SICVIC

Rides not posted

Just hit my second year since joining the site. A positive experience in many ways.

As you go along you kinda find a direction that works for you and then migrate to others with the likes.

Touring, MXers, Vintage (bikes and age) Multiple steeds in the stable, Weekend Warriors, Noobs and Vets; list could go on and on. Every person loves and supports the sport of Motorcycling at its core.

The pot of knowledge is filled with opinions, facts, home brew, ole school, nu school, my way, your way, the highway... Whats nice is that you can just reach in and take out what works for you.

In the two years I've found the type of riding that I enjoy. Since I have not ridden a lot of places or with hundreds of others I can only give a basic description based on where I've been.

On to my point of posting.

I'm looking to occasionally ride Corral with someone who enjoys the Black Diamond runs as much as the frequently used main trails. I think these rides normally go un-posted or stay in the Bro Click.

I like Corral, I enjoy the trek over from Pine Valley, multiple runs through the posted Black Diamond stuff is a bonus. I'm a newer rider, I'm not fast, I like to laugh and I enjoy crashing....no that's not right. Enjoy laughing about the crash afterwards, that's it!

(I feel like this is sort of an application...)

If there comes a day when you wake up and say: Think I'll ride 80 miles at Corral, hit Ranger in both directions twice, then do laps up and down Bronco Peak please mail me! I ride Mon-Fri, weekends I reserve for the Boss.

Put SicVic in ur rolodex if this sounds like you.

Thanks SDAR for a kick ars 2 years!

I ride Mon-Fri, weekends I reserve for the Boss.

Nice schedule.... :rolleyes::coolio::smile_anim:

I'm a newer rider, I'm not fast,

You aren't slow either....rode with you once and all I saw was the back of your KTM - when you were stopped laugh.gif

You are right this club is the best deal going for all types of riders and riding in SD County - Thank you SDAR and it's peeps. I've met many a good guy (and gal) here and the fun just keeps going and going.

I ride Mon-Fri, weekends I reserve for the Boss.

Nice schedule.... :rolleyes:/> :coolio:/> :smile_anim:/>

I've a good Boss!

I'm a newer rider, I'm not fast,

You aren't slow either....rode with you once and all I saw was the back of your KTM - when you were stopped laugh.gif

You are right this club is the best deal going for all types of riders and riding in SD County - Thank you SDAR and it's peeps. I've met many a good guy (and gal) here and the fun just keeps going and going.

What! I stopped??? Must have been one of my crashes that I quickly cover up and make it "look" like a stop.

I hear ya with the "clique" thing.

Normally I'd be out there every other week at least one day. With all the unemployment time on my hands I can't seem to find any money to buy gas and go riding with. Hopefully soon.

Jon

Normally I'd be out there every other week at least one day. With all the unemployment time on my hands I can't seem to find any money to buy gas and go riding with. Hopefully soon.

Jon

This is a new world my friend. All you need are credit cards now-a-days. I'm on the credit card, free medical, chapter 11 sponsorship program. The real grit comes at the end when its time to bite the bullet cuz lifes finally got ya cornered!

A bad plan is better than no plan at all. (they say)

Best a luck on that job thang.

Are you trying to say " Clique " Your best shots for riding weekdays are with Bagster...Great rider and knowledge of trails.

Secret rides are formed with people that have knowledge of peoples skills ahead of time. Also people that keep maintenance up on their bikes is a plus and can work on their own bikes in a crisis on the trail like a flat repair.

Some peeps show UP with flat tires OR NO GAS. They didn't even check before they left the garage. :angry:/>

There are some great folks on this site that do NOOB rides and I love these peoples patience that take the time to get everyone along on the ride to have a great experience.

Jon

This is a new world my friend. All you need are credit cards now-a-days. I'm on the credit card, free medical, chapter 11 sponsorship program. The real grit comes at the end when its time to bite the bullet cuz lifes finally got ya cornered!

A bad plan is better than no plan at all. (they say)

Best a luck on that job thang.

sponsored by team Repo and king stahlman bail bonds! As long as you can ride faster than the repo man, you are still sponsored!

seriously, most of the masochists ride weekends...

On to my point of posting............................................................................................

I'm still not sure I got your point... you want to ride weekdays, at a good pace, with good people?

You're right... I need to start riding Mondays again

(3 out of 4 ain't bad)

as for fast... you know full well, within the boundaries of SDAR you are considered a fast guy. Patient with slower riders for sure, and handy with a wrench when needed. Don't paint yourself as some muppet that just learned to ride... you have ridden stuff on a bicycle that would have me crying in the corner, and I raced BMX. You are a VERY good rider Vic.

I didn't make it out to Jacumba yesterday, let me check the weather for Next Monday and plan something?

I love Muppets! Ahhnahhhmulll....

YES Monday is a great idea; I'll break you off like a little girl!!!!

Did I really say that??? Of course I ment; I'd really enjoy getting out there to see the sights with you Bob. Ya know, take in the nature and stuff.

My defense; I said "I'm not fast". Didn't say I was slow. I reside in that dangerous grey in the middle.

Hope you can make it happen. Always a good time.

Thanks man.

LIKE :good:/>

There are some great folks on this site that do NOOB rides and I love these peoples patience that take the time to get everyone along on the ride to have a great experience.

True that!;)/>

animal.jpeg

Vic is that you?

Catch you on the trail (well I don't know about catch, maybe see you on the trail... occasionally..)

Actually, one night I'd love to swing by your place and check out your Squadron light if I could. You're just down the road from my mom's house.

He and I share the same branch on the Family Tree!!!

Heck yeah Tim come on by. Here every evening by 5 for sure.

Glad you got your brake issue sorted in time for the ride this past weekend too.

That photo of you with all your warpaint (dust)was tight! Well done.

Hope to see you soon.

Vic

Vic, I would be happy to introduce you to a klick of hard-core guys who ride Tecate every weekend. I have ridden with you also and you did not go down the trail at a leisurely pace that's for sure.

Hey SICVIC,

I'm in! Not sure I've got 80 miles in me, but we typically spend most of our rides on the more technical parts of Corral (with some breather runs thrown in...), and I could stand to up my game a bit. Biggest issue for me is i'm typically a M-F 8-6 desk jockey (not complaining... too much. Just a simple truth), so we do most of our riding on the weekends. I am not opposed to playing hookie though!

I'll see if I can find a hookie day here in the next couple of weeks. I'll give you a good 3-4 days notice and we'll see if we can work something out...

Your reputation in the forums preceeds you... I'm willing to take my place as a SICVIC-tim!

Happy trails!

Chad

P.S. Altho the Boss has the weekends, you and any other SDAR brothers and sisters are welcome to join us on our weekend rides... No "Bro-Clique" here. I just need to be more active here in the forums.

Definitely will ride with you again vic, I also mainly ride during the week but been prefering McCain recently but want to ride both Corral and McCain each week when my hand gets better after last weekend, and for Corral I normally stage at 4 corners and focus on the fun stuff rather the mileage getting in from pine valley but we can sort something out.