Goofy Footer

Possible Laguna Hanson 3/16 or 3/17

I'd like to do a one day strike to Laguna Hanson (there and back) next weekend, 3/16 or 3/17. Leave SF, head to Santa Veronica, down the trail, then cut over to the Laguna Hanson trail, up the hills, to the lake, refuel/food at Saw Mill then loop back around and up to Santa Veronica. I "think" I have legit gps tracks haha. I'll be paying attention to the Tree, SteveDaDevo, Slagnado trip to SF this weekend for updates on road conditions.

Any tips for this route?

3b7e_4a4d.jpg?c=a72d

post-14322-065113500 1362716150_thumb.pn

Depending on how this San Felipe goes this weekend, I might be down to go with you.

Very cool Steve. It look like only rain on Friday March 8th so hopefully it doesn't dump too much on you tomo and the trails won't be too muddy come next weekend.

Mabey as I am going on the BMW ride the weekend after.

I am leading a hike on the 16 but could go on the 17. But only if you get a early start. And weather permiting.

Mabey -Mabey !!

Sunday 8 at the Tecate Quick Mart ??

I'm in. Either Saturday or Sunday. If anyone wants to break off at the Saw Mill gas stop and continue on to Mikes Sky Ranch for the night, I would be up for that as well.

As far as the cutoff from Compadre to the Laguna Hansen trail, KKug has a really good route. I would get his.

Do you Baja travelers carry Mexican insurance?

I bought a one-day policy for my truck on our lobster drive yesterday. $15/day for the policy, $12 origination fee. $27 is certainly worth the peace of mind. I'll be buying a policy for my bike the next time I go down for more than a day, I was really just worried about the truck seeing as it's not paid off.

Do you Baja travelers carry Mexican insurance?

I do for my 800 but not for my dirtbike. Why I don,t know ?? :wacko:

What is the riding level on this route? Is there a lot of sand? Please describe, thanks!

No but their are some short sand whoop sections.1-2 miles total.

What is the riding level on this route? Is there a lot of sand? Please describe, thanks!

tvscum.......Ken is right on, the sand sections are short. Plus it's not the really deep stuff you would see at Ocotillo. Trust me, if it was really bad sand, you wouldn't see me going on the ride. I hate sand and sand hates me. Whatever your ability is in sand, I will make you look good by comparison.

If this is a Sunday deal I'm in as well.

Bruce, I can do Sunday+Monday..

I am out. Just found out I have to help my niece move on Sunday. Might do a quick local ride Saturday. Have fun and be safe down there! Bring a passport. Cheers.

If this is a Sunday deal I'm in as well.

Bruce, I can do Sunday+Monday..

Kato,

I'll plan on Sunday/Monday. We'll just need to make sure that there are at least two people heading back to Tacate from Saw Mill on Sunday. Sounds like it won't be a problem. Maybe some other will want to push on to Mikes. Weather will be perfect!

So.....it's 8am at the Quick Mart?

I spent 20 min posting for this ride-I lost it-I am going to bed - Computers suck.

tommarro for more details

I spent 20 min posting for this ride-I lost it-I am going to bed - Computers suck.

tommarro for more details

Spoken by a guy who can rebuild the entire electrical system of a Husky, 50 miles from nowhere, using a piece of bent wire and a stick.

Bruce your were the man when you saved my ass when my BMW battery took a dump. :rolleyes:

Ok let’s try this again. Goofys bike is goofed up and may not make it. If he gets it going he can take over this ride.

I like to be organized when I go to Baja. It is a dangerous place so I like to have a plan

Meet at the Quick Mart Tecate CA USA (Where the gas pumps are ) at 8-8:15 AM Sun Ready to ride .I am going to Joe Haul or trailer my bike.

After a riders meeting try to cross at 8:20-8:30

Passports

$$$

Well maintained ,topped off bike ,100 mile fuel range.or more

Tubes, air pump, tools.proper gear,

Snacks, water, no we will not be stopping for breakfast.

We will go to the sawmill for gas and hang around the lake for awhile. Possible burritos at the saw mill area.

Intermediate pace, No racers ,crashers, squids, spodes,

Route will be dictated my experience level of riders.Possible 175-200 mile day.

Beginerens welcome,Baja newbie’s welcome,but have to behave and have cool head and not be reckless. You need to take care of yourself.

Oncoming traffic at all times and at any place stay to the right.

In list

kkug

Bruce

Goofy ?

Kato

Also in for sunday.

My first time riding in Baja guys. My klr has been reliable, will have an ims 6.5 tank on, and i can usually hold my own ok on the trail, im also fluent in spanish (though its the gringo kind of spanish so dont count on me to sweet talk the police trying to nail us for a stop sign ah!).

how much cash is a good amount to take for a day down there more or less?

Guest Crusty

No racers ,crashers, squids, spodes,

That covers everyone.

well I'm bummed right now. just checked on my ims tank shipment and it says Monday delivery. problem is that I already sold part of my current tank setup because the shop I bought the IMS from said they would ship yesterday (friday delivery). for whatever reason they apparently decided to wait an extra day, nice one, there goes my Sunday ride. pretty pissed off.