Easy ride, slow pace, noob friendly

I will be on my KLR with street tires, so don't expect anything difficult. Meet around 730 at the Pio Pico RV resort.

Chef will be there on his DRZ with knobbies, but any dual sport should be able to have fun

Lurking

I could use the help... I MAY have a new front tire by then, OR I could be on a true STREET tire.

Trophy is a maybe

Bowers is probably lurking too

any other big bike guys, or cautious noobs want to check it out... guarantees: epic views, sacarstic comments, and some skill development

Lurking

I could use the help... I MAY have a new front tire by then, OR I could be on a true STREET tire.

Trophy is a maybe

Bowers is probably lurking too

any other big bike guys, or cautious noobs want to check it out... guarantees: epic views, sacarstic comments, and some skill development

How do you need help?

I'm mental

I don't know my way around there very well (but did get a new GPS, so I should be better off than last time)

it'll be my first REAL dirt ride on THIS KLR

I'm mental

I don't know my way around there very well (but did get a new GPS, so I should be better off than last time)

it'll be my first REAL dirt ride on THIS KLR

Sorry mental there too!!!!!!!!!

I throught tire.

Whats the route plan, up and some sorta loop around the top and back to the 94 or something like that? Any idea on the mileage and time(like, bring a lunch)?

Easy ride, slow pace, noob friendly

I will be on my KLR with street tires, so don't expect anything difficult. Meet around 730 at the Pio Pico RV resort.

Chef will be there on his DRZ with knobbies, but any dual sport should be able to have fun

If I can wake my ass up that early I will be there with my KLR with my 70/30 street to dirt tires. I am relatively noob myself and looking forward to meetin' y'all

Its a very firm plan...ride around for a while on dirt roads...try a few hill climbs maybe...ride along the border...try to not piss of the border patrol...

Probably not have lunch "on the trail" per se...

Its a very firm plan...ride around for a while on dirt roads...try a few hill climbs maybe...ride along the border...try to not piss of the border patrol...

Probably not have lunch "on the trail" per se...

Sounds good....won't be more than 125 miles right? I've only got a 2.3gal tank and an estimated 60-65 mpg.

Gas won't be an issue

Cool if I'm free and manage to get my ass up I may join you guys. Been there in my truck once but didn't go too far.

I can run sweep on the 9 fity. But the obvious question is where are we stopping for beer, food and BS?

Gas won't be an issue

Cool if I'm free and manage to get my ass up I may join you guys. Been there in my truck once but didn't go too far.

Set your alarm, prep the night before, and be ready to go...you'll see more in an hour on a bike than in 3 in a truck.

As for burgers, brews and BS- group concensus after riding is done- if we end up on the East side by 94 there is a bar there (and an old aqueduct if I remember correctly)...if we end up on the west side, lots of options in Rancho San Diego...if we end up on the south side...tacos y cerveza!

1361938895[/url]' post='145544']

Gas won't be an issue

Not if Arnie goes.

1361940741[/url]' post='145549']

prep the night before, and be ready to go..

Does a semi clean air filter and a semi bald tire qualify?

Gas won't be an issue

Not if Arnie goes.

I'm sporting the 6.6 tank, so I'll have some to spare- but I "think" we are going to be less than 125 miles, unless somebody knows a lot of stuff-

Bowers- you going?

I'm sporting the 6.6 tank, so I'll have some to spare- but I "think" we are going to be less than 125 miles, unless somebody knows a lot of stuff-

Bowers- you going?

I'll bring a coke bottle and maybe I'll pick up one of those fuel bottles. Eventually I'll have a rack and a rotopax....

1361940741[/url]' post='145549']

prep the night before, and be ready to go..

Does a semi clean air filter and a semi bald tire qualify?

Absolutely- you sound closer to the "bikeslut" end of the spectrum than the "bowers" side...have you ever seen that guy secure a bike with tie downs? Ends wrapped up tight...all matching colors (or lack of color)...when his XM is not properly receiving the 70's on 7 its a cause for immediate ride suspension until order is restored

Paul- if you show up, I have your radio cable and vapor to return

Count me in, I need to get the new ride out again !!! Looking forward to it !!

Do you plan to ride from home or is anyone trucking there bike down there ?

Whish i could make it. Always good fun on BS rides

Rode the area about a week ago and gate was locked (again) on maroon, couldnt reach the river and had to turn around. Might be open now, i dont know what their criterias are.

And you re right i did find some fun hill climbs.. from pio pico when you reach the top of otay go left on main graveled trail then shortly after you ll see some un-graveled hills on your right. Those side trail go up, down, then meet again with the main trail further down the mountain.

Have fun on the new beast!

1361941241[/url]' post='145551']

Gas won't be an issue

Not if Arnie goes.

I promise no bean and chorizo burro for breakfast....well maybe.