Wanna do another ride; we can do Lark for noobs, but I doubt bike bikes have much fun on those trails

Early, at the oak tree in Lark OHV

Wanna do another ride; we can do Lark for noobs, but I doubt bike bikes have much fun on those trails

Waitaminute- what happened to riding the stagecoach trail???

Waitaminute- what happened to riding the stagecoach trail???

That's what the plates are for...

We can knock out most of Jacumba in an houror two, so I thought, as long as I'm that far east

I think stagecoach will be a stretch for noobs

Well..I'm in.

I'll stop by Alpine on the way out.

Cool

PMB on big bike?

Really bean wanting to hit lark. (never ridden there :ohno02: ) Also want to revisit the stagecoach watering hole. I'll try to get a "pass" for a halfday ride. I'm a definite maybe... :smile_anim:

Really bean wanting to hit lark. (never ridden there :ohno02:/> ) Also want to revisit the stagecoach watering hole. I'll try to get a "pass" for a halfday ride. I'm a definite maybe... :smile_anim:/>

Perfect ride for you, then...we'll hit the watering hole, and show you the best of lark

Disclaimers: you need a plate to ride old 80 to jacumba, and to ride stagecoach

No plate needed for Lark OHV

"Big bikes"...a guy rode an 800 on some of these trails...bowers has ridden his 990 on some of them. I've ridden my SuMo KLR and XR650L on most of these trails

I would not take a Strom, Tiger, etc on most of these trails

Hahahahahahahaaaaa...uh...no

HEY!

What the hell's THAT supposed to mean??

is lark tight and technical, if so I'm thinking I might swap my 16t front sprocket out for my 14t and truck it out so I don't have show up lookin like the michelin man (Its cold out there in the early am right? what time are you thinking? :party:

Early...like 8 @ the oak tree?

Big bikes may have fun with the dirt roads and exploring, but the DR650 is my limit on the trails. I've had a Strom & wouldn't want to take it in there. Dirt starts at A and the day use "tree" is at C. A long way to ride for some dirt roads, but if ya haven't seen the area and want to get some mile dirt time.....

I'm about 70% in on the little bike.

Lark only - no stagecoach

is lark tight and technical, if so I'm thinking I might swap my 16t front sprocket out for my 14t and truck it out so I don't have show up lookin like the michelin man (Its cold out there in the early am right? what time are you thinking? party.gif

I'd go small sprocket. I forgot to go from 15 to 14 on the DR - not as fun.

is lark tight and technical, if so I'm thinking I might swap my 16t front sprocket out for my 14t and truck it out so I don't have show up lookin like the michelin man (Its cold out there in the early am right? what time are you thinking? party.gif

I'd go small sprocket. I forgot to go from 15 to 14 on the DR - not as fun.

Thanks for the tip. Hope to see you out there.

2 more in. One guest intro for the SDAR group on a plated bike (my soon to be ex TE310) and me on non plated bike to ride assist or simply clown around (my usual). May arrive a bit after 0800.

A new international rider

I haven't been on a ride with you yet, I would love to go with you this Sunday. I will be sitting on the side of Mccain valley rd by the 8 overpass by 7:40 if someone would give me a wave I will follow, I haven't been to Lark before so I think its best that I don't try to find the "Oak tree" on my own. If you don't mind my tagging along all I really need to know is, do I need anything other than a plate for any area we will go to?

I haven't been on a ride with you yet, I would love to go with you this Sunday. I will be sitting on the side of Mccain valley rd by the 8 overpass by 7:40 if someone would give me a wave I will follow, I haven't been to Lark before so I think its best that I don't try to find the "Oak tree" on my own. If you don't mind my tagging along all I really need to know is, do I need anything other than a plate for any area we will go to?

Might this help?

http://goo.gl/maps/1dR5B

http://goo.gl/maps/AKDNM

Jeremy - that's a pretty good haul on a KLX 250. I"m trucking out from Rancho SD so I can take you too if ya want. Rolling at 6:45 in a warm truck. Figure load time of 5 minutes so if you want, meet at my house at 6:40? If we leave from Lark at separate times, no problem.

Let me know.

http://goo.gl/maps/AKDNM

Jeremy - that's a pretty good haul on a KLX 250. I"m trucking out from Rancho SD so I can take you too if ya want. Rolling at 6:45 in a warm truck. Figure load time of 5 minutes so if you want, meet at my house at 6:40? If we leave from Lark at separate times, no problem.

Let me know.

Jeremy- take him up on his offer... it's a long haul on a small bike

We hope to also get Jacumba in, but if some of the folks don't want to, there is still plenty of fun if you stay at Lark

8am at "the oak tree", see you there. Amped to be riding a new spot! :party:

John pm sent...