Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

FRACK!

You know how, when you are a kid, and you ask for the GI Joe with the helicopter, and you open the present, and it's the GI Joe! And you're totally excited, then you look closer, and it's the one with the dune buggy... and you're crushed... but; being raised right, and seeing the silver lining, you smile and say thank you, and play with it, and just wish the buggy could fly, but that's lame... buggy's don't fly; HELICOPTERS fly dang it...

Now, you're reading this and saying, "you've lost your mind, what does this have to do with anything"

After numerous attempts to pickup/deliver one Husqvarna TE510, it finally happened last night. I know the guy selling it, and he assured me it was in pristine condition, 1000 miles, just back from it's second service, plenty of life on the almost new tires... perfect... The truck backs up to my house, and so I yell to my wife to get the checkbook ready... slut has a new bike for the stable...

i go out to the truck, and see the bike also has a set of 17" rims with street rubber, currently mounted on the bike... but as I look around, I don't see a set of dirt wheels... Uh... Daniel... it's supposed to be a TE, I've been saying that all along... he says "I've been saying SM... I think"

FRACK! It gets worse... he already purchased a SM610, counting on the funds for the 510... he's screwed... I don't need an SM, I'm dangerous enough on the dirt...

So, realizing we both were to blame, we left it like this... he took the SM home. He was giving me a great deal ($5400), and he thinks he can get more selling it privately. If it doesn't sell in two weeks, i told him I would buy it, and figure out what it takes to convert it... I figure I can make the wheels a wash, but have to look at the front brake mount to see if I can put a dirt rotor on it.

I need a hug

Double FRACK!!

A friend of Schwinn's has a Husky SM450. He was looking for dirt rims for it but found that the front caliper mounts were entirely different, thusly making the casting for the lower fork tube entirely different than the TE.

Schwinn may be able to clarify or get an update on dirtying up the SM bike.

I think you may be out of Fracks.

Double FRACK!!

A friend of Schwinn's has a Husky SM450. He was looking for dirt rims for it but found that the front caliper mounts were entirely different, thusly making the casting for the lower fork tube entirely different than the TE.

Schwinn may be able to clarify or get an update on dirtying up the SM bike.

I think you may be out of Fracks.

Well... the 450 and the 510 are identical except for stroke if I'm not mistaken... Well then, IF I end up with it, i'll just post it for sale. I can take the financial hit better than he can, I think...

but what an awesome looking bike!

If I don't end up with it, I think I'll just spend some money on some suspension updates to my DRZ, and maybe some base gasket/cam work... Oh yeah... and I guess I have to fix the flat now.

FLICK!

Thanks... it's not going to happen.

I'm not going to leave my buddy hangin', ... if i end up "buying" it, i'm going to turn right around and sell it...

so... new springs, front and back, for the DRZ are on order...

Thanks to you guys for your support...

Joilet always has great advice, caliper cannot be moved, my friends name is mitch and he is very well known at our local husky shop in escondido (moto forza) its turning out to being way to expensive to do it,but for now I gave him my stock triple trees with stem brand new that I took off myCRF 450 before I rode it. We are hoping to find some fork tubes at north county cycle salvage.

SMR also has less suspension travel and different gearing(as read in my owners manual)than the TE. Wahhh :mega_shok: :hysteric: I'm sad for you, too!

I need a hug

:hysteric:

Don't give up yet Bob! There are more deals out there for you, you just have to be patient :mega_shok: On the other hand, as fast as you are on the DRZ, I can't imagine trying to keep up with you on one of those sexy Euro models.

Good luck pal...

Buck up Bob. Things will fall into place. Like Rob said "patience" is needed. For me having cash ready helps when a good deal pops up. :mega_shok:

Thanks for the hugs everybody...

Now... suspension, HP adds, and a way to lose 50 pounds... uh... the bike, not me :mega_shok:

But... the cash is in hand if it comes up again. I was actually preferring the 450, due to it's ability to rev quicker (based on what I read), so I'll keep an eye out.

SCHWINN- This bike was bought from moto forza (or whatever) Daniel has a bro that works there, so it may actually get listed from that shop.

Now... suspension, HP adds,

Bob, does this mean you're finally going to fix that rattley pipe of yours?

"But... the cash is in hand if it comes up again. I was actually preferring the 450, due to it's ability to rev quicker (based on what I read), so I'll keep an eye out."

It was meant to be! You'll find your 450 and have a revvin' good time when you do. :mega_shok:

I have not tested the 510, buy my understanding is that the TE450 reves faster as it's shorter stroke than the TE510. So in a way it acts more like a two stroke cross bike, if that's what you like. I used to have a 2 stroke KTM300EXC prior to getting my TE450. The KTM300EXC, trying it back to back with the TE450, felt lighter, but there was not much difference on the response. The TE450 is a lot of fun, like a wild horse, but yet very controlable linear power. It's not for everyone. I like it myself a lot! I allowed Joaquin to ride my TE450 while I rode his DRZ400 for a few miles up to Mike's Sky Rancho. He told me he felt my husky to be too responsive, powerful, and loud, so he was more comfortable with his DRZ400. Suprisingly I did not feel his DRZ400 too heavy (although I know it is heavier), it was smooth, gentle, and I kind of relaxed, but immediately missed my TE450's adrenaline factor!!!

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Save your cash and wait for the 700cc F.I. E start, water cooled, four valve, alluminum frame class dominating, bullet proof Honda to be released after it smokes the the competition at the Baja 1000 in November. :mega_shok:

Save your cash and wait for the 700cc F.I. E start, water cooled, four valve, alluminum frame class dominating, bullet proof Honda to be released after it smokes the the competition at the Baja 1000 in November. :mega_shok:

Whom is riding the new 700 Honda in the Baja?

You know how, when you are a kid, and you ask for the GI Joe with the helicopter... HELICOPTERS fly dang it...

Be careful what you ask for...

p9140149e.jpg

(I can't believe you let Bikeslut off so easily on this thread after dangling the word "helicopter" right in your faces!! :mega_shok: )

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Save your cash and wait for the 700cc F.I. E start, water cooled, four valve, alluminum frame class dominating, bullet proof Honda to be released after it smokes the the competition at the Baja 1000 in November. :D

Whom is riding the new 700 Honda in the Baja?

Its a rumor that the motor in Hondas new class dominating 700cc four wheeler will end up in a Baja 1000 race bike and then in a street legal dual sport bike. There are a lot of guys like myself that are praying nightly for this bike to be released. If anybody is capable of building it, Honda is! <_<

Its a rumor that the motor in Hondas new class dominating 700cc four wheeler will end up in a Baja 1000 race bike and then in a street legal dual sport bike. There are a lot of guys like myself that are praying nightly for this bike to be released. If anybody is capable of building it, Honda is! :D

I thought maybe they were linking 3 of those new CRF230L motors together? <_<

Sorry for the hijack. Good luck on finding a Husky, bikeslut. Don't go drinking the orange kool-aid in a moment of desperation!

Now... suspension, HP adds,

Bob, does this mean you're finally going to fix that rattley pipe of yours?

:D ...maybe... :D

No... I fixed that the next day.

You know how, when you are a kid, and you ask for the GI Joe with the helicopter... HELICOPTERS fly dang it...

p9140149e.jpg

(I can't believe you let Bikeslut off so easily on this thread after dangling the word "helicopter" right in your faces!! :D )

We missed you Craig... you been lurking, or away?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

p9140149e.jpg

(I can't believe you let Bikeslut off so easily on this thread after dangling the word "helicopter" right in your faces!! :D )

We missed you Craig... you been lurking, or away?

Surfing every day. And only riding to the beach.

Sorry mallet... wrong Craig...

glad to have you back though...

been looking at your Mexico surf/ride trips. Maybe once I get the 08 budgets done (Tuesday) I can break free for one. I will be taking my truck down, though, as I don't anticipate getting a board rack for my drz any time soon. With my truck I can take my kayak, my bike, my boards and coolers. The kayak is great for when the waves suck, or when you want to fish. Kayaking a 2 foot wave on a sit on top tandem is actually funner than riding it on a long board, for me...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

been looking at your Mexico surf/ride trips. Maybe once I get the 08 budgets done (Tuesday) I can break free for one. I will be taking my truck down, though, as I don't anticipate getting a board rack for my drz any time soon. With my truck I can take my kayak, my bike, my boards and coolers. The kayak is great for when the waves suck, or when you want to fish. Kayaking a 2 foot wave on a sit on top tandem is actually funner than riding it on a long board, for me...

Have you ever used your kayak to fish for lobster with hoop nets. Thats mostly what I use mine for. I used to hoop with my longboard but it was kinda sketchy being out in the water on a board at night with the seals swiming under you and all.

You gotta get a rack, BRO. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Going across the boarder is nice in a truck but on the way back it takes way too long. On a bike with surfboard, wetsuit, wife and all her gear, I can ride from Rosarito to P.B. in an hour.