Socalmotorider

New to SDAR From Santee

Hello, Getting back in to dual sporting after selling my KTM last year and looking forward to doing some local rides. After searching for a new bike i ended up finding/buying a clean '04 DRZ400s so i will be looking at the calender and trying to join some local rides also i do a lot of mountain biking and try to stay involved and help dig/maintain trails when possible so not sure if there is a group here that does the same but don't mind getting dirty. Hope to talk and ride soon.

Chris Brown

Well, you are in the right place. Most weekends there are multiple different rides posted up here so join in and welcome back to the sport.

Welcome. Plenty of MTB and DRZ folks here and we maintain a few trails at Corral Canyon OHV so that'll happen when it cools down a bit. My goal is to get out there this year as I've been lazy about it.

Don't hesitate to post up a ride. Somebody will usually jump in.

Welcome- a DRZ will capably run 99% of the trails I ride

I live in Alpine so I'm right on the way to Corral, Lark, Jacumba or the desert

As trophy points out...its hot...like; Africa hot...no riding for me until it dips below 90

Watch "informal rides" and join in on a ride

Welcome to SDAR, Chris. I also ride a DRZ, but I've been doing more mountain biking in the last few months. I'll try posting a mountain bike ride in open discussion and see if generates any interest.

Welcome Chris, SDAR is a good group to know. Great bunch to ride with. I'm also in East Alpine ridiing a DRZ400. See you out there.

-Bob³

Welcome to the forums. Great bunch of people here. Lots of DRZs too. If we band together, the KTMs can't go around. :heh:/>

What?!?! You let pumpkins pass you?!?!

Well, you are in the right place. Most weekends there are multiple different rides posted up here so join in and welcome back to the sport.

Thank's i am very glad to be back and will keep a eye out.

Welcome. Plenty of MTB and DRZ folks here and we maintain a few trails at Corral Canyon OHV so that'll happen when it cools down a bit. My goal is to get out there this year as I've been lazy about it.

Don't hesitate to post up a ride. Somebody will usually jump in.

Thank you, I ride my mtb in Corral but have not had the Moto up there yet and will be in for doing some trail work for sure when it cool's down.

Welcome- a DRZ will capably run 99% of the trails I ride

I live in Alpine so I'm right on the way to Corral, Lark, Jacumba or the desert

As trophy points out...its hot...like; Africa hot...no riding for me until it dips below 90

Watch "informal rides" and join in on a ride

Thanks, And i am sure my bike can handle 99% of the trails but not sure if the rider can Haha And i agree it is pretty dam hot so maybe when it cool's down we can meet up for a local ride as i really am not familiar with many of the Moto trail but am thinking about going for a short ride tomorrow on the road as i only have about 10 mils on my new ride so far.

Welcome to SDAR, Chris. I also ride a DRZ, but I've been doing more mountain biking in the last few months. I'll try posting a mountain bike ride in open discussion and see if generates any interest.

Thank You, seem's like the DRZ's are a popular choice around here Lol which is a good thing and i have been mountain for a few years but have been slacking of the last few week's so am working my way back up to the 3-4 rides a week i was doing and am planning to ride PQ tomorrow at 7 a.m. but generally ride MTRP. E-Ticket/Fortuna or even break out the 8" bike and hit Noble,Nascar or my favorite night ride SJT if you ever want to join.

Welcome Chris, SDAR is a good group to know. Great bunch to ride with. I'm also in East Alpine ridiing a DRZ400. See you out there.

-Bob³

Thanks and look forward to it Bob.

Welcome to the forum. :party:/>/>

Thanks

Welcome from another DRZ rider. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks and hope to meet some of you as well (some being the keyword Haha j/k)

Drz rider here.

Also in Santee. I like just cruise fire roads though

Cool let me know i am fine with some fire roads and honestly bought my DRZ to possibly throw some bags on for a weekend trip here and there.

Welcome to the forums. Great bunch of people here. Lots of DRZs too. If we band together, the KTMs can't go around. :heh:/>

Haha funny chit and Thank's

welcome to SDAR.....with the temps HOPEFULLY cooling a little after this week, we may get more local riding in.......see you out there soon....