cardiffchris

corral canyon volcano?

post-633-1189634757_thumb.jpglooks like the east county is on fire again. from my roof i can see a smoke plume that looks like a volcano.

seems to be south of pine valley by my perspective.

news says corte madera area. south of hwy 8

300 to 600 acres in one hour. burning east

:D Oh BUMMER! As if last years fire wasn't enough. I wonder if an "international traveler" accidently let a camp fire get away from them. At the rate things are going, soon there won't be any place pretty, left to ride in that area :D :hysteric: :mega_shok:

Just rode by there. I helped call it in this morning and had to go back to town.

The fire started near corte madera and has burned into Bear Valley OHV. Seem to be moving east kinda fast. Hopefully the can stop it before it crosses I-8 or even worse, heads towards casa carguy.

Oh Geez, not again !! Carguy, hope it doesn't move your way. Good luck.

I'm working in Vegas so won't get the local until I'm home Friday.

I saw the smoke cloud coming up the 8 all the way down in Plaster City. Its still 111* down in the desert and now it looks like Pine Valley will be shut down for a long time.... Too Bad. Aside from the inconveniences, Hope they get it out so no homes and humans get into jeopardy.

JOHN...Give a yell if things get sticky. I have a trailer and I know you do too.

100_0865.jpg

100_0868.jpg

100_0871.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_0875.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

That fire must be getting worse. I could see the big cloud of smoke from out in the watter in Carlsbad at about 6.00 p.m <_< .

The 6:30 news said it was not moving in a threatening direction and they expect to begin containment tomorrow.

There's actually another one down south near Otay Mountain, but it looks smaller...

CALL IF YOU NEED HELP JOHN!!! I'm minutes away <_<

Thanks all,

There is another fire in Mexico south of tecate. One 10miles north and south. :D

Sure glad I called my insurance agent today. <_<

Thanks all,

There is another fire in Mexico south of tecate. One 10miles north and south. :D

Sure glad I called my insurance agent today. <_<

Well as long as you and your neighbors are alright. We don't want to read a post about Carguys unplanned BBQ :D

Had to go and take another look, lots of red glowing sky tonight.

Seems to be burning all of Bear valley, looks like near the helo pad now. If it comes south there is a good fire break from the last fire.

Flew over the fire(s) tonight. From my estimates a good portion of our trail (Kernan) is toasted.

It was big and bright, after sunset I could see the orange glow of the fire over Temecula at 10,000'.

I only hope they can contain it tomorrow.

The other fire was East of Tecate and looked like it was on our side of the border.

Jon

Here's a GEOmac map from 9/13/07 a.m. showing the two local fires (orange burned, red burning). The green hashed out areas are previous burn areas.

post-101-1189694319_thumb.jpg

I got off a little early yesterday and when I got onto the the 94 I saw the cloud when it looked like a mushroom from a nuke that went off.

Not sure what the status of the fire-fighting efforts are at this time but am hoping nobody gets hurt.

John; If your place ever gets threatened you know you can call me. I have plenty of room and a safe haven for the girls and storage for your stuff.

I can get a trailer and get out there to load up on fairly short notice.

Same goes for any SDAR members as well!

Aaron

The closest near the border is out and the Pine fire is mostly contained, some relief. :blink:

Updated burn perimeter, 9/15/07

Looks like the used Bear Valley Road as a fire break. Torn wide with a dozer no doubt... :D

post-101-1189890328_thumb.jpg

Pine Fire 100% contained. :D

Way too many others burning up all our riding areas.

Please be careful out there. :D