There is a BBQ on July 7 at Carguy's.

LINK TO THE ORIGINAL BBQ THREAD:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...c=1285&st=0

Pre BBQ Ride.

Saturday July 7, 2007 9:00 AM

Saturday July 7, 2007 8:00 AM

Meet at the Jacumba Valero

THIS IS A CHANGE FROM WHAT WAS POSTED IN THE ORIGINAL BBQ THREAD

I'm proposing this change to keep this ride in the cooler part of the day. If anyone objects, speak up - or maybe I should say post up.

Difficulty:

I did a part of it, so it can't be too difficult. I've only been riding two years.

Someone asked if it's a beginner ride. I haven't ridden all parts of it. It's partly exploration.

The parts I've ridden are probably more difficult than beginner level but anyone who wants to give it a try is welcome. Nobody gets left behind.

So far it looks like the following riders are going.

1) 2Wheels - noobie leading intermediate ride "So what if I crash?"

2) Tree - asked if there was going to be a ride, but never said whether he was going

3) dirt dame - happy to see that someone decided to go on a ride

4) Levvy - giving it a try on his KLR

5) Ride Orange - Giving me a chance to redeem myself after getting him lost last year

6) unclecameron - SDAR Founder and Family Patriarch joins his children for a ride

7) chickenheart - waiting for his wife to say "yes"

8) Numbskull - "I'm down" - and UP FOR A RIDE

9) Ron Rides - Directions?

10) mrorange - better late than never

cancelled

1) husky4me - willing to put up with the heat for a few hours

2) Honda Pilot - decided not to be anti-social

3) SCHWINN - "I wanna have fun riding and then partying "

4) EX QB - Probably? ... Probably not sure he wants to scratch that new Husky yet.

5) No Shift - "ride... eat... good..."

Directions to the Valero in Jacumba: Take the I-8 east to the Jacumba exit. There are two gas stations. No houses. Nothing else.

RIDERS WHO KNOW ABOUT THE 8:00 AM START TIME

1) 2Wheels

2) SCHWINN - cancelled

3) chickenheart

4) husky4me - cancelled

5) Ride-Orange

6) Tree (R.O. will make sure he gets the word)

7) dirt dame

8) No Shift

9) EX QB - cancelled

10) Honda Pilot - cancelled

11) Levvy

12) mrorange

13) unclecameron

-------------------------------------

Hope these guys know about the earlier start.

Numbskull

Ron Rides

------------------------------------

Water Optional

nntz313.3.jpg

Pre BBQ Ride

Did someone say BBQ? Me! I wanna go to a BBQ!

Seriously ... did I miss something? I saw no mention of a BBQ in any other thread. Nevertheless, is someone hosting a BBQ Saturday July 7? Details?

Im in, as long as this is the only ride that coincides with carguys party.I am coming from north county with truck and 5th wheel to sleep in cuz I wanna have fun riding and then partying and not having to drive home, carguy said there is room for my trlr,. When the ride starts at valero does it finish at carguys cuz I will probably offload at his house and ride up there and how far from carguys to valero.

Pre-Q ride sounds great, count me in!

[Did someone say BBQ? Me! I wanna go to a BBQ!

Seriously ... did I miss something? I saw no mention of a BBQ in any other thread. Nevertheless, is someone hosting a BBQ Saturday July 7? Details?

Brett,

Here's the link to the BBQ. Please come join us because I have something REALLY IMPORTANT to talk to you about! :ph34r::ph34r:

Im in, as long as this is the only ride that coincides with carguys party.I am coming from north county with truck and 5th wheel to sleep in cuz I wanna have fun riding and then partying and not having to drive home, carguy said there is room for my trlr,. When the ride starts at valero does it finish at carguys cuz I will probably offload at his house and ride up there and how far from carguys to valero.

The ride will end at Carguy's at about noon. It's about 25 miles from the Valero in Jacumba to Carguy's.

Probably best to drop off your truck at Carguy's and ride your bike to the Valero in Jacumba.

The ride will end at Carguy's at about noon. It's about 25 miles from the Valero in Jacumba to Carguy's.

Probably best to drop off your truck at Carguy's and ride your bike to the Valero in Jacumba.

Is anyone meeting at Carguy's before setting out to the Valero? I don't have a trailer so I'd like to stop by and drop of camping stuff at Carguy's before the ride.

Schwinn - I'm coming from Solana Beach so we could meet somewhere on the 15 and ride down together.

80% chance I'm in...just gotta get the beefier skidplate install to avoid problems if I case it, and throw another TKC-80 on the rear, you can almost see the air it's so bald...no comments Kevin :) This time I have rear brakes too, a definite improvement off-road.

I live in Mission Valley, I'll just ride out there, prolly leave here around 8am if anyone is silly enough to want to ride along with the pig.

LEVVY,I am taking truck and 5th wheel toybox, you are welcome to throw it inside or follow up, I live off del dios hwy near via rancho pkwy

LEVVY,I am taking truck and 5th wheel toybox, you are welcome to throw it inside or follow up, I live off del dios hwy near via rancho pkwyESCONDIDO

[ TKC-80 on the rear, you can almost see the air it's so bald...no comments Kevin :) This time I have rear brakes too, a definite improvement off-road.

Cam, why dont you just ride it on the rim, you did on our last ride as there was no rubber left-I couldn't resist!

LEVVY,I am taking truck and 5th wheel toybox, you are welcome to throw it inside or follow up, I live off del dios hwy near via rancho pkwy

That would be awesome, I'm right on Via de la Valle, so it's a straight shot across. If you have room for a KLR in the toybox I'd be happy to help cover gas for the ride (or pack an extra 6-pack of your favorite BEvERage...). Highways are no fun on Kenda 270s.

id like to be there is the carlsbad cronic going to be there it is sssssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good but only after riding it is potent. im in oceanside what are the directions ?and do you need anything the wife and kids are in too i can bring anything you need let me know

I'm down for a ride but it's going to be smoking hot!! any chance of starting at 8am? Coming from el cajon so if anyone wants to carpool let me know.

I'm down for a ride but it's going to be smoking hot!! any chance of starting at 8am? Coming from el cajon so if anyone wants to carpool let me know.

Earlier the better indeed... Up to 2wheels and the rest of the crew... Waddaya say folks?

I guess so, on the subject of earlier. There's nuthin that beats coolness, except a short drive....but I have to make a sort of long one from north county, so I'll just have to set the old alarm and boogie down :)

I was just riding out there yesterday, it was triple digits hot. I've got stuff going on in the morning anyway so hopefully I'll be at the BBQ about 1300. Enjoy the ride and bring plenty of water.

Yes very hot . . . Bring lotsa water/gatoraid for sure!

Smeagle-sbbqed.gif

Yes very hot . . . Bring lotsa water/gatoraid for sure!

Nassty Sun. It burns us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

7-7-07 Jacumba Ride

So far, Tree, R/O, DD, and NoShift! are in favor of an earlier 8:00 AM start time.

I'd rather just stick with 9:00 AM as the start time, but if enough people are in favor of earlier, I'm willing to go along with that.

First, I'd hate to have someone not check this thread and then show up at 9:00 only to find nobody there. As happens on all rides, a few lurkers will probably show up for the ride. That's a good thing. I'd like to see more people join and go on rides with us.

Second, Jacumba to Mountain Springs and back isn't that long of a ride. It's about 10 to 15 miles round trip and I think it'll take about an hour including stops for photos and admiring the scenery. If we start at 9:00 and make the round trip in an hour, it'll be BBQ start time for anyone who wants to bail and go straight to Carguy's.

After making the round trip, if I still have water and energy, I'd like to explore some of the dirt roads in the Jacumba area with anyone else who wants to keep riding for another hour or two before going over to Carguy's. Or maybe someone else in the group will know of some trails or dirt roads we could ride in the area.

A point in favor of leaving earlier is that the earlier we go, the better chance we have of finding some sheep, but I don't think it'll make much difference either way: 8a to 11a or 9a to 12 noon.

Well, let's see if anyone else chimes in.

I went out to Jacumba this morning and at 7am it was getting hot, by 9 it felt like the high 90's. Early is better. :ph34r:

I am going to be the first to bow out! 115 in the shade is not sounding appealing. I think it is time to stay home and surf the new board. Have fun

I went out to Jacumba this morning and at 7am it was getting hot, by 9 it felt like the high 90's. Early is better. :ph34r:

I'm convinced. Early is better. Now how to get a hold of everyone who said they were going on the ride.