dstss

Solo loop around Picacho peak

Off for the week and both my local riding buddies had issues over the weekend. So today I went for a solo ride around Picacho Peak on the California side of the river. Saw almost no one for 40 miles of the ride, other than 2 snowbird couples lost in UTVs. Stopped and got them headed in the right direction and no other issues. Beautiful day for a ride. Actually got lost myself, but found some really cool trails in the process. Always fun to come over a hill and see something you recognize (like the Colorado river) while thinking you are somewhere else. "Not until you are lost in this world can you begin to find your true self". Don't remember who said that, but it works for me.

https://www.dropbox...._111216_909.jpg

https://www.dropbox....h6lh/Pi94nhuU6h

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/sd5ivuttnqr5j2d/HOd0giuaqf

That area is my favorite place to ride. I do it all the time solo.

Yea, its a pretty scenic area but nothing to treacherous. Lends itself to solo rides.

you guys ever ride out to or from ogilby road? Looking to do that one of these days... :coolio:

you guys ever ride out to or from ogilby road? Looking to do that one of these days... coolio.gif

I've done it a few times, by way of Indian Pass and Hyduke Mine road. Indian pass is a lot of deep sand in places but takes you right next to the river. Hyduke is more hard pack but takes you right up to Picacho Peak. Or you can ride in on one and loop out on the other. Yesterday I found some trails I hadn't been on before that connect the two. Let me know when you want to give it a go.

you guys ever ride out to or from ogilby road? Looking to do that one of these days... coolio.gif

I've done it a few times, by way of Indian Pass and Hyduke Mine road. Indian pass is a lot of deep sand in places but takes you right next to the river. Hyduke is more hard pack but takes you right up to Picacho Peak. Or you can ride in on one and loop out on the other. Yesterday I found some trails I hadn't been on before that connect the two. Let me know when you want to give it a go.

That's a fun ride. We camp out on the pay to play side a couple times a year by the tower near the sand. It gives the ones in our group with quads the option of the dunes, and the dual sport DRZ does it all out there. Great sand training for sure.

We'll have to post up our next trip out there and get a club ride happening.

Solo rides by the river are a blast :good: .......at some point we'll work on connecting the dots (dirt) between Yuma and Laughlin

Crawddy,

I am ready to "Help" put together those dots. Do you guys have ideas to avoid the graded straight lines?

SandBagger

Solo rides by the river are a blast :good:/> .......at some point we'll work on connecting the dots (dirt) between Yuma and Laughlin

I have the Yuma to Parker route (s) covered on both the AZ and CA side. Combine my tracks with some of 97xr400's (from their SD to Laughlin run) and you have 98% of it. Anyone want to head out next week?