996Pilot

SDAR Club Meeting - Gary LaPlante MotoVentures

I am more inclined to think this is more of what he was referring to........

I am more inclined to think this is more of what he was referring to........

Stupid bike skills !

Crazy stuff there, Really enjoyed his talk though. Me and the wife plan to attend his classes in the future, yes my wife wants to ride now :) But I want her to learn from someone like him, I plan to take his trials class !!! I sat at the table with him in the meeting, really nice guy.

Really enjoyed his talk though. Me and the wife plan to attend his classes in the future, yes my wife wants to ride now

Call'em up and set yourself up for one of the clinics at the "CORE 4 Kids" Fundraiser (your wife might be more inclined to attend the clinic knowing that she can relax in the hot springs afterwards ;) )

More info on the Motoventures Clinic's offered at the CORE 4 Kids Fundraiser:

Gary LaPlante (AKA Mr. MotoVentures: ) is offering two (2) off-road riding clinics in conjunction with the CORE 4 Kids Fundraiser on March 23rd. These clinics are for anyone with Level 2 or greater riding skills, not for beginners.

Gary literally "wrote the book" on off-road riding curriculm: http://www.motoventures.com/motoventures-training

MotoVentures Level 2 training clinics start with Garys classic riders meeting, which covers bike set-up, terrain and conditions, key fundamentals and body positioning, mental and visual habits, how to shift weight and maintain your balance, how to pick and stick to the preferred line, motocross and trials techniques, and how to transition from street to dirt and visa-versa. Riding exercises will include sitting turns, braking skills, stand-up riding and stand up turning, steep hill climbing and descending, hill climb extractions, riding side hills, making turns on hills, and how to handle hills without traction. Exercises continue with a five-cone stand up and steer slalom, a six-inch board ride, and how to ride in deep sand. From there well learn and practice wheelies for fun and for a purpose, brake slides and power slides, and basic jumping skills. We'll trail ride in between exercise and participants will get an opportunity to try a trials bike if they want.

The first clinic will be held on Friday, March 22nd (the day before the CORE 4 Kids Fundraiser ride on Saturday March 23). Hours on Friday will be 11am to ~5pm (6 hours) with a 30-minute lunch break (food and drinks not included).

The second clinic will be held on Saturday March 23rd (Fundraiser attendee's have the option of training on Saturday and riding in the local area on Sunday the 24th). Hours on Saturday will be from 8am - ~2pm (6 hours) with a 30-minute lunch break (lunch and drinks not included).

Both clinics will take place in the riding areas around the event headquarters; the Glamis North Hot Springs Resort.: http://www.glamisnorth.com/

Minimum/pre-registered student headcount to conduct each clinic is 10 people. The deadline for registration is March 8, two weeks prior to the event. Likewise, if there is enough interest, MotoVentures will provide additional instructors and could accommodate up to 20 riders at each clinic.

Cost is $195 per person with $20 each going to the Childrens Cancer Research Fund

NOTE: A limited number of Yamaha WRs and TTRs will be available to rent for an additional $125.

Call'em up and set yourself up for one of the clinics at the "CORE 4 Kids" Fundraiser (your wife might be more inclined to attend the clinic knowing that she can relax in the hot springs afterwards ;)/> )

Agreed, my wife and I are going to take the Friday clinic.

Call'em up and set yourself up for one of the clinics at the "CORE 4 Kids" Fundraiser (your wife might be more inclined to attend the clinic knowing that she can relax in the hot springs afterwards ;)/>/>/>/> )

Agreed, my wife and I are going to take the Friday clinic.

I would if I we where going, affraid that we already had some alternative plans that weekend. Not going to be able to but will for sure be attending next year !!! I know the kids really wanted to go because they can ride there atv's on the adventures, we are for sure going next year.