Titus canyon is still closed.

Others? Post up!

I won't know if I'm coming up Thursday morning or evening until tomorrow. If I get out early, I'd like to ride 1-2 Thursday. I'll post my schedule tomorrow. Anyone interested in a late afternoon ride on Thursday?

Others? Post up!

Gonna be camping , tent ect. Get off work thursday at 5, too late to ride up. So plan on leaving friday morning at 5 or 6 in hopes of a noon arivall time in an attempt to get an afternoon ride friday. Making reservations tomorrow for a tent site.

Jesse

No plans for Fri., but I can be easily tricked. Also, as of this afternoon Titus canyon is still closed.

I won't know if I'm coming up Thursday morning or evening until tomorrow. If I get out early, I'd like to ride 1-2 Thursday. I'll post my schedule tomorrow. Anyone interested in a late afternoon ride on Thursday?

I won't make it to camp Thurs night until 8-10pm. I 100% want to ride Friday. Might you guys be up for a PSR - Goler - Warm Springs - West Side Rd to..... I'm open to going South on Harry Wade then over to Shoshone and back up the valley via Greenwater. I've never done Harry Wade nor Greenwater and would be up to try it out. We could always loop back north on West Side Rd after Warm Springs and maybe could explore the Chloride Cliffs area before heading back West to PSR. [the adv report vacman posted said Goler is a tad washed out - I will help push/bulldog our small bikes through any obstacles we come across. no bikes left behind]

Maybe Saturday we could do the Darwin Falls loop (it appears we can return to 190 near Saline Valley?) then up Saline Valley to Lippencott and the Racetrack returning the same route sans Darwin?

Sunday I'm open to visiting the Hot Springs along Saline Valley as I've never been.