A few of us are still members, or used to be members, of the Red Hot Riders motorcycle club. A street/sport bike club here in San Diego. They meet the second Wed of each month at Giovanni's (Ruffin and Clairmont Mesa).

Next week they'll be having a guest speaker that will be of interest to the SDAR community. Sheriff’s Reserve Lt. Conklin has led the department’s Off-Road Enforcement Team (ORET) for over 15 years – as a volunteer. I was told that any/all SDAR members are invited to attend as good/friendly/diplomatic Dual Sport Ambassadors. This isn't the place to bitch about getting tickets for non DOT tires......let's be respectful to both the Red Hot Riders (for the invitation) and to Reserve Lt. Conklin (for agreeing to come to the meeting as a guest speaker)......let's hear what the man has to say....let's show him by our example that the dual sport community is not a bunch of hooligans.......I'll probably ride over after work on the VStrom.

Here's the info I was sent on the speaker:

We all know the “rules of the road” pretty well, being avid motorcyclists that tolerate four-wheeled vehicles as and when necessary. But do you know the rules of the “off-road?” Charlie Conklin does. Sheriff’s Reserve Lt. Conklin has led the department’s Off-Road Enforcement Team (ORET) for over 15 years – as a volunteer! He’s spent more than 6,000 hours in the desert near Ocotillo Wells keeping the fun safe. He’s trained in or an instructor for 4-wheel drive, trailering, quad, dual-sport motorcycles and dune buggies. You might have seen a recent local news story on ORET

).

Join us June 12th to hear all about the rules of the “off-road” from a true expert!

Sounds good....thanks for posting. If I am not out of town for work I will be there.

Sorry to miss this one. RHR are a good group of folk.

Cool, thanks for the invite, I should be able to make it. See ya.

Bump/Reminder........meeting is TOMORROW night.....same drill as our meetings.......dinner at 6pm followed by guest speaker at 7pm.....

Bump/Reminder........meeting is TOMORROW night.....same drill as our meetings.......dinner at 6pm followed by guest speaker at 7pm.....

If you are going I can bring your toaster...

If you are going I can bring your toaster...

I'll be there......on my bike......hold onto the toaster for now.....

Not sure if I can be there in time....have crisis at work.

i want to go to this but im helping my dad move some stuff at home. kinda butthurt cause id love to hear what he has to say. can anyone video or audio record it?

all hell broke loose at work, got out of there zoomed over to Giovannis, and now I'm standing outside the wrong Giovanni's. I'm calling this a wash. sorry to flake out.

Gios @ Ruffin & Clairemont...