johnnyg

ramona to anza, then idylwild? sat 1/4

like the title says, ramona-anza and on toward idylwild, trying to ride as much dirt as possible. packards at 7, stands up by 7:30. i'd like to ride it as an out and back, so my turnaround point is wherever i am at 11:30-noon. having trouble getting tracks into my garmin, so i'll be winging it with paper maps. post up if interested, otherwise i'll skip the packards stop.

happy new year!

johnnyg

Guest Crusty

In if we include Hixon and Alasandro.

In if we include Hixon and Alasandro.

[/quote

how technical are they? i'm just getting back in the saddle after some time off, and would prefer a lower pucker factor. blush.gif

Lurking...

I have a couple option for satuday, but leaving from my backyard is always nice.

Doable on a big bike that would keep the pace fast enough to make decent time? :party:

Doable on a big bike that would keep the pace fast enough to make decent time? party.gif

Big bike able for sure but there are lots of rain ruts between Warner Springs and Anza so you may bottom out your front forks some.

Hixon and Alessandro are technical single track trails in the Anza area. Much of the dirt trails from Ramona to Anza and into Idyllwild are fun ridge line fire scenic roads.

Are there any bypasses for the single track where I could meet up with ya'll on the other side? weestrom probably woulnd't do well on tough Single track.

How about Black Canyon to Lost Valley to Cooper Cienga TT to Anza for lunch at La Cocina and fuel then do Thomas Mtn loop then come back through Palomar Divide and end up at the Hideout of course.

All double track and doable on a Vee Strom with downs at the helm but still fun for all.

Doable on a big bike that would keep the pace fast enough to make decent time? party.gif

Big bike able for sure but there are lots of rain ruts between Warner Springs and Anza so you may bottom out your front forks some.

Hixon and Alessandro are technical single track trails in the Anza area. Much of the dirt trails from Ramona to Anza and into Idyllwild are fun ridge line fire scenic roads.

I'm a good rider but I have michelin anakee 3's on a BFB. How fucked am I?

HAHAHAHA Don't change the ride just for me. I can always meet up with ya'll at the stop points :torch:/>

Adak on the Noob ride you were on with me you were riding harder and faster than I was so you should be good to go on anything this group does that's doable on a Big Bike.

How about Black Canyon to Lost Valley to Cooper Cienga TT to Anza for lunch at La Cocina and fuel then do Thomas Mtn loop then come back through Palomar Divide and end up at the Hideout of course.

All double track and doable on a Vee Strom with downs at the helm but still fun for all.

johnnyg - this is basically what your talking about and fits your "lower pucker factor" desire. Black Canyon is a good warm up with some slab over to Warner Springs then mild-mid dirt to Anza, etc. Bail points based on time needs. Afry -you riding?

I don't think I can pull a hall pass for this but maybe.

For the big bikes wondering, I saw you all on the 22nd. No problem with this ride for you.

arnie, that was my planned route, minus palomar divide... i'm not married to that plan though if time allows for an alternate return route. will you be joining in?

trophyhunter, thanks for your input... i've never ridden lost valley/puerta la cruz/cooper cienega, so i'm stoked to ride something new.

lurkers, my riding style is slow-ish, but steady (i'm on a '03 640 adv) and i'm hoping to cover some miles to help me get back into riding shape. my ultimate goal for riding this route is to be able to ride all of the bee canyon area too, lunch in idylwild, then retrace my tracks to go home -- i like the high dirt/slab ratio!

thanks for your interest... hope to see you tomorrow!

regards,

johnnyg

I'm looking pretty solid for this ride....I'll probably ride the 950a considering the total mileage but I'm open to just about any route....BRAAAAAAAAAP

95% in, at least until Anza. I can take you guys to the Thomas Mtn turn off from Bautista Rd if no one knows it then head home from there.

On way home I want to explore a different route from Anza to Chihuahua Valley Rd. that is south east of Cooper Cienga

I think I read this will be big bike doable. If nobody minds a 1200gs I'd like to take part.

this is at the packards coffee shop in romona?

Adak on the Noob ride you were on with me you were riding harder and faster than I was so you should be good to go on anything this group does that's doable on a Big Bike.

For the big bikes wondering, I saw you all on the 22nd. No problem with this ride for you.

I guess with this, I'm in. I'm meeting my dad anyway up in Burbank so this is actually perfect.

I think I read this will be big bike doable. If nobody minds a 1200gs I'd like to take part.

this is at the packards coffee shop in romona?

No prob on the 1200. And yes, the packards in Ramona at Main and 7th.

Arnie, I may be open to exploring some more technical stuff with you.

Guess I need to get over to the hobby shop today and bang my skid plate back semi-straight.

Arnie, I may be open to exploring some more technical stuff with you.

I am thinking of coming back down Terwilliger Rd to Rimrock Canyon Rd back to to Cooper Cienga by the pond. Then maybe Sweetwater Canyon Rd but it might dead end.

Curses to non-riding friends commandeering my weekend. :angry2: Have fun!

Downs - could you record tracks on this for me? Thanks man.

I may not be able to make it. I just heard that one of our guys is coming back into town after spending a few weeks at home on leave so I may have to play taxi driver upon his return. Just depends on how things play out.

It's all good, if I can't create my own route from specs already posted...

I have to catch up on some work stuff this weekend too, otherwise would of been into this. Maybe we can hit it up another time.

Go to Dualsportmaps.com and look up the map called "socaldualsport.com Route May 5th and 6th" and these are the tracks we will be riding to Anza. This has all the tracks and more

http://www.dualsport...om/?link=103551

You can download a GPX file to upload into your GPS.

Nevermind the part that says this site has been killed by Google - it still works for this.

ooh ooh, can I do it on a XR4 with no brake light? The switch just died.