Always talk of bike weight. Wondered about the weight we ride with. The stuff we carry on our person... Boots, helmie, pads, packs, tools anything we carry not attached to the bike.

Now that I've checked, I wished I didn't know.

post-14596-018385600 1371569293_thumb.jp

post-14596-075310900 1371569381_thumb.jp

Yesterdays ride. I'll keep this report down to more pics than words.

67, Ramona, S2

post-14596-018192400 1371569602_thumb.jp

78, secret squirrel Bagster Anza Loop

2 things to avoid in the desert..

post-14596-052416700 1371569832_thumb.jp

post-14596-021830200 1371569897_thumb.jp

The tire had some threads starting to show... That's where the good traction starts!

post-14596-047554900 1371570086_thumb.jp

post-14596-081711500 1371570186_thumb.jp

It's not hot out here or anything....

post-14596-033606500 1371570358_thumb.jp

Julian, Sunrise Pine Valley

What's going on behing you at 60 mph? This on Sunrise Hwy

post-14596-018899000 1371570560_thumb.jp

Corral, McCain

post-14596-067560800 1371570730_thumb.jp

post-14596-068048100 1371570862_thumb.jp

Mobile refuel

post-14596-027035300 1371570988_thumb.jp

94, Otay, 54, Home

post-14596-076198300 1371571120_thumb.jp

post-14596-034714000 1371571231_thumb.jp

360 miles on the clock all said and done.

Saw camels, turkeys, a bazillion cows, a coyote attempting to drag a destroyed deer off the road but NOT one person in the desert. Desert rides in the summer are like night rides. Ya got it all to yourself!

The microphone explodes shattering the the molds...

Thanks for posting this nice write up, with some fine photos.

Great riding, right in our backyards...

The property you pictured on Maroon Valley Road is close to 10 acres, with a 5 room house listed at $275k. I think it was bid up higher.

Thanks for posting this nice write up, with some fine photos.

Great riding, right in our backyards...

Absolutely. Just a reminder that we do have it all. Even camels

SV,

glad u did the peso scale thing...everytime I carry my gear bag, Im thinking about how much that dang thing weighs and most of that goes onto my all ready HD frame.

I all ready did my bike wet weight ready to race weight...that was scary enough, with all the low ball numbers that the OEM claims.

PS Boots for sure are the heaviest moto item ( camelbacks are heavy too but those are ancilliary), I just know that those Pro racers with custom made boots from the sponsor OEM are prob 1/2 the weight of ours.

Still for me (not for U Vic) and most of us, the biggest gross weight race weight savings would be my tank arse back down to 185-190......instead of 210.

Nice racing slick by the way!! Your seat time/moto mileage is noteworthy!! RN

I see a new theme developing here.

Ride reports with RATM lyrics thrown in. :good:

We are the force of another creation

Nice pics Vic!

Hey, I have a couple of rear 18s with about +/- 1/2 tread on them and looking for a good home if you are interested?? I hate tossing them, but will likely not use them...

Rob: I think I'll save some weight by riding in my reef sandals. Maybe I'll debut that system at Big Bear. Keep ur eyes open for it. That tire and a set of sandals sounds like a winning combo for the hardways!

Jon/John (sp?): You nailed it. I'm trying to find my theme on here and I think I'll run with the music thing for a minute. CID already has the covered thing...well ya know. COVERED

The property you pictured on Maroon Valley Road is close to 10 acres, with a 5 room house listed at $275k. I think it was bid up higher.

I'll buy it with good looks! Wait, don't have of that either. That place is tight for sure.

Nice pics Vic!

Hey, I have a couple of rear 18s with about +/- 1/2 tread on them and looking for a good home if you are interested?? I hate tossing them, but will likely not use them...

What!!!!??? In SicVics world of clapty, the tire I'm using IS 1/2 worn/or 1/2 new. Thanks for offering those up but I really wouldn't know how to ride if I had a tire that actually stuck. I ride the slide. It would be like me writing a post with proper spelling rather than my wack semi-invented langwage.

LIKE button for this entire thread and all the comments added.

Reef it aint awwl about surfing anymore!!

Vic that 2nd pic is me after I lost 40 lbs I carried with all the time ,even when I not ready for riding. That plus a 430 lb bike with gear no tools = 680 lbs.

with all your gear, you weight the same as I do!

to all... I've offered Vic tires; he assures me he LIKES riding with a handicap (other than the mental one)

I know he purchased A LOT of gear for his Conquest de IdaHO, so it's not a money issue... i think it is just "his thing"; scroungy vet, with a camo bike, and bald tires

with all your gear, you weight the same as I do!

to all... I've offered Vic tires; he assures me he LIKES riding with a handicap (other than the mental one)

I know he purchased A LOT of gear for his Conquest de IdaHO, so it's not a money issue... i think it is just "his thing"; scroungy vet, with a camo bike, and bald tires

Standing on the street corner with my sign "will work for moto tire"

All of you! dont wind up the rattlesnake. Let him remain in his coil......I have all ready thought about how much faster/smoother/in control/ the Sickness would be on---for example a KTM 350XCF-W with all the proper fixens...or even my 2011 TE310 in all its glory.

Even with SVs chosen, less than optimum gear for the specific task at hand, I still cant think of terrain or situations that really phase the guy (U). Hey after all its only motorcycle riding, it aint....well alot of other pursuits that are far more dangerous and deadly.

SicVic hope to see you on the trail again soon, bald tires and long hair with the fly low under radar Kammo Kato!!

Nice pics Vic!

What!!!!??? In SicVics world of clapty, the tire I'm using IS 1/2 worn/or 1/2 new. Thanks for offering those up but I really wouldn't know how to ride if I had a tire that actually stuck. I ride the slide. It would be like me writing a post with proper spelling rather than my wack semi-invented langwage.

Slide on, my Brotha...

All of you! dont wind up the rattlesnake. Let him remain in his coil......

SicVic hope to see you on the trail again soon, bald tires and long hair with the fly low under radar Kammo Kato!!

oh hell... now you are starting to sound like him. What's with all the gibberish you guys are blathering on about? Can't no one construct no decent sentences no more?

oh hell... now you are starting to sound like him. What's with all the gibberish you guys are blathering on about? Can't no one construct no decent sentences no more?

Dont you have a Sea lion to milk or something?

I figured they had just hit their heads <_<