Bagstr and I spent the last two days scouting/tweaking the suggested loops for the the CORE 4 Kids fundraiser in March

Lot's of beautiful terrain/photo ops........especially at the end of March when the colors are popping.....here's a brief teaser/sampler of some phone pics I snapped yesterday/today to show you some of what the area has to offer....

I hope you'll be able to join us in March: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/87

Shortly after you leave the campground you'll pass by the shoe tree.......these things pop up like weeds.......there's even a shoe tree on the CO. River near my place in Bullhead City?!?!.......so bring a pair of "done" shoes and add to the decor of the area (tree)

IMAG1489.jpg

Next stop is the Bat Caves

Picture073.jpg

Then you'll round the bend and make your way over towards "the Oasis".......as you round the bend you'll have views of the Salton Sea (that's San Jacinto in the distance)..today I managed to catch a train rolling along as well:

IMAG1490-1.jpg

Then it's off to "the Oasis"

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Once you leave the Oasis you'll make your way over towards the Meccacopia Trail

IMAG1491.jpg

I also added a new hardway in this area today (sorry, didn't snap any photos.....)

Once you leave the Meccacopia trail you'll have choices......if you're street plated you might want to consider riding through Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree ......or just head over to Chiriacho Summit for lunch/gas...

Here's a shot taken in Joshua Tree earlier today......that's San Jacinto in the distance......the area will be popping with color in late March.....

IMAG1492-1.jpg

Regardless of option, after lunch/gas at Chiriacho Summit it's off to the Red Canyon Trail.......loads of fun

IMAG1497.jpg

High above Red Canyon on the always fun Red Canyon Ridge Trail

IMAG1493.jpg

More options.......head over to Amy's Wash or explore Red Canyon

Dave deep in "The Pinnacles" of Red Canyon

IMAG1478-1.jpg

Dry waterfall at the end of The Pinnacles spur

IMAG1476.jpg

A few other wrinkles:

IMAG1479-1.jpg

The trestle in the distance passes over the Bradshaw Trail which is down in the main wash....

IMAG1474-1.jpg

I hear the train a comin'.....it's rollin' round the bend......and I ain't see the sunshine since......you know the rest ;):D

IMAG1498.jpg

Chris has a big all day loop set up for the event. I would describe it as quite varied, a taste of a lot of different terrain with Large Western views. Two track, canyons and ridgelines, wide and narrow, steep and flat.

Before he exposed me to the loop, I assumed the area was all around the Salton Sea, Not so. Off into the mountains and valleys north and west. Lots of different tracks to explore. Many side routes to challenge the experienced rider.

Glamis North is a nice set-up. Hot Mineral pools, good dinning room, friendly folks. The cabins are pretty new and well appointed.

This is a new place to expand your horizon, literally.

Film later.

B

Looks awesome. I've riden some of that area, but much of it haven't. I love cool rides!

Got a spot reserved (#70). Haven't got my entry in but intend to this week. Me and my buddy will be there with the wives staying til Monday. Should be a great weekend.

There's an exciting "CORE 4 Kids" Fundraiser development in the works. Stay tuned for more details regarding a collaborative effort with Gary LaPlante of Motoventures. Come out to the fundraiser with your family and receive training from the man who wrote the book......literally :coolio: : http://www.motoventures.com/

Look forward to the long weekend. I rode some trail, but never so far out to "Paton". Will change a Sidecover seal and Oil this weekend before the Super ball party.

We will drive a F250 with trailer and 2 Bikes, if someone need to hauling something out, (Gas cans, chairs, tools), let me know. I am in Ramona /Poway.

Mr.JAJA

what kind of fuel range is needed

Lot's of options to ride......if you want to hit it all you need a ~90 mile range.....no gas at the resort......leave with full tank / top off at Chiriaco Summit.

Great pics...looking forward to it.... :D/>

Bump/Preview for anyone who missed the earlier posting of this ride report........feel free to ask me any questions about the upcoming CORE 4 Kids event at this weekend's Desert Dash

I will be there with and without back pain.

Getting old this days. :( :( :dead:

Heading out for a final sweep of the 2013 CORE 4 Kids tracks tomorrow with Lane Ramsey (riding buddy/President of the O.C. Dualies)

The final track set has been in place for months but I want to do a final pass to make sure there are no new/nasty obstacles and/or closures....

Ordered T-Shirts this morning.....

Looking forward to seeing many of you in a week

Info: http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/87