kkug

Kugs ,Mystery Ride-- Nov 16-17 -13

Johnnymad come over tonite and I showed him all my camping stuff. A lot of stuff ! I got to remember to pack lite.

He says he has a XR400 and this is my old 400 pre Giant loop days. The good old days.

On the Bradshaw Trail somewhere.

IMG_0293-L.jpg

Ken thanks for taking the time to teach me the way to pack for the trip. I'm looking forward to a great ride.

And Ken,

Is a Farm Field near Camacho's on the list of campsites??

P1010230_1000w-L.jpg

And Ken,

Is a Farm Field near Camacho's on the list of campsites??

P1010230_1000w-L.jpg

Bags --great ideal --Who knows ?

Their is supposed to be some Meteor Shower and a full moon that weekend . :rolleyes:

I don,t look that impressed in that picture :blink:

I haven't unpacked my sleeping bag/tent from the Spring Utah trip :dead: .......guess I oughta air it out before I throw it on the back of the bike for Kug's Adventure :blink::heh:

Looking forward to it :good:

Added bonus ---

The start Leonid Meteor shower and

Comet ISON may be visible in the night sky.

I hope we see something because it will be full moon.

Looks like I'm out......350 is toasted at the moment and I don't have the range on The Smoker.....

Chris - You can use my WR if you want to. :coolio: Unfortunately, I can't make the trip this weekend, so you are welcome to use my bike if you want to :excl: D4L

Looks like I'm out......350 is toasted at the moment and I don't have the range on The Smoker.....

I understand one can strap oil cans full of premix to one's body to extend fuel range.

I understand one can strap oil cans full of premix to one's body to extend fuel range.

Installing rear Nomadic Rack on 300 to carry premix in Rotopax......but likely still out for this trip.....we'll see.....

Installing rear Nomadic Rack on 300 to carry premix in Rotopax......but likely still out for this trip.....we'll see.....

FYI you can easily carry 1 x 2 gal MSR dromedary bag filled with gas in each side of a Coyote bag. Or get the Wolfman tank panniers and carry fuel up there. That's what I did on our UT trip, each side holds about 1.4 gals.

No rack, no empty plastic Rotopax on your bike when you're done. Just roll up the MSR bladder, done.

That's what I did on our UT trip, each side holds about 1.4 gals.

I remember some guy with a shoe full of gasoline…who was that??

FYI you can easily carry 1 x 2 gal MSR dromedary bag filled with gas in each side of a Coyote bag. Or get the Wolfman tank panniers and carry fuel up there. That's what I did on our UT trip, each side holds about 1.4 gals.

No rack, no empty plastic Rotopax on your bike when you're done. Just roll up the MSR bladder, done.

Good idea/solution.....I'd be hesitant to put anything containing gas/oil inside my Coyote

Bought the rack a long time ago.....just never got around to installing it.....I want the rack to strap stuff down (jackets, etc)....

Looks like you could run the straps of the Coyote through the webbing straps of the bag and carry it on the exterior of the Coyote........just carry it high so you don't fall over on it :o:dead:

Pasta's "gas encounter" last weekend would cause me a bit of hesitation......at least you know the Rotopax can take a pounding without spilling......

Looks like you could run the straps of the Coyote through the webbing straps of the bag and carry it on the exterior of the Coyote........just carry it high so you don't fall over on it ohmy.gifdead.gif

Pasta's "gas encounter" last weekend would cause me a bit of hesitation......at least you know the Rotopax can take a pounding without spilling......

Yeah, I've had encounters with gas, but didn't get wet. Had a 300 miles day last summer into Oregon and carried the 4 liter in my backpack. Turned out the big tank would have made 300 miles, but had not need to worry. Anyway, rest up this week ( At Work ) and get your sorry ,,,to Ocotillo Wells Saturday. We can tow you out with my Ultra-Reliable 350.

laugh.gifdirol.gif

PS, Send my a PM when RJ gives you the Song and Dance about your Ultra-Reliable 350. I don't want to diminish the resale value of my bike.

PS, Send my a PM when RJ gives you the Song and Dance about your Ultra-Reliable 350.

I'd pay money to see a video of THAT song-and-dance!

I'll be its-agonna be a humdinger.

90 percent sure im in

Looks like I going to exercise my 10 % right to withdraw. Im rebuilding my motor and it doesn't look like it will be done. Sorry

90 percent sure im in

Looks like I going to exercise my 10 % right to withdraw. Im rebuilding my motor and it doesn't look like it will be done. Sorry

No worries --I will post more rides

I'm 100% in unless I get hit by a meteorite then I'm 73% in. I'm taking my son along. He's sort of a newb but should do OK. I'm prepping and packing both bikes so they should be good for st least 20 or 30 miles. I hope the kid is OK with just a space blanket on the dirt for the night.

CiD

Might need a bit more than a space blanket. The low for sat nite is going to be around 52 so that should be a good clue to where we are camping.

I am going to pass on the freeze dried meal and take a can of beef stew or something . I am also taking a fire log just incase we are in some dunes and can,t find any firewood. :unsure:

PS we will stop for supplys one or two hr,s before we set up camp.

Anyway, rest up this week ( At Work ) and get your sorry ,,,to Ocotillo Wells Saturday. We can tow you out with my Ultra-Reliable 350.

The mission statement for the 300XCW is not ~300 mile/overnight dualsport loops with camping gear :wacko: ......and, while I appreciate the offers, I'm not really interested in borrowing anyone's bike since the last one I rode blew up :o:dead:

I have a lot of chores I've been neglecting around the house :girl_devil: .......as they say on Shark Tank, "no deal.....I'm out" <_<

Have Fun! :bye::good:

I'm interested but cannot camp and stay the night. Grand Wizard Kug, could I head out with you guys and turn around at some point? I have lights and can ride back at night depending on route selected.

I'm interested but cannot camp and stay the night. Grand Wizard Kug, could I head out with you guys and turn around at some point? I have lights and can ride back at night depending on route selected.

Yes you can -but It might be a long day. How about trucking to OW then you have a nice warm truck to ride home in ?

Ken

I am loading the GPS maps,do I need Arizona, Nev as well as SoCal? Is 150 miles enough gas?

Dave

Bags--just CA will do. Yes 150 on the gas should be OK.