Afry

2 day lobster run 6/22-23 report

What a great trip! Great weather, great times, and great company(even the Yankees from up north). We seemed to lose and gain riders as we went- but everyone made it home safe. Jozef (thanks for the Paprika!) got lost on the way to my house on Friday and met usat the border after spending the night in San Ysidro (yikes) so I think we had 12 at that point. After lunch he wasn't feeling well so he split north with Sondra on her Ducati who came just for the lunch ride. She had taken a wrong turn in traffic on the way down and went the long way to Puerto Neuvo but knew where we were eating so she found us. So then we were 10 - Mike decided the sand wastoo much and turned around at Ojos Negros which is the smart move when feeling overwhelmed. Sad thing is the trail got easier right after he left - oh well. Then there were 9 till the end.

After arriving at Rancho Santa Veronica and downing thefirst couple beers most took a swim (bath?) in the pool which was refreshing tosay the least.

Marcus bought a bottle of some of the finest tequila (Fogenero?) I've ever tried. He even had some left for a toast on top of Otaymtn the next day. Diner was welcomed and we watched "Dust to Glory on thebig screen in the bar which we had all to ourselves.

In the morning we had a tasty breakfast brunch (No sure butI think Marcus likes his Menudo) and we hit the road to the border. Tried tostop at the Tecate brewery (is there a theme here?) for tasters but it isclosed on Sunday.

Even though two of us had no passports and mine was expired(I grabbed the wrong one from home) we all made it through without body cavitysearches - some were disappointed....

Off through Dulzura and Otay Mtn with a tequila toast up ontop courtesy of Marcus. We then tried to grab a burger and .....wait forit.....beer at Brody"s but it to was closed as well as the Greek Sombrero(didn't make that up) we settled at TGI Fridays for food and refreshments.Everyone said their good byes and hit the road for home - need to do this againsoon!

And a big thanks to poquito Todd for riding dirty (sweep) the whole trip!

Finally!

PN.jpg

Lunch

Lunch.jpg

On the road again!

Coast.jpg

Ben and his Suzuki losing parts WHAAAAT? And yes that is a DL1000

DL1000.jpg

Todd and his mighty SE - thanks for running sweep!

Sweeper.jpg

More trouble makers

Crew.jpg

Two of my favorite bikes....

525.jpg

Here's an eclectic mix of bikes...

Mix.jpg

Scott and Aram waiting patiently...

Border.jpg

Great Trip

Otay.jpg

Bryan posted this link on the other thread for pics - http://www.californi...c.php?f=4&t=422

Nice! Would like to make the next day trip down

It really is a day trip for us but we had riders from San Luis Obispo and Huntington Beach so the party was on!

Awesome report and great pics Arnie!! Sorry I missed this one............again!!

one morning ill just show up at your door step and say "Lets go" :)

You found better Tequila then Shampoo?????

Sorry i bailed, but maybe too far from home (1,600 miles for me) and too "rustic" of an environment for my experience level...so maybe next time. Had a nice easy cruise back to SD with surprisingly light traffic.

BTW, It's easier to be brave in the sand with 4 wheels and a roll cage!:

Hey Arnie, gotta tell you it was the perfect two day relaxing ride I was looking for

. I got a flat 1/4 mile from home. So I'm guessing the KLR is too heavy to keep the tire presure low

. It was a blowout that ripped over 1/3 of the tube in half.

Lost my GoPro case some where leaving SantaVeronica. Good thing I forgot to put the camera in.

Had a slight case of Monti's revenge. But I'm good to go.

It was great meeting some great riders and having some great food and beers.

Most def have to do that again some time.

And i found out that those 990's can fly.....Good times.Thanks for all the logistics and planning Arnie.

Got some vid I'll post up once I edit.

Ah, good stuff. Looks like a fine time was had by all.

I really hated to miss this but I was waxing my dolphin or something like that.

Nice photos!

Thanks Arnie for putting this ride together. It was a fun ride. I lost my ride buddy at the border crossing. I think he crossed at the Ride Ready lane and I didn't know if you needed a passport card so I kept moving over. I waited awhile but never saw him.

post-13968-030587600 1372297076_thumb.jp

post-13968-009548600 1372297090_thumb.jp

post-13968-092306800 1372297098_thumb.jp

post-13968-052495600 1372297118_thumb.jp

post-13968-046841900 1372297131_thumb.jp