Got to enjoy a new riding area to start 2014 out right...and loving these perfect weather conditions for dual sporting....

Big Thanks to Danrider for hosting this ride, he's been raving about riding in Yuma for a long time...Lots to see out there..

Also big thanks to Cody (kody?) for getting me through a couple rough spots, and Dave (dstss) for picking me up in a couple other tough spots.

Here's some pics from our 150+ mile day yesterday.....lots of variety.....a good number of shaly rock challenges and many mines, few long stretches of deep gravel washes,(not my favorite), but with that said, most of the day was awesome, riding along the Colorado river and the Pichacho peak area WERE my favorite parts of the ride...there are hundreds of miles of dirt riding for all tastes out there, so if you get the chance, head out for an adventure....

P1020428_zps2bd661bf.jpg

P1020429_zpsad6beb48.jpg

DANS FAVORITE OBSTACLE (Reminded me alot of Gohler wash, in death valley)

P1020430_zpse8993190.jpg

P1020432_zps9e4d8413.jpg

P1020438_zps8574fd80.jpg

P1020441_zpsa26fd038.jpg

looks great. i am planning on a visit to this area next month. have you ridden out of Yuma in the fortuna hills area? a friend has been showing me around the area extensively this past month. No shortage of sand or rocks. those river bed jeep trails are tough, but unforgettable.

It was a great time with all of you on this ride!!! This ride will go down in history with me and the stories that will come out of it will be fine…. From my smashed finger, the lesson from Deb on how I should rate bike rides, and the drive home at the end of the ride in the dark. I always judge a ride as a success and a good one when we all make it home safe and enjoy a cold beer tired and exhausted, and we did that. Thank you Dave, Cody, and Deb for a good memory for the books.

I am glad we went home Deb early because I got to watch two of the best NFL football games of this season on Saturday.

I had a great time on the ride. Deb, I'm glad Dan convinced you to come out even if he may have been a little off on his description of it being an easy ride. Hope you come out again. There is still lots of trails to go over without the rock piles. Got a few spots along the river I know you would like. I know you would enjoy the parts we had to cut out do to time limits. I spent a lot of time out at Picacho and every time I ride, I find a new trail to explore. As for for this week's ride, we had a bit of mix with some real challenging rocky spots and some great, scenic twisting hard pack. And a not so fun 30 minutes of road, in the dark with minimal lights to get home. Next addition for my bike is going to be a new headlight assembly. For everyone else, if Danrider asks to you ride the Red Cloud Mine Road, take him up on it. It is a ride to remember.

looks great. i am planning on a visit to this area next month. have you ridden out of Yuma in the fortuna hills area? a friend has been showing me around the area extensively this past month. No shortage of sand or rocks. those river bed jeep trails are tough, but unforgettable.

I live in the foothills. I've got a route that gets you from my house on the Fortuna wash to Picacho with less than 5 miles of paved street. I love living in Yuma, being that you can jump on your bike and be on a trail in a few minutes. And so much to explore.

Thanks for inviting me on the great ride Dave. I really enjoyed getting to explore Yuma, La Paz, and Imperial Counties, meeting some great people, and just getting out and riding! Really great ride, great scenery, a few falls, a sprained finger (Danrider's), a flat tire (my boot fortunately), and some really cool mines. I explored one of the mines just before we reached Red Cloud and really enjoyed that. I was glad to be of a little help to Deb, and would gladly do it again anytime. Deb was impressive the way she 'man-handled' her tall 450 through the tough spots. We all laid it on the ground except for Dave, whose only real issue was a momentary stall in the rock section. We got lost for a second (my fault), but that only added to the adventure. I have some pics I'll add, but I have to figure out how to reduce the size first. See you at the Dash!

Thanks for inviting me on the great ride Dave. I really enjoyed getting to explore Yuma, La Paz, and Imperial Counties, meeting some great people, and just getting out and riding! Really great ride, great scenery, a few falls, a sprained finger (Danrider's), a flat tire (my boot fortunately), and some really cool mines. I explored one of the mines just before we reached Red Cloud and really enjoyed that. I was glad to be of a little help to Deb, and would gladly do it again anytime. Deb was impressive the way she 'man-handled' her tall 450 through the tough spots. We all laid it on the ground except for Dave, whose only real issue was a momentary stall in the rock section. We got lost for a second (my fault), but that only added to the adventure. I have some pics I'll add, but I have to figure out how to reduce the size first. See you at the Dash!

No luck with the photos. I downsized to 800 x 600 with approx. 600kb and it skips the attachment and reports error code 500? If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong let me know.

Thanks

Load your photos to photobucket... then post the links...

got any tracks from that day? I may be spending some time out there with some buddies in the near future and would like to play around while out there.

I should have the whole loop on my gps but I haven't downloaded it yet. I'll check when I get home later this week. If I do, you can PM me with your email and I will send it to you.