Yuma Adam

Riding in Yuma

Hey Everyone!!!

Just wanted to throw up a quick post say hello and Introduce my self.

My name is Adam and I'm from ..........

wait for it...

Yuma.

Here's a short video of some local riding while I get back to work on my profile. If anyone wants to make a day trip let me know.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o7JyYolCBho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adam.

Oops, link maybe??

Welcome Adam, I ride out in Yuma a lot because I like the open space. You have a couple of members on this forum that ride in Yuma. I do not know you and the only way i can know you is to ride with you sometime and I will plan on that.

Hola fellow Arizonian... How's free America treatin ya?... Next time I head out there I'll give ya a holler.

I had plans to ride in Yuma but was thrawted by Mother Nature... something about 90 degrees at sun up that doesn't agree with me :bad:

but welcome to the group, and any time you want to head West on the 8, let me know and I'll try to show you around

I had plans to ride in Yuma but was thrawted by Mother Nature... something about 90 degrees at sun up that doesn't agree with me :bad:/>

but welcome to the group, and any time you want to head West on the 8, let me know and I'll try to show you around

Cool, and thanks for the heads up about this site.

Welcome Adam, I ride out in Yuma a lot because I like the open space. You have a couple of members on this forum that ride in Yuma. I do not know you and the only way i can know you is to ride with you sometime and I will plan on that.

Sounds good. I have a little loop, about 100 miles with a lunch stop I try and do 3x a week, let me know.

Superstition 15 is a big Off Road event every Jan. Its on the 19th-20th this year. Superstition OHV, just NW of El Centro.

A 100 mile loop, 3x per week...that must be cool...and good exercise

If I ever get a chance, I'd like to take you up on the offer one of these days...

If I ever get a chance, I'd like to take you up on the offer one of these days...

Any time, I'd even throw in a beer and a steak at the end of the day. It looks kinda like this ride...

I will post this one up in the "planning a ride" section and see if I can get any other takers.

Adam.

Great videos. And welcome to the forum. I'd love I join you on a ride anytime.

Cool introduction video. That is the first time I have seen anyone introduce themselves that way. Good job!

Hey Everyone!!!

Just wanted to throw up a quick post say hello and Introduce my self.

My name is Adam and I'm from ..........

wait for it...

Yuma.

Here's a short video of some local riding while I get back to work on my profile. If anyone wants to make a day trip let me know.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o7JyYolCBho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Adam.

Oops, link maybe?? http://youtu.be/o7JyYolCBho

As a fellow Yuman, welcome to the club. This is a good club with a lot of outstanding people. I recognize a lot of the places on your video an am looking forward to going along on your 100 mile loop some time soon. I've got a few loops around here myself, but I know you can ride around Yuma a long time and still find new trails you haven't been on before.

Cool video by the way.

Hey Adam -Glad to see you here. I recognize Matt and my bike in the start of your video.But I forgot where that was ?????????? . :blush:

See you have a 690 -Still got the 950 ? Wr ?

later Ken

Adam--oh ya Randsberg--Cat Fish ride. Good times. !

As a fellow Yuman, welcome to the club. This is a good club with a lot of outstanding people. I recognize a lot of the places on your video an am looking forward to going along on your 100 mile loop some time soon. I've got a few loops around here myself, but I know you can ride around Yuma a long time and still find new trails you haven't been on before.

Cool video by the way.

I'm close to 32nd and Araby Rd. I basically ride into the foothills, under 8, past the hill with the radio towers, into North Foothills, Past the concrete plant (maybe out to Welton for lunch) North on 95 to the little blue church just before Adair Park Rd, follow road to Reflector hill, then cut straight back on the ridge top to 95 and home again.

Join in anytime. Do you know how to get from Lagoona Dam Rd out to Martinez Lake? I'd like to add that to my regular rotation. I have done it before but don't know all the turns.

Adam

Hey Adam -Glad to see you here. I recognize Matt and my bike in the start of your video.But I forgot where that was ?????????? . :blush:/>

See you have a 690 -Still got the 950 ? Wr ?

later Ken

I only knew California City. I was just a tag along that weekend!!

So here's the list

I do still have the 990 but its in Ontario

The WR got new lowered suspension and wheels and turned into a flat track bike

The 690 is a bit of a handful here, mostly because the steering stop is so aggressive but it's a good compromise to having a 990 and a 450.

Let me know if your planning anything interesting, I'm thinking about heading back to Palomar Observatory soon with my Riding Buddy Dave

but it will be an all street ride (my FJR 1300 and his 990 SMT) Maybe loop out through San Bernardino (sp?) or something with a mandatory

ride through Julian.

Thanks EVERYONE for the welcomes and I'm glad you liked my little videos.

Aside from riding and wrenching I do enjoy a little editing.

Shoot me a pm if you have a bunch of video or pics from some SDAR rides and I can try and put something together if you like.

I'm always up for a ride so let me know, I'll charge up the GOPRO!!

Adam.

Any time, I'd even throw in a beer and a steak at the end of the day. It looks kinda like this ride...

I will post this one up in the "planning a ride" section and see if I can get any other takers.

Adam.

Dude, you are killing me...I'm married, have three small kids, and work 50 hours a week...how the hell am I'm going to pull off a Yuma trip :huh:

Now you are throwing in beer and a steak...you might just be my new BFF :heh:

You're too funny, at least I'm on vacation so I'm flexible. My wife understands, when I don't go riding I get grumpy, but in all fairness I don't leave her at home with 3 kids!!

My house backs up to the Fortuna wash over by 48th and Foothills. I have a loop that cuts thru the north end of the footills by the concrete plant and hugs the mountain on the east side along side the railroad tracks. Its technical and rocky but fun. I'v also taken that ridge road by Adair Park rd all the way to Mittry, cut over to Imperial Dam, then jump on some old trails by Senators following the All American canal, all the way to Pichaco. That loop is 150 miles about 80% dirt. Look forward to a ride soon. Anyone who has ridden with me, knows at some point in the ride we will be lost. But I think that's part of the fun.

Cool video by the way.

I'm close to 32nd and Araby Rd. I basically ride into the foothills, under 8, past the hill with the radio towers, into North Foothills, Past the concrete plant (maybe out to Welton for lunch) North on 95 to the little blue church just before Adair Park Rd, follow road to Reflector hill, then cut straight back on the ridge top to 95 and home again.

Join in anytime. Do you know how to get from Lagoona Dam Rd out to Martinez Lake? I'd like to add that to my regular rotation. I have done it before but don't know all the turns.

Adam

I am open most Saturdays and selected Sundays for a ride around Yuma. I have been wanting to ride Castle Dome Mine area and south of I 8. I will be out by Pacacho park area tomorrow. Shoot me a pm.