Sign in to follow this  
Erick

Street Legal Banshee?

$5500

LOL. You can get them plated, but they won't stick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it was prob possible to plate that back in the day. A few years back when I lived in el cajon a guy had a plated 250R three wheeler he used to ride all the time. I used to see it everywhere even at the parking lot at parkway plaza.

One of the benefits to living in Arizona. You can still plate just about anything here. They even give you an option on your tags. All street, all dirt or limited street.

My wifes parents live in Arizona. Does anybody know how I could get my Yamaha Rhino plated so I can use it in CA? Can I use there address? Or would the rhino need to be in the in-laws name. I love riding my plated KTM into borrego to get a burrito and a beer from ocotilla. Does CA not let you ride an AZ plated UTV in CA?

My wifes parents live in Arizona. Does anybody know how I could get my Yamaha Rhino plated so I can use it in CA? Can I use there address? Or would the rhino need to be in the in-laws name. I love riding my plated KTM into borrego to get a burrito and a beer from ocotilla. Does CA not let you ride an AZ plated UTV in CA?

Anything can get plated in AZ. A Rhino will not work in Cali

Anything can get plated in Cali under this rule (sb100 California) if you follow the rules like DOT tires,Windshield wipers,brake lights and blinkers.

Opens the 1st of January and only 500 get passed out each year.

My neighbor has a turbo V-8 long travel dune buggy No Smog in Cali legal cuz of SB 100

http://home.thegrid.net/~ffr4776/SB100_Registration.pdf

stanonpalomar.jpg

STANJUMPING.jpg

That's awesome. I'd take way more trips to the grocery store if I had that.

I picked up a AZ. street plate for my 2003 LTZ quad......$4 for title transfer and $18 for registration......no vehicle inspection for speedo, turn signals, horn, etc......she looked up the VIN# and said, "Oh, it has a headlight and tail/brake light......that's good enough for me"......I was in and out in ~10 minutes........Kathy wants to use it to tool around the neighborhood, visit her Mom/sister at their vaca homes which are a little less than ~2 miles away......may put a tow ball on the back and use it for my Seadoos....the river is ~7/10 of a mile from my driveway through the park.....

I'm thinking about street plating my "toaster" next......I love AZ. :heh:

More Quads on the street in Cali. These are a old friends of mine from the owner of North County Concrete Cutting and or North County Powder Coating. His Daughter Lori runs the powder coating.

These are all quads of various makes with very old antique bumper car buddies on them and DOT Tires, Blinkers, running lights, brake lights, mirrors.

http://www.coolthings.com/tom-wrights-street-legal-bumper-cars/

More Quads on the street in Cali. These are a old friends of mine from the owner of North County Concrete Cutting and or North County Powder Coating. His Daughter Lori runs the powder coating.

These are all quads of various makes with very old antique bumper car buddies on them and DOT Tires, Blinkers, running lights, brake lights, mirrors.

Sorry to be the buzz-kill, but if you follow the link to the flicker page, you'll read that DMV has revoked the plates.....

"It was a mistake by the field office staff, said Jan Mendoza, a DMV spokeswoman." Link HERE

The other thing to consider on these Special Construction plates is the insurance cost. My former boss had a bike built and then registered under Special Construction. Since it didn't have a "name brand" on it - read somebody hasn't tested it, passed DOT guidelines, etc - the insurance was $250 per month. Jeff had been a licensed rider over 25 years at the time.

The other thing to consider on these Special Construction plates is the insurance cost. My former boss had a bike built and then registered under Special Construction. Since it didn't have a "name brand" on it - read somebody hasn't tested it, passed DOT guidelines, etc - the insurance was $250 per month. Jeff had been a licensed rider over 25 years at the time.

Wow, I would like to know what insurance company he used. I am not paying anywhere near that much, $38/month.

Interesting David. Is your plate attached to a named manufacturer....like Yamaha, etc...? That makes a huge difference. His was a garage built bike with manufacturer cert for the frame, engine, etc. but not Harley, Triumph, etc.

Interesting David. Is your plate attached to a named manufacturer....like Yamaha, etc...? That makes a huge difference. His was a garage built bike with manufacturer cert for the frame, engine, etc. but not Harley, Triumph, etc.

Ahh, that could be it. That is how my WR450 is plated. From a salvage WR450 Frame and did an engine swap.

Wow, I would like to know what insurance company he used. I am not paying anywhere near that much, $38/month.

I'm only paying $60.00 a year at Geico for my KTM.

Chris

Sorry to be the buzz-kill, but if you follow the link to the flicker page, you'll read that DMV has revoked the plates.....

"It was a mistake by the field office staff, said Jan Mendoza, a DMV spokeswoman." Link HERE

These have been licensed for over 15 years and will probly be at Cruising Grand Friday. He also takes them to Laughlin Bike week.

What about the legality of street legal gas golf carts? Anybody know anything about them?

From what I gather all street legal golf carts are considered Neighborhood Vehicles and can "limited" to going 25mph and must stay on streets with speed limits 35mph and under.

They must have lights, mirrors, seatbelts, DOT tires and I think blinkers.

Anybody have any other info? I'd appreciate it!

I picked up a AZ. street plate for my 2003 LTZ quad......$4 for title transfer and $18 for registration......no vehicle inspection for speedo, turn signals, horn, etc......she looked up the VIN# and said, "Oh, it has a headlight and tail/brake light......that's good enough for me"......I was in and out in ~10 minutes........Kathy wants to use it to tool around the neighborhood, visit her Mom/sister at their vaca homes which are a little less than ~2 miles away......may put a tow ball on the back and use it for my Seadoos....the river is ~7/10 of a mile from my driveway through the park.....

I'm thinking about street plating my "toaster" next......I love AZ. :heh:

If my wife doesn't ride her quad pretty soon, I'll be shopping for a bumper car

Hopefully the LTZ 400 will see a bit more use now that it's "street legal" in AZ. ;)

IMAG1181.jpg

Not to mention the street legal Smoker

300BlackMtn-1.jpg

I like AZ. :dirol::good: