PastaPilot

Two Weeks Notice

Dropping my notice today.

Some of you know already but for the rest, I've been giving my life to a dead end job for almost 18 months.

I've been punching in at 530AM and clocking out at 8PM, 5 days a week for a measly $2500/mo nearly the entire time.

Not any more. This is what I got for them....

.l.. :scratch_one-s_head: ..l.

What am I going to do you ask.

I am taking most of October off to rest and of course, ride, alot, so be ready.

At the end of Oct. I take to the helm of one of these sweet machines.

1-private-jet.jpg

Needless to say, I can't wait.

I hope I can ride with eveybody next month, just PM me, I'll probably go with you.

Dropping my notice today.

At the end of Oct. I take to the helm of one of these sweet machines.

1-private-jet.jpg

Needless to say, I can't wait.

I hope I can ride with eveybody next month, just PM me, I'll probably go with you.

Nice new gig on the horizon.....enjoy Oct.

Seems like you got yourself a great job and a month off for riding!!! Great opportunity and good luck!!! :scratch_one-s_head:

Very Cool!!! Remember, change is opportunity! I once more than doubled my income in less than a year with two job changes. Good luck, and keep Charging foward.

Nice looking ride, how bout some specs. October is going to be great riding. Ken

Nice ride Jon!!! Is it a Piaggio? Beech? What??? If you're ever looking for a right-seater please gimme a call!

You'd think that they would pay the person at the controls of a million dollar plane accordingly!!

Godd luck with the new gig... I AM taking some extra mid week days off... plan something on a Wednesday, and I'll go...

suggestions...

Main Divide (got pulled away mid ride last time)

Anything near Vallet of the Moon- Never been

Ocotillo Wells- Did it last time alone, when hot- Didn't want to push it and end up in a compromising position...so i didn't put many miles in, but the slot was cool

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Buy a board, bags, and a surfboard rack and lets go looking for waves in Baja. You already have a great bike for Baja. :)

Well Done Jon ! I'm proud of you dude ! Sometimes you have to put in your time to take advantage of that stepping stone to something better. You did it man ! :) We'll get out there and tear it up next month for sure, just like the good old days ! :)

If you want to get Wednsday rides going, I have that day off usually. I rode today :) Congrats on getting a new job and some time off. I have a dead end retail job, but at least it's only a mile from my house, only 45 hours a week and has to do with fun stuff (fishing and hunting). Still, I wish to do better. Well, good luck and have some fun riding.

....Heres a flight simulator link so you dont get Rusty while your taking time off...

http://flightsimx.archive.amnesia.com.au/

Darnit - now why would you go and do that to a guy. By the way... anyone beat 110.388m? :):)

pplanelv9.jpg

I guess when I can't be riding, I gotta find some way to kill some time...

congrats bro, wish i could cut my job sometimes but you know us lifer types 5 more years and i'm done then its off to walmart :) or maybe i'll take up flying your my inspiration there. maybe go see that flying club over there at NI. but for now i've gotta finish these classes i'm taking you know for life after the NAV.

btw is that a private gig or corporate.

ed

There is a uniquely satisfying feeling the few seconds after when you tell your boss/company to get stuffed, one of the finer pleasures in life...unfortunately living indoors is also one of the finer pleasures in life, hope you do well at the new gig... I've been trying to carve time out from work to finish my private pilot lic., all I have left is the cross country and the check ride :) But I seem to be welded to my computer :)

Thanks for the well wishings all.

My new employer will be Avantair and the airplane is the Piaggio Avanti. I will be taking a step down in responsibility and serving as a First Officer. Although a step back (I guess) the pay is MUCH better. Base pay is $10000 more for my first year and next year I will easily double my current employers miserable salary. First year pilot salaries are always small because of initial training expenses. For example I have to sign a promissory note and one year contract worth $22,000. :)

Bikeslut,

The first airplane I flew was probably worth $300,000. $125,000 was in the engines alone. The real money was in the cargo. For instance a certain bank shipped there deposit checks in large orange fire proof bags. Each of these bags was insured for $500,000. The contents are worthless to you or I, but every branch in San Diego County had a bag. I remember a bag count of 36 for one particular flight. Can you say twelve million. There was additional bank mail on board perhaps another 40 or 50 mail bags, I just don't know the stats on those.

We have unfinished business East of Otay Mt. We'll finish that on an upcoming Wed.

Joliet,

stats to come.

Craig,

I don't surf, but maybe a day at Amago could work.

Pyro,

Let's Ride! It's been a long time.

Wow wee Kaw'ee, I suck at flying paper planes.

Chicken,

Hang in there bro, get your degree and get ready for retirement at 40.

Cam, I feel great, I'd feel better if I could've just walked out and didn't have to give 2 weeks notice.

Ahhhhh. Just a sigh of relief. Just finished my initial training for the Piaggio. It was a long stressful three weeks, but at least there was nice weather in Florida. Here's those specs that I promised long ago.

PERFORMANCE

Maximum Cruise Speed - 398 KTAS (458 mph) Mach .72

Rate of Climb - 2950 ft/min

CEILING - 41,000 ft

Maximum Range - 1,800 miles

ENGINES - Two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-66B, 1630 Thermodynamic HP each, flat rated at 850 SHP

Maximum Take-Off Weight - 12,100 lbs

Maximum Seating Capacity - 9 + 2 crew

Going to be back in SD for the next few days for sure possibly a week. If any of you are out there let me know and we'll get a ride planned up quick. I'm really looking forward to being back in beautiful San Diego and riding with you gents again.

See y'all soon ( :rolleyes: too much time in the South)

Here's another picture for those interested.

Cover3.jpg

One more

efficency.jpg

interiorsbusiness2.jpg

Cool! :lol: Glad things are working out for you :lol: I learned hot to fly a little Cesna at age 19, and never tried it again, it was always a lot of fun! Too expensive if it's not your line of work... :rolleyes:

Nice Jon! Ids this a private or Corporate plane for somebody (maybe some cool Rock Star perhaps :rolleyes: ), or will you be in the shipping businness?

Can't wait to hear all about the new gig...

efficency.jpg

Hey.. someone got the cockpit and tail reversed !!!! :rolleyes:

Nice Jon! Ids this a private or Corporate plane for somebody (maybe some cool Rock Star perhaps :rolleyes: ), or will you be in the shipping businness?

Can't wait to hear all about the new gig...

Avantair is the fastest growing of what are called "fractional ownership" operations. Net Jets is the largest and most well known of the fractionals. Fractionals are just like a time share agreement with a condo. Instead of buying the airplane outright for 5.5 mil you buy a share in the bird for a lot less.

We operate all over the US (except Hawaii), Mex, Canada and the Carribean. I have heard stories of a few big time names on the owner list. I'd rather not name names directly but one of them is "wasting away in margheritaville" and the other we helped "escape from new york" with "Private Benjamin", I can't wait to meet some others.

Let's Ride,

Jon

I'd rather not name names directly but one of them is "wasting away in margheritaville" and the other we helped "escape from new york" with "Private Benjamin", I can't wait to meet some others.

:rolleyes: Uhh Muhh GAWD!!!

Nice Work!